Stay With Me

Full Circle

 

Because this song needs a oneshot. The fluff queen in me couldn't resist

song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p9EYUmqVzY


 

 

"What the hell Byunbaek!" Sooyeon yelled, clutching onto her locker door for her life. "Boo!" Baekhyun added lamely with a grin that made her roll her eyes. "Hi Satan. Thanks for scaring me" Sooyeon said sarcastically. She added a punch to his shoulder for a good measure. "Ouch!" Baekhyun whined, rubbing his arm with a pout.

"So... who are you taking to dance with? Who is the unlucky guy?" Baekhyun asked, leaning against the locker next to hers. "No one. I am not going to the dance" Sooyeon told him. "What? Why??" Baekhyun exclaimed in surprise. "Because I don't really feel like going and also because I have an exam two days after so it would be better if I stayed in and studied" she exclaimed. "But it's a dance! We finally got permission for one. Our school doesn't even let us have dances and you can't miss the only one that might ever happen!" he insisted. "Parties are lame Baekhyun. And its not like we didn't have MTs before" she reminded him.

"But this is different" Baekhyun went on. "You have to attend. you just have to. I don't know anything anymore." "Don't be dumb Baek" Sooyeon said. "Besides its in two days and I don't even have a date or a dress." "Two days is plenty of time to get a dress. Go shopping. God knows you like doing it a lot. Take Subin" he advised. "Okay. Say I do get a dress. What about a date?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "I know a guy. Really cute. Intelligent. Definitely more intelligent than you for sure. And also really good looking. Sings really well. Temple run god - " he was stopped by Sooyeon who gave him a judgemental look.

"You're talking about yourself aren't you?" she asked knowingly. "Not to brag but yeah" he said striking a pose. Sooyeon buried her face in her hands. "Don't be dumb Byunbaek" she said rolling her eyes for the nth time. "Aren't you taking Subin to the dance?" she asked him. "I wanted to but someone else asked her first" he told her with a sad puppy face. "And now you don't have a date and you don't want to go alone?" she guessed. "Yeah" he admitted sheepishly.

Sooyeon gave him a more judgemental look before sighing. "Fine. I'll go. Just for you. I'm not going to dress up or anything though" she said, relenting. "I knew I could count on you" Baekhyun said happily, hugging her. "Yeah yeah whatever you hyper puppy. Get off me now" she said pushing him away. To be honest with you, she didn't hate people hugging her but she didn't like the feeling of goosebumps that his hugs gave. It was always so... heartbeat quickening for the lack of a better explanation. "I'll pick you up at 7!" he said, flashing a quick smile before walking off first. Sooyeon hit her head on her locker. The things she did for that idiot.

 

 

 

"I knew it!" Subin said smugly. "Knew what?" Sooyeon asked. "That Baekhyun would eventually get you to come to the dance. what is it called anyways? everyone just keeps referring to it as 'The Dance'" she said with a pout. Sooyeon just shrugged to indicate that she didn't know. "Well anyhow you should wear something pink. Baekhyun likes girls in pink" Subin told her seriously. "I don't look good in pink and I don't have to dress to impress Byunbaek" Sooyeon said sticking her tongue out. She entered a store which she knew sold dresses her size. This was the only store she was going to go through because she didn't have more than an hour to spend on dresses. Also no accessories. She was going to choose a simple dress which looked nice on her and shoes at max. Subin would nag her but she wasn't going to cave in this time. Maybe in blue.

"The least you could do is look pretty for the boy. He was so excited about taking you as his date" Subin said with a pout. "We're just going as friends and not as a couple or something. Tone your excitement down. He was planning to ask you. You should be feeling guilty turning that puppy down" Sooyeon ranted. "Me?" Subin asked, stumped. "Yeah. He wanted to ask you. Or so I think atleast" Sooyeon said doubtfully. Baekhyun had always liked Subin and called her pretty and what not. It was blatantly obvious that he had a crush on her.

"You do know that Baekhyun got over his crush on me in first year itself right?" Subin asked Sooyeon. "What?" Sooyeon asked, surprised. "Yeah. About the time I started dating Youngjae. Who also happens to be my date. Baekhyun never asked me. And I don't think he ever wanted to" Subin told her. "Oh..." Sooyeon said simply not knowing what to make of it. "Yeah. Also the said puppy in question asked me three hours before you did to help you shop because he didn't want you to take a lot of trouble. He's more thoughtful than you give him credit for" Subin added for her benefit. Sooyeon remained silent, going over a rack of clothes instead.

