[Drabble] untitled

Full Circle

 

Ravi x OC drabble. Just because I have bias feels.


 


 

“Don’t you want to sleep?” Wonshik asked, rubbing his eyes as he leaned against the door for support. It was two in the night and he had woken up to find Haneul missing from their bed. He had followed the light in the hallway to the library and found her sitting on the couch and reading. “I do. I just need to go through this presentation one last time. I think I can come up with a few good points if I do a little more research” Haneul told him.

 

“Babe, you’ve been fiddling with this presentation all day. And the meeting is two days away. You need sleep. You can do this tomorrow” he reasoned. Haneul looked conflicted till she noticed the time as well. “I suppose I should get some sleep” she agreed hesitantly. She  put her laptop away and pulled her robe closer, shivering a little because of the temperature. Wonshik noticed and pulled her into his arms. Haneul sighed at the warmth and hugged him tighter.

"You’re usually not this nervous before a meeting” he commented. “The investor I’m meeting day after is a miser. And I am pretty sure he doesn’t like me” she mumbled the last part into his chest. “Well, he’s an idiot. You’re the smartest person I’ve ever met” he said, kissing her forehead. “Did I wake you up?” she asked, remembering that he was warm because he must have been asleep in bed a few minutes ago. “Not exactly, I was wondering where you were in the middle of the night when you didn’t return to bed” he told her. She nodded, burying her face in his chest. It was one of the advantages of their height difference. He could envelope her completely and hold her close in times like this.

“Off to sleep now?” he asked her, kissing the top of her head. Her hair felt soft and smelled of her citrus shampoo. “Yeah” she said halfheartedly. “This feels really nice. I don’t want to move” she confessed making him laugh. “I can always cuddle you in bed. But let’s get some sleep. I can feel you yawn” he said with a smile. Haneul pulled away, her cheeks pink at the teasing tone. “Let’s go” he said, taking her hand and walking back to their room. “Quickly! I have to cuddle you before I sleep” he added when Haneul dragged her feet. She laughed and increased her pace. Wonshik walked faster and it quickly spiralled into a competition over who would reach their bed first.

Haneul exclaimed in victory when she jumped onto her side just a few seconds before Wonshik did. He shook his head and got in, pulling her into his arms as soon as he did. “Sleep” he told her, tucking her into the blanket. “Good night” Haneul wished him, with a kiss to his cheek. “Good night” Wonshik said, stifling a yawn. Haneul smiled, closing her eyes and snuggling into Wonshik’s arms. There were perks to dating a teddy bear.