Drabble Dump

Full Circle

Because I have a writer's block and Kim Jongdae's voice does not help


 

Twice, I have lived forever in a smile

- E E s

 

"I'm just going to stand here and judge your existence" Kyungsoo said, arranging his papers into his folder. "You dragged me along because you wanted to see Ara!" Jongdae protested. "Correction. You invited yourself because you wanted to see what Haneul was upto. By the way, if she isn't here then I am not allowing you to third wheel on our date" Kyungsoo warned him before hand. "I'm pretty sure she is here. But I didn't come all the way to see her! I can be here to see Ara too. She is my friend too you know?" Jongdae lied. He was here to see Haneul but he had chickened out at the last moment. He didn't even know if she wanted to see him or if she would be happy about the little surprise. they had been texting just an hour ago when she had told him she had no plans and Jongdae wondered if turning up like this was being a little too forward.

"You are definitely here for Haneul you liar" Kyungsoo said the moment he saw Jongdae smile at Haneul who cae out before Ara had. Jongdae ran his hand through his hair shyly and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, breaking into a smile of his own at the sight of Ara. Haneul waved at Kyungsoo before standing next to Jongdae to let him pass by to meet Ara. She knew those two would be wrapped up in their own bubble soon and she didn't mind it really. In fact it was kind of cute. She waved good bye to them as they left the other way and turned to talk to Jongdae.

"Hi! I didn't know you would be here" she said, rocking back and forth on her heels. "I had some free time so I decided to accompany Kyungsoo. You seem happy about something" he said, noticing the smile playing on her lips since she had walked out. "I just got my pocket money today and I think I have enough left over to go buy a book or two" she told him. "Really?" he asked. She nodded, her hair bouncing along as it did. It surprised Jongdae that a simple thing like a book or two could make her so happy. Guess he knew what to give her on anniversaries and special occasions if they started going out. He shook the thought out of his head. He would never have the courage to ask her out.

"Do you like reading?" she asked him excitedly. "Not really. I never got into it" he confessed. Good god, what an answer to give to a book lover. Maybe he should go bang his head against the nearest locker. "That's cool too" she said with a motherly smile. "I think I got too into it. If I ever seem crazy and borderline psycho about them, then please point it out" she laughed congenially, rubbing the back of her head shyly. "I like that you are passionate about books so much" he said, before realizing what he had said. "Thank you" she beamed and his heart skipped a beat. Hell, he liked anything she did. How whipped was he?

"I can always hit the bookstore later. What do you want to do today?" she asked him. "Let's go to the bookstore. I guess I can always give a book a try" he said with a shrug. The way she beamed, he could swear he must have saved planets in his previous birth.

 

-

-