Style

Full Circle

 

Sehun pulled into the driveway quietly. His headlights were turned off and the engine was purring before the rumbling died as he stepped on the brakes. It had been a while since he had been with Haneul. He had been busy with work and she had been travelling. But the moment she had texted that she was back in town he had made up his mind to visit her. He had to wait till all the fans were gone after the concert and they had a few pictures to place an alibi in place stating he had gone out to eat and then just gone home.

He texted her and waited, drumming the steering wheel. His hair was still done up, shirt clinging loosely to his frame with the top buttons off. It was hot tonight without the excuse of hours of performing. From where his car was parked he could see the lights in her apartment go off and he mentally counted down five minutes. He wondered how she was now. He had seen her pictures on Instagram. Her new hair color looked y on her. He had always thought brown suited her more than black did. It brought out her eyes. Not that her eyes needed. They were sharp and observant and that was their charm. They didn't mss details and clearly trailed what they wanted unapologetically. He remembered how they had looked on their first night together. 

He saw her figure walk out of the building. She tipped off the security. It was a convenient arrangement. The guard had no clue who she went to meet because he had never directly seen Sehun but they couldn't take risks. He pushed the door open slightly, allowing her to slip in easily. "It's been a while" she said looking at him with a smile. "Too long" he agreed. "Where to tonight?" she asked him. "Out of town. You ready for a long drive?" he asked her. "Always" she said with a twinkle in her eyes. Sehun started the car, opting for no headlights till they were on the highway.

"You should really concentrate on the road" she said, not needing to look to see that he was looking at her. "So the fancams tell me that you guys were basically on stage" she started in a teasing tone. "The company decided it was okay to manipulate hormones of young teenage girls. And I can't help it if they find me y" he shrugged with a smirk. "Of course it can't be helped" she agreed, smoothening her shirt out. She had opted for a long shirt with pants that clung to her legs and accentuated her figure. Not that Sehun needed their help.

"One of these days you're going to get into trouble for sneaking out like this" she said, when they stopped at a secluded place by the Han River. "Today is not that day" he told her checking to see if they had been followed. They got out and decided to lie down on the hood, even if it was short for both of them. The warmth of the engine added onto the heat of the night making the two listless. She turned by her side, resting on his chest and putting a leg between his. She traced the shape of his muscles, playing with his buttons.

"So... does your girlfriend know yet?" she asked him, looking up at his face. "I don't want to talk about her today" he told her firmly. "You're not discreet Sehun. She isn't blind. It's pretty obvious. I've seen the looks she gives me" Haneul told him. "Look. That relationship is not going to work out and Subin knows this. I'm just trying to figure out how to let her down gently" he told her. "Breakups are like ripping off bandaids. The quicker the better" Haneul told him. "The way you keep pushing it makes me wonder if you really want to let her go and be with me."

"Are you doubting that I like you?" he asked her with a frown. "Yes" she told him frankly, pulling away from him. "I know we're attracted to each other but are you just wasting my time Oh Sehun?" she asked him directly. "Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just in it for the fun" he told her with a poker face. "I see" she said curtly. She got up and jumped off the hood. "It's late and you have another concert tomorrow. Let's go back" she told him. He got off with a slight push. He pulled her closer towards him. when she put her hands on his chest to stop him, he put his arms under her shirt, caressing her back because he knew it was a weak spot. Her fingers curled against his shirt as he kissed her deeply.

"You know that I love you and not her" he told her when they pulled away. "Then don't make me wait" she said simply. "Give me a week. I'll break up with Subin" he promised her. "Just a week Sehun" she told him. "I'll hold you to it."

 

-x-

 

The club had a dimly lit ambience. The VIP room was separate and bouncers did not easily let people in. Tonight the room had been reserved for EXO, their staff and special guests. It was well past one in the night and the party had slowed down. A couple of them had already left and the songs had slowed down. Dinner was over and the bills had been signed off to be billed by the company later.

