PB12A

Full Circle

The LuYue ending to Pretty Boys of 12A


 

 

"I give up" Luhan said, burying his head in the thick language dictionary. "Give up on what?" Chanyeol asked curiously. "Coffee. Give up on that toxic poison" Lin supplied helpfully. "Coffee isn't that bad" Minseok said. "Do I need to tell you the story about my friend who puked after drinking two cups of coffee?" Lin asked sharply. "We've all heard that a thousand times" Baekhyun said. "Guys, can you focus on the problem at hand please?" Chanyeol asked gesturing to Luhan.

"He's just being dramatic" Kyungsoo said. "Here, eat a cookie" he added, putting down a plate full of cookies. "I give up on trying to win Qiuyue over" Luhan said in a small voice. "You were trying to win over Qiuyue?" Chanyeol asked. "Way to keep up Yeol" Baekhyun said wryly. "You don't want to date the drama queen" Kyungsoo said. "Of course he wants to date the drama queen! You can't give up Luhan!" Lin protested. "Why are you insistent on them dating?" Minseok asked her. "Because it is my mission in life to see these idiots together" Lin told him. "You didn't set a very high bar this time did you?" he asked her. "Not at all. Was too lazy" she replied with a shrug.

"I think we've all established that Luhan has a thing for Qiuyue" Chanyeol said weakly. "Yes he does. Hey hey hey, look at this" Baekhyun said mischieviously. "Hey Luhan! Are Qiuyue's eyes pretty?" Baekhyun asked. "Her eyes?" Luhan blinked, looking up from the dictionary. "They are the prettiest! They are all wide and innocent and brown like a deer's and sharp but also soft and ..." Luhan continued to Minseok who nodded in sympathy. "Figures that he'd be attracted to deer like stuff" Chanyeol laughed. 

"Yeah great, like write her a love poem or something. Leo women are sentimental as . She'll love that ish" Lin said, interrupting and saving her boyfriend. "Better yet, serenade her" Baekhyun piped up. "Really?" Luhan asked. "Yup" Baekhyun egged him on. "Shut up and eat your cookie" Kyungsoo said. "But what if I did serenade her?" Luhan thought out loud. "What's her favourite song?" 

"Of late she has been listening to indie songs about heartbreak" Lin said with a frown. "Try a safe and tested romantic song?" Minseok suggested. If you can't stop the madness join in. "Can you imagine Luhan standing below the balcony and singing 'I will always love you' " Baekhyun said, cracking up at his own joke. "Oh . She's gonna die of embarrassment at the face he makes while singing high notes" Chanyeol laughed. "Or say something stupid along the lines of cheating on Mikasa" Lin said slapping her head. Luhan deflated like a balloon and sunk lower into his seat with every passing comment.

"Are we picking on Luhan's self esteem today?" Sehun asked, slipping into the chair next to Luhan. "Totally" Baekhyun said. He got whacked on his head by Kyungsoo and Sehun snickered. "The boys are trying to figure out how to get Luhan to successfully woo Qiuyue" Lin explained. "She still has no clue?" Sehun asked. "None at all" Minseok answered. " to be you hyung" Sehun told Luhan. "Don't be smart with me punk" Luhan said snarkily. Sehun raised his hands in defeat.

"So far we've all agreed serenading is not the best way to go about it" Chanyeol told Sehun. "But he has a nice voice?" Sehun said confused. "This is not the time for your crush on his voice to show" Lin said. "Geez that was one time. It's not my fault he passes off as a girl too easily!" Sehun protested. "I am a man!" Luhan protested. "Clearly Qiuyue isn't thinking so" Sehun said grumpily. "Well she will! As soon as I figure out how..." Luhan trailed off miserably.

"You could try to take her to a haunted house or watch a horror movie with her?" Chanyeol suggested. "Didn't work. that was what Attack on Titans was for" Lin reminded him. "Oh yeah" Chanyeol vaguely remembered the anime madness in the middle. "It would have worked if not for her taking Luhan's crush on Mikasa seriously" Lin said with a frown. "That was dumb" Minseok agreed. "It was funny though" Kyungsoo said. Everyone nodded in agreement as Luhan groaned.

"It's kind of obvious though" Sehun said, giving everyone his infamous you're-all-peasants look. "Oh really?" Baekhyun asked sarcastically. "Duh. Qiuyue is a dancer. What is the one way to seduce a dancer?" Sehun asked. "Dance" Luhan said feeling enlightened. "Precisely. Remember the time she had a crush on Jongin because she saw him dance?" Sehun reminded everyone. "Oh yeah! Of course! Dance it should be" Lin agreed. "You have to be ier than Kai though" Chanyeol ponted out. "I will be because I am a man!" Luhan said. The entire table gave him a look.

