met you on my window ledge (1/?)

Full Circle

Because Ryukai found a couple of aus on this wonderful blog and decided to go with all the awkward ones.


 

 

Haneul sat up on her bed. She was definitely not dreaming. She heard a crash of sorts and it had come from the living room. . Was she getting robbed? But they said it was a safe neighborhood! She picked up her phone and dialed Minah. "Minah! Help! I think someone is breaking into my house" she whispered. "What?" Minah asked groggily at the other end. "There's a break in at my place!" Haneul whisper-yelled. "Call me when you get me coffee" Minah said before ending the call. Haneul just stared. What even?

She reached out for her thick bioinformatics textbook. If she had to die then she was going to make sure that she went out fighting. She carefully pushed the door open, cringing and running to hide behind her bed when it creaked. After a few minutes when nothing happened she picked up courage (and the heavy book) again and ventured out into the living room. She heard someone gasp and a thud on the metal fire exit and she rushed to switch on the light, ready to hit the living daylights out of anything.

"What the are you doing by my window?" she yelled, hitting the ends of the fingertips that were hanging onto the ledge. "What the lady! Are you trying to push me off?" a stranger yelled. "That is kind of the point here!" Haneul replied, hitting him again. "Okay! you know what? Just stop!" the stranger yelled. Haneul shrieked and jumped back when he hoisted himself over the ledge and into her room. (She should never have opted for the large window sill). 

"You are ing crazy!" the man yelled, massaging his fingers. "And you are half !" Haneul yelled covering her eyes. Her eyes were being defiled by the abs of something that wasn't Kim Jonghyun of Shinee! "Yeah okay so I didn't get time to get dressed. But that does not justify you beating the crap out of me!" he insisted. "Excuse. Me. But a half man breaks into my apartment at two in the night. What am I supposed to assume and accordingly do?" Haneul asked with a huff. The stranger stared at her, the awkward moment ending with him gulping. "Makes sense" he relented. "You think?" Haneul asked sarcastically.

"Okay. I uh... I apologize. I'll just get dressed and be on my way" he told her. He walked over to the window and pulled over the rest of his clothes which lay haphazardly over the metal staircase. Haneul nodded, walking over to the kitchen to give him some privacy. The stranger got dressed while she slapped her cheek trying to check if this was some random dream or something. "I'm leaving?" the stranger said hesitantly. "Wait! Uh... take some ice. For your hands" she said , pulling out ice cubes from the tray and dumping them onto his hand. He raised an eyebrow at her but decided not to say anything. cold and wet sure, but it was helping.

Haneul closed the door after him, wandering what she had done to deserve this. She closed the window sill firmly this time and was about to go back to bed when her doorbell rang. "You again?" she asked, noticing it was the stranger. "My roommate is out of town and I kinda forgot to take my keys. Can I spend the night at your place instead?" he asked sheepishly. Haneul's jaw dropped.

 

-x-

 

"Did you call me at two in the night?" Minah asked Haneul when they met at the laundromat in the evening. "Yeah... By mistake" Haneul lied. She considered telling Minah about the break in but she knew she was going to get a lecture about letting the man stay the night over.(she was such a pushover)  Atleast he made her breakfast before he left so it wasn't all that bad? Plus at the rate at which she was going, this might be the closest to her actually having a man over so yeah... Her life was lame.

"So... I guess we have like forty minutes before the washing gets done" Minah said, pushing coins into the machine. "Do you go to the supermarket? I need to buy groceries." "Didn't you buy them last week?" Haneul asked. "I did. I did not anticipate that Donghae would stay over and freeload the entire week" she grumbled. "Maybe you should stay over at his place in return. Should be easier than having to hook up and then leave the morning after" Haneul teased. "Shut up!" Minah's face turning bright red. "No denial of the claim" Haneul said with a smirk. "He's my boyfriend. There's no point denying it anymore" she grumbled.

The nearest supermarket was five minutes away from the laundromat. Minah had a huge list and Haneul decided that it would be best if they split up. Minah took the upper half and Haneul took the bottom half, a picture of it residing in her phone. She zoomed in and scrolled through the list. Most of the items were food or food related and luckily she had been near the required section. Now she only had four things left. Coffee, set of ball point pens, set of notebooks and pads. She knew the stationery section was near the billing counter so she could get those last. Coffee was best left to Minah because she preferred a particular brand but Haneul had forgotten which ones. That left... pads. sanitary napkins. Okay. But where to get them?

This was not the supermarket Haneul shopped at. There was a small convenience store near her apartment but that was the other way from the laundromat. Instead of wasting time she decided just to ask the nearest employee she could find for suggestions. There was a man wearing a red apron and stacking up chocolate. "Excuse me?" she asked, trying to interrupt him but politely. "Yes? You!" the man asked getting up. "What are you doing here??" Haneul asked in surprise. She recognized the man from last night. "I mean uh... how may I help you ma'am?" he asked faking a sweet voice. "I was... uh... looking for a specific section" she said evasively. "Riiiiiight" the man said judging her for the vague answer. "Okay fine. I'm looking for the place where you stock sanitary napkins and tampons" she said getting the awkward done with. "Geez. you didn't have to be specific" the stranger said, blushing noticeably. "it's two aisles down on your left along with other toiletries" he told her awkwardly. Haneul nodded, dying to get away from the awkward situation. 

"Since you're on your periods or expecting them, would you like chocolate to go along with it as well?" he asked holding up a large bar of Toblerone.

 

-x-