"Waiting for someone handsome?" Haneul asked teasingly. "Only you" Sehun replied, taking a gulp of his soda. "You are drunk" she said with a frown. "I should be. I'm getting over a breakup you see" he told her, gazing at her plump red lips. "Are you now?" Haneul asked. He nodded. "My entire group believes I broke up with Subin. My managers are relieved because no chance of scandals now. but they don't know that I've been sleeping with the most scandalous woman in here" he slurred, tracing her lips. "I don't think they should for a while" she said with a frown as she steadied him. She didn't like it when he got drunk.

"Subin didn't care. I always knew that" he said, nodding to himself. "Uh huh" Haneul said helping him up. "Don't care. Don't need her. Take me to Haneul" he told her. She raised an eyebrow. "I'll give you directions" he assured her. "I know my way there" she replied, rolling her eyes. If she hadn't been here, the idiot would have spilled the beans to any random stranger. Or maybe he had recognized her and that had triggered the drunken madness. Eitherways she would be his downfall if news ever got out. For now she decided to take him home. The others would just assume he had left but she texted Joonmyun from his phone anyways.

 

-x-

 

Sehun blinked. His head was aching and he knew it was because he had definitely had too much to drink. He settled into the bed, deciding not to move even if he had a schedule today. The bed was softer though. And the sheets were different. The curtains were familiar. He had seen Haneul leaning against them.

Haneul

. He remembered being drunk and texting her. Had she come to get him? Had the other members seen them together? . What had happened last night? He fumbled about for his phone which lay along with his shoes and belt on the chair. His shirt lay on the bedside table. Guess he must have left it on the floor last night and she would have picked it up in the morning. He groaned as he struggled to unlock the screen and read through his messages. Random drunk texts to some people including Haneul but thankfully not Subin. And none of it made any sense. He just had a new message from Joonmyun telling him to come home by three that evening before the recording.

"You are unnaturally stubborn about singing Girls Day songs in the car" Haneul said when he walked out into the kitchen. "What happened last night?" he asked her. "You got drunk and started rambling. I took you home" she told him. He nodded, knitting his eyebrows together in a deep frown. "Hungover?" she asked him. "Very" he replied. She handed him an Advil and some water.

"You should go back to your dorms soon" she told him. "I know" he agreed. He sighed, slipping into a chair as Haneul went about her daily chores. "Did I do anything funny last night?" Sehun asked her.  "Other than girl's day and deciding that shirts were too evil for hot nights? Nah" she replied with a shrug. "Eat some toast or else you'll have stomach ache later" she added. "I can't eat anything at the moment" he groaned, his stomach being uneasy. "Later then. Do you want me to drive you back?" she asked him. "I'll call Jongdae. He lives nearby."

A phone ringing interrupted them. "That's yours" she told Sehun who grumbled before getting off the chair and going back to the bedroom. He had three missed calls. One from Jongin and two from Joonmyun. His phone started to ring again and he picked up hesitantly. "Where are you now?" Joonmyun asked Sehun the moment he picked up. "I'm at a friend's house" he told the older man. "Let me guess. Kim Haneul's?" Joonmyun asked, his voice growing worried. "How do you know that?" he asked, sitting up straighter.

"It's all over the net. Some fan followed you both last night. Dispatch just released articles online in support of the claim. the management is angry. We need to talk" Joonmyun told him in one breathe. "I'm coming over" he said. "You better. And you better have a very good explanation as to how you got involved with someone like her" Joonmyun said angrily. "Hyung" Sehun said firmly. Haneul had a record but she wasn't a bad person. They didn't know her like he did. "We'll talk once you get here. Jongdae has agreed to pick you up" Joonmyun said before ending the call.

