Drabble X

Full Circle

Krisyue fluff because it's been too long and because I can B|

 

 

There is something to be said when a man is found waiting outside the door of a woman he secretly admires. There is definitely something to be said when the said man has been in love with the woman his entire life but still can't bring himself to ring the doorbell. Kris agrees. Something must be said. Maybe he should google it before ringing the doorbell. Yeah that sounds like a really good idea right now.

"You were breathing on the intercom"

Kris' phone slips out of his hand and falls to the floor with a loud thud. The tall lanky man almost jumps himself in shock before an exclamation of un-parliamentary language escapes and Qiuyue promptly whacks him for it. "I have a daughter you know!" she chastises him, with her own eyes half lidded and clearly drowsy with sleep. "Sorry" Kris apologises. In the background he can hear an eight month old crying and Qiuyue starts to cry too. 

Kris has no clue how to handle two girls crying. He has never had a clue in that department to be honest, despite two sisters himself. So he just sits on the couch as silently as possible while Qiuyue goes to the nursery to attend to her daughter. His phone looks beyond repair but he isn't risking talking. The crying doesn't stop when Qiuyue emerges carrying the baby in her arms. Mia is only eight months old but really loud and does not like to be disturbed when asleep. Kris didn't either. He finds it funny that he has more in common wih the baby than her biological father.

"May I?" he volunteers hesitantly. Jongdae's advice comes to mind. When trying to score with a single mom, make sure the kid likes you. He isn't trying to "score" with Qiuyue. (Although he'd like that very much thank you). but he thinks its the least he can do since he ended up un-announced at her doorstep at ten in the night. To be honest he didn't know where to go. After his latest scandal with an actress, which he had no clue about he swears, reporters have trailed him like creepy ninjas. The only safe place he could think of was Qiuyue's. 

"I guess you could try" she agrees, carefully handing Mia over. The little girl stops crying in curiosity. She blinks at him with wide eyes. This isn't mom. No it isn't mom at all! And the crying begins again. Kris struggles awkwardly, trying to hug and pet the baby at the same time. It works somewhat because her crying reduces. Qiuyue returns with a bottle of warm milk and takes Mia from him. She stops completely this time around. It turns out that she was just hungry all this time.

"Such a troublesome baby you are" Qiuyue complains. Kris smiles because the endearing tone of her voice gives away that she doesn't think that way at all. Qiuyue keeps the bottle steady so Mia can drink from it and turns her attention to Kris. "Reporters at your place again?" she asks him knowingly. "I swear I have never met Aiqing before. We were casted into the movie independently!" Kris exclaims defensively. Qiuyue laughs. "Stay as long as you like. Your clothes are