Song Shuffle (Angst)

Full Circle

 

 Cause I haven't written angst or song shuffle drabbles for a while.


 

 

 

 

 

Back To December - Taylor Swift

"Did I make you wait too long?" Miyoung asked as she sat down. "Not very" Minseok said. Miyoung nodded. "How have you been?" she asked him. "The usual. I got a new job though. I coach middle school soccer now" he told her. "That's wonderful. Is your team playing the summer league?" Miyoung asked. "Yeah. The funding is better at the new place" he told her. 

"That's good. The kids are lucky" Miyoung agreed. She picked up the menu card and thumbed through it, trying to decide what to order. The silence was welcome. Miyoung had been so afraid that meeting her ex would be awkward. But thankfully it hadn't so far.

"I'm getting married" he spoke up. Miyoung looked up at him. "That's surprising. I didn't know you had a girlfriend" Miyoung said awkwardly. "We've only dated a year. It happened pretty fast" he told her. "It's wonderful news" Miyoung said forcing a smile. 

"She's really nice. You'd like her. You should come to the wedding" he told her. "I'm glad you found the one" Miyoung said sincerely. "Yeah. Me too" he agreed, taking a sip of his coffee. The silence was filled with emotions now. Miyoung could only remember how around two years ago she had turned down his proposal and he had been devastated by it. But he was happy now. Atleast he looked that way.

"I'm really happy for you" she said, not looking up from the menu. She hadn't been prepared for the memories of that December. Or the regret that had followed the months after. She had simply been too late. She hadn't valued his affection and had lost it. He had never been at fault and his heartbreak had left her feeling guilty. Perhaps now she could.move on too.

She was happy for him.

 

 

Broken - Lifehouse

"Where am I?" Sooyeon asked, sitting up in the bed. Everything hurt and there were oins and needles in her arms but she couldn't afford to sit down. There had been an accident. A bad accident. She had to make sure her family was okay. Baekhyun had been in the car with her and they had been talking to her sister while he drove. The lights had come from nowhere.

"Mrs Byun how do you feel?" a formal sounding voice asked her. This must be a doctor. Were they in the hospital? That was good! But where was Baekhyun? "Where's Baekhyun? He's my husband" she told him. "We know. We need to make sure you are okay before we take you to him" the doctor told her.

"I'm okay. My body is sore but I don't think I broke anything. I really need to see my husband please. Is he okay?" she asked, panicking now. Something didn't feel right and her anxiety wasn't helping. Her watch was on the bedside table. 9.45  pm. It had been dark out that night.

"Where is Baekhyun?" she asked. "I'm really sorry to tell you this Mrs Byun. But your husband died on spot from the impact of the truck that hit your car" he said, watching her for her reaction. "You're lying" she said firmly. This wasn't possible. She wasn't feeling any pain. She wasn't feeling anything. 

"When you're ready we'll take you to see him" the doctor said, giving her a moment. "You're lying" she whispered to herself. The denial was starting to crack through the numbness. Baekhyun wasn't dead. Baekhyun wasn't dead. He couldn't be. This was a bad joke. He always had horrible timing.

"You're lying" she told the doctor, her eyes welling up. "I wish I had that luxury" he said sadly. "You're lying" she whispered to herself as she lay down and turned away from the doctor. This was all a bad dream. She would wake up and she'd be in the car next to him. Probably having fallen asleep on the way home. 

She would be next to him.

 

 

 

When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne

"It's a beautiful day you know" Qiuyue said, setting the flowers down on Yifan's grave. "Your kind of day. I can almost remember you taking your camera out and insisting on making home movies" she told him, as she sat down in front of his grave.

"I'm getting old aren't I?" she laughed to herself. Years had taken a toll on her body. She was almost fifty now, wasn't she? Not a kind age on women, she had learnt. "You'd be horrified by the wrinkles I have on my face now" she added, expecting a hollow laugh which never came.

"Miya is expecting a child. I'm about to become a grandmother" she told him. "She told me the news two days ago. All I could think of was how you should have been there to hug her and cry with me" she said, a stray tear escaping her cheeks. "I think it'll be a girl even if it's too early to tell. Miya doesn't agree" she laughed.

"I went hunting for her baby clothes yesterday. Remember those boxes in our attic? Maybe you were right about me hoarding things unconsciously" she continued. "I found old pictures. I couldn't do much for the rest of the day. Just kept looking through them and remembering the good times we shared."

"I miss you. Terribly on days like this. I wish you were still with us now" Qiuyue cried. She wiped her tears at first but slowly gave up and let them flow. Perhaps this had been a horrible idea, coming here today in this state of mind. Hadn't she promised him that she wouldn't cry? Well he had promised to stay with her forever so they were clearly promise breakers.