"Jongdae hyung is coming to pick me up" he told Haneul as he started buttoning up his shirt. "Is everything okay?" she asked worriedly. "No. But I'll handle it. Just.. don't speak to anyone else about anything at the moment. Deny any sort of comments" he told her. She nodded. He sighed mentally. He should have known that the break up with Subin had been too easy. How else would the fangirls even suspect him and Haneul being together?

 

-x-

 

"What were you thinking?" the manager asked the moment Sehun stepped inside the dorm. "Hyung, let's talk inside" Joonmyun said, pulling Sehun and Jongdae in. "You better say that you aren't dating her" Joonmyun told him. "The management is furious. Out of all people to get in a scandal with you had to go and choose a homewrecker" the manager said angrily.

"She isn't a homewrecker and I've been dating her for the past four months" Sehun said, standing his ground. "Is that the reason you broke up with Subin?" Kyungsoo asked. "Yes. But that's not the main one. Subin and I were heading for a breakup long before I met Haneul" he explained. "But Haneul hurried the process along" Kyungsoo said sharply. Sehun chose to stay quiet at that. 

"And now Subin leaked the news to the media in revenge" Jongdae concluded. "You have a fine choice in women" Kyungsoo remarked. "There's no point in fighting amongst ourselves. We need to do damage control. Tell Haneul not to talk to the media. I'll get in touch with the company and see what they want us to do. Naturally, you can't meet her for a while" the manager told Sehun. Sehun nodded reluctantly. This was a fine mess.

 

-x-

 

"Hey" Sehun said, casually leaning against the door. He had his cap pulled down to hide his face but his body would give him away any day. "What are you doing here?" Haneul asked, wide eyed. She pulled him inside quickly before anyone could see him. "Are you crazy? You shouldn't be sneaking around at times like these!" she scolded him, locking the door behind her. "I know. But it's been two weeks and I had to see you" he told her. She softened and let him come inside.

"How are you holding up?" he asked her. "Considerably better since last time" she said bitterly. "I know our fans are crazy but screw them. They'll get over it" Sehun assured her. "I know. I'm sorry. The situation just stresses me out" she replied, burying her head in her hands. "I'm sorry" he said hugging her. "It's not your fault. If anything its mine. They are right. We should never have started going out in the first place" she said, pulling away from him. "Don't be dumb. What happened with Wonbin and his marriage falling apart was never your fault. You were blamed simply because you happened to be close to him and Chaerin made a big deal of it. You're not a homewrecker" he argued.

"I wasn't completely innocent in the entire ordeal. And you know this" she reminded him. "You tried to stop him. Wonbin couldn't control his feelings for you. . Why are we even fighting about something that's already in the past?" he asked her angrily. "I don't know! The entire point is that I am bad for you. I caused you to breakup with your girlfriend and now your career is in danger because of the scandal" she shot back. "Well you should have thought of it before. And its not like I was mindlessly seduced. I willingly slept with you that night!" he protested. She wanted to say something but opted not to, furiously tugging on her hair tie instead.

"I didn't regret any time spent with you and I dont plan on starting now" he told her. "Maybe you should" she said with a sigh. "Scandals come and go. Life goes on. You should know this better than me. Atleast your books will sell more thanks to this" he joked lamely. "Oh god. You at consoling people" Haneul grumbled, kicking him and then hugging him to make up for it. " you woman, that hurt" he growled. She stuck her tongue out before deciding to leave her hair open and get rid of the hair tie entirely. He ran his fingers through her hair.

"I came here with an entirely different agenda in mind" he told her. "You only want one thing from me" Haneul argued. "Damn right I do. It's been two months give or take and I have missed you" he added in a low voice. "This is not the wisest thing to do in this situation" she said lowering her voice. "we are well beyond wise things at this point" he said, lifting her and placing her on the table. She bit her lip before kissing him first. He took that as permission before kissing her lips and her neck, nipping at her earlobe as well. She gasped when he bit her gently at the base of her neck. "bedroom" she said fighting back a moan as she pulled him towards the room.

 

-x-