[Drabble] Rapunzel, Rapunzel

Full Circle

 

"Good morning" Donghae greeted from across the balcony. "Good morning" Minah sighed, smiling at him but turning to glare at her hair brush. It was a nice sunny morning and Minah had decided to take advantage of it. She had brought out a cup of coffee and her hairbrush, deciding to try to smoothe the tangle of curls that was her hair. However, her coffee had gotten over too soon and her brush had gotten twisted in her hair, making her irritable. She wasn't in the best of spirits when her neighbour decided to greet her, but she smiled anyways. Lee Donghae was a ray of sunshine and one could simply not stay sad at him.

"Coffee?" he offered, holding up a cup. "You are my saviour" Minah exclaimed before gratefully accepting the cup. Thankfully the two apartments were close enough for them to be able to reach out and pass things comfortably. You could even attempt jumping across but the height made them quite nervous. "It's a lovely morning isn't it?" he started, making small talk. "Yeah. It hasn't been sunny for quite a long time" Minah agreed. "I love spring but I needed some sunshine in my life" he said seriously making Minah laugh. "How is the football going?" she asked him. Donghae had been the reserve player for the national team and had been hoping to make the final cut this year. "Selections are in a month so everyone is on the field practically all the time" he told her. "I can understand" she said sympathetically. 

"You kind of have something in your hair" he said gesturning to her left. "Oh" Minah said, embarrassed by how her hair looked. She had forgottn all about it while talking to him but now that he had pointed it out, she felt conscious about her appearance. "Let me" he offered. He reached out, stretching a bit to reach her and pulled out a pin that had been dangling losely. "Be careful!" Minah exclaimed as he stretched out over again. "Don't worry!" he assured her as he placed the pin in her hair, tying to so that her curls no longer fell on her forehead but framed her face to the side.

Minah stared as he smiled at her. He was unexpectedly closer to her and now she was aware of the proximity. "Pretty" he complimented her, and his dimple made the smile seem more sincere. "You should really be careful. You could fall like this" Minah warned, looking at her feet instead of him. Why did she suddenly feel like a school girl in front of her crush? Why was she even thinking about crushes? This was just her nice neighbour Donghae!

"If I do, will you, Princess Rapunzel, let down our hair to save me?" he asked cheekily. "Did you watch Tangled recently?" Minah asked witha laugh. "Yeah. Last night in fact. It's a brilliant movie" Donghae said, leaning back to stand properly in his own balcony. "Figured. I could here you sing through the walls" Minah told him, grinning smugly at him blushing. "Oh well, look at the time. I should go practice. Enjoy the movie! I mean coffee!" Donghae said before bowing and leaving. Minah shook her head. She touched the pin that had been attached haphazardly to her hair. Princess Rapunzel... Well, she certainly had the hair for it.

 

 


 

Because I haven't written fluffy stuff in a while~