Somehow this seemed to be a setup for failure just like the previous plans were.

 

 

 

"You're here!" Luhan said, slipping off his chair in surprise. "Yeah. I didn't realize that I had forgotten to do my laundry so I ended up having nothing to wear except this" she said ruefully, gesturing at her shorts and black t-shirt that looked longer but had been tied up somewhere midriff to ensure movement. "Lin said I looked okay though?" she added doubtfully. "You look okay! Like if you dont mind then I don't mind" he ended lamely. Of course he wouldn't mind he got booty to look at.

"Right so, do you have a song in mind?" Qiuyue asked him. "No. Baekhyun messaged me a list when I asked him but he sent only y songs" Luhan said awkwardly. "Like extremely y songs which require you to basically strip on stage because Baekhyun sent me that list too" Qiuyue deadpanned. "He's a ray of sunshine" Luhan added. "Well, I guess we'll just go through our playlist and see if we find something" he shrugged. "No let's pick something from the list!" Qiuyue said suddenly. "What?" he asked in surprise. "Yeah, let's take a y song and do a sensible dance to it and rub it in Baek's face" she planned. 

"What's the first song on the list?" she asked, looking up her list of messages. "Rihanna and Drake. Not bad" she shrugged. "Which one?" Luhan asked. "What's My Name" Qiuyue told him. "uh... have you heard it before?" he asked. "Maybe. Baekhyun sent me audios too but I heard it all at once" she told him. "Maybe we should find another song" Luhan said, feeling heat rise in his cheeks. "No! We can't give up!" she declared. He facepalmed. The lyrics were too straightforward. He would like to do a dirty dance with Qiuyue on it some time but this was not the time. He watched as she plugged her headphones in and played the song, sharing with Luhan.

It started off fine and Qiuyue got into the beat. Then Drake came in and she giggled at the 69 joke. "It's not bad" she said. Just then the lyrics got more than suggestive and she blushed. she buried her head in Luhan's shoulder to hide her blushing face while Luhan just laughed. "We'll choose another song" he told her. "And lose to Baek? No ways! Let's do this!" she said standing up. She plugged her iPod in and started the song to count the beats. Luhan just leaned against the wall, trying to control his laughter at how red her face was despite her trying to maintain a poker face. When she noticed she came over and playfully punched him and dragged him back to center.

It was very awkward at the starting. It was hard to come up with steps on spot, especially to a song she didn't know and Luhan was being insufferable about the entire ordeal. "Relax. Let go. You won't get any ideas by stressing" he told her. "Let's freestyle" he suggested. "Okay" she agreed grumpily. He put her hands on his shoulder and his on her waist guiding her through a few basic hip movements as Rihanna sang the verse after Drake. It seemed to give Qiuyue some ideas because she started leading. Towards the end of the chorus, she turned and did a body roll against Luhan, which he followed easily and they let out a loud whoop. Sensible dancing be damned this was more fun.

Despite the bright lighting, the mood had come down to that of a club, especially as she ran her hands over his chest. All of  a sudden they were too close and in rhythm. Luhan finally got why Sehun said only dancers could seduce other dancers. The allure of perfect sync to a y beat was just too hard to ignore. Staying just the right number of inches apart was more sensuous than actually touching. And Qiuyue's eyes. God, he wasn't wrong while choosing them to be the thing he admired. They were sharp, focused, half lidded and goddamned y.

The song got over and the next on Baek's list was The Way I Are by Timbaland. But no one was listening to bother. Luhan's fingers were drawing circles on the exposed skin of her waist. Qiuyue's mind was going haywire because seduction! warning! can't lose war! y boy though! But it also sort of maybe kinda didn't feel that bad so she let Luhan take a step closer and hold her in place while he rested his forehead on hers. Their noses were touching and lips were close and it was kinda whoa but also kinda hey and like kinda totally right but also whoa?

 

"Whoa fantastic baby! boom shaka laka! boom shaka laka - "

 

Qiuyue pushed Luhan away and went to answer his phone because such y very wow much break please. Luhan growled and took it from her and yelled "Screw you!" into the phone and tossed it deep into his bag with a vengeance.

 

 

"Screw you!" came the reply much before Baekhyun could say anything. "I'm guessing the plan didn't work?" Sehun hazarded a guess. "Screw him too then. I win by the way, er" she rubbed into Baekhyun's face. Sehun watched the monopoly game board be tossed along with declarations of how Lin had definitely cheated because he had been winning if he didn't have to go to jail and pay a fine those stupid event cards goddamnit. 

Life was always interesting at 12A.