"How can I help you ma'am?" a sales representative asked, coming up to the pair. "We're looking for dresses in size 10 or 12. Preferably in light peach or pink" Sooyeon told the sales rep. Subin beamed as she followed Sooyeon who was blushing faintly. No harm in looking a little nice right. And since Byunbaek was trying so hard, she could try a little for him.

 

 

 

"A little too much?" Sooyeon asked awkwardly. Her face was red from embarrassment because for the first entire minute that Baekhyun had seen her for, had been spent in staring at her dumbly. It was the hair. Definitely the hair. Her mother had insisted that she do something with it and now it was half pinned up and half pinned down and there was a braid somewhere. Sooyeon could swear she had thought it looked nice but judging from his reaction it definitely was not the case. What made it worse was that Baekhyun himself looked really nice. He was wearing a black suit and a white skinny tie and his hair could rival an idol's.

"I'll just go comb my hair into a ponytail" she said in a small voice before turning around. "Don't!" Baekhyun panicked and held onto her hand. "You look nice. Uh... really nice" he told her. He wasn't lying because he hadn't expected her to look this nice because she had sworn she wouldn't dress up. Sooyeon smiled but took her hand out of his. "You don't have to lie. I'll be back in two minutes" she promised. She ran back up the stairs and he patted his cheeks to fight the heat rising up. She looked pretty. Her dress was really pretty. She had said it was simple! Maybe it was simple but it made her look good and he could really see that. He was never trusting a girl when they said they wouldn't dress up again.

"Where did Sooyeonnie go to?" Mrs Jung asked. "She went to do something to her hair I guess" Baekhyun said. "She's still not satisfied with it? She spent around two hours on it for you" her mother told him. "Oh" Baekhyun said for the lack of a better response. "Young love. I can see that you spent time on it too. You look nice today kiddo" her mother told him. "Have fun at the dance both of you" she gushed. "But not too much fun" her father warned appearing out of nowhere. Baekhyun jumped because her father was scary. He was strict (Sooyeon got her discipline from him) and he definitel did not approve of boys around Sooyeon. More so now that she had turned seventeen. Baekhyun would constantly get looks and he was not ashamed to admit that it terrified him.

"I'll bring her back on time Sir" Baekhyun said as formally as he could. "You better" her father said looking him in the eye. Yup, Mr. Jung scared him alright. The only reason there was no war when he had served in the military must be because the enemies were scared of his stare. He wouldn't be surprised if secretly Mr. Jung was some urban legend among military men.

"I'm ready I think" Sooyeon said coming back down the staircase. Her hair had been let down and was only held by a simple stone studded clip. the curls still remained because of the hairspray but she had run her fingers through them to make it loose. Baekhyun was still in awe of how pretty she looked and couldn't help but smile. The same smile made her feel self conscious but also really happ inside. There must have been a thousand butterflies inside or something.

"Ready to go?" he asked her. "Yeah. I have everything I need" she said holding up a small clutch purse. "Be careful now" her father said. "Wait! I need to take a picture!" her mother announced. "Quickly mom. I don't want to be late" she told her. "No one arrives on time for such things. Besides the first one hour is just spent talking and taking selfies in your generation. You're not even missing a thing" her mother dismissed. Sooyeon groaned but Baekhyun smiled sportingly, willing to humor her mother for a while.

 

 

 

"Ma was right" Sooyeon said with a frown. The event had been spent more in taking selfies and talking than actually dancing. "The DJ " Baekhyun said with a pout. The songswere good and popular but the order was really random. slow songs had been mixed in with dance songs and trot songs occured in the middle too. As a result almost no one was dancing anymore, opting to eat instead. The two of them were getting bored since they had already eaten and were full and sort of tired after posing for selfies.

"Maybe I should take over DJ-ing. I'll do a better job of course" Baekhyun boasted. "Uh huh" Sooyeon said sarcastically. "In fact, I don't even need equipment. I can just sing and everyone will love me because I am awesome" he said confidently. "You can't be serious. I think my biggest mistake in life was letting on that I thought your voice was nice" she groaned. "You can't hide the truth. Besides, just look at how awesome I am. Even my pelvis is special. That's my favourite body part you know" he told her. "Eww. what the. Just stop. Go trouble someone else. I am going home" she said standing up. "But my pelvis does rock!" Baekhun exclaimed drawing looks from everyone around. "I mean, I am good looking like duh. But don't go just yet. It's a whole two hours before your curfew anyways" he told her.

"But I'm getting bored here" Sooyeon said with a pout. "Yeah me too" he agreed. "Let's take a couple of photos with everyone and then leave" she suggested. "And one dance!" he added. She groaned but he stayed firm so she reluctantly agreed. He dragged her to the dance floor and one dance turned to five because she started having fun. He made silly faces to entertain her and she kept laughing. At one point Gee started to play and everyone got onto the floor. Baekhyun led the crowd because it was his jam and he was the school SNSD fanboy. Sooyeon didn't dance but she kept giggling looking at him.

"Okay, this is getting crazy, let's get out of here" he told her. She nodded, grabbing his jacket from the chair he had left it on and taking it along. His face was red from all the dancing and his spirits were high, so they kept singing the chorus of Gee over and over again offkey and offbeat. "I think there's another ten minutes before the bus comes" Sooyeon told him. "Wanna ditch it and walk to your place? We have tons of time still and we can stop at the ice cream place by the second street crossing" he told her. "Okay. Thankfully I didn't wear heels" she said with  a sigh of relief. "You did feel a little shorter today" he noted, only to get hit by her. "And more abusive" he added just for kicks. Sooyeon playfully punched him on his shoulder many times before giving up and pushing him along the road home.

"I had fun and I know you had fun. Aren't you glad you came?" he asked her cheekily. "Yes Byunbaek great overlord of all things fun. I am forever indebted to you for the night" Sooyeon said dramatically. "That's right peasants. Overlord of fun. bow down to me" he gloated. She tried to kick him instead but he saw her and managed to dodge her in time. He picked her up by her waist causing her to shriek and thretened to just drop her. After a minute or two of fooling around and getting dirty looks from the elderly couple nearby, Baekhun set her down and the two of them hastily walked home, trying not to giggle and laugh and hence offend.

They burst into laughter as soon as they were out of range. Baekhyun noticed that her clip had come loose when she brushed her hair back. "Your clip" he pointed out to her. She felt around for it and realized it had come loose and just might fall off soon. She tried to take it out but it got stuck in her hair. He stepped in after watching her wrestle with it for a while. He pulled it out easily and put it back in place. She reached for the clip as well and their fingers brushed, making her blush. Oblivious to the situation, he smiled and bopped her on her nose teasingly, spoiling the moment before it could build up. Sooyeon just smiled weakly and let it go. Baekhyun grinned and led the way.

"Baekhyun?" Sooyeon called for him. "Yeah?" he asked, turning to look at her as he swung his suit jacket over his shoulder. "I did have fun tonight, so thank you for making me come" she told him honestly. "I had fun too and I am glad you came" he told her with the puppy smile that she really liked. "Of course I am also glad I didn't have to get down on my knees and beg you to come because that would have been embarrassing" he put in. "Don't ruin the moment, you dummy" Sooyeon said crossly before walking ahead of him. She didn't stop till she was at the crossing. The only thing that made her stop was the red light on the pedestrian crossing which she glared at as she rubbed her arms to get some warmth.

She pouted when she felt the soft lining of a jacket around her arms. It was warm and it had the smell of his cologne. "Don't die of the cold Sooyeonnie" he sang, while hugging her from the back as he covered her with his jacket. "You are a dumb puppy Byunbaek" she told him. "Baekhyun" he said simply. "Huh?" she asked. "I like it when you call me Baekhyun. I like Byunbaek too but I like it more when you call me Baekhyun" he explained, closing his eyes and resting his chin on her shoulder. She blushed, resolving never to call him Baekhyun because now that he had pointed it out, it did feel more special in a way. In a rather nice warm special way.

"Whatever byunbaek. So chocolate icecream? Or do you want bubble tea?" she asked him as the signal turned green and they could cross the road safely. "Let's have both!" he announced walking ahead. Sooyeon laughed. The mere mention of sweets got him high. She pulled his jacket closer to herself, grateful for the warmth. Her puppy wasn't so bad after all. Neither was the idea of calling him Baekhyun sometimes. But just sometimes and maybe only on special occasions.

Yeah.

 

 

 


A/N - this was inspired by Taeyang's Stay With Me but I swear I did not intend to write 2.5k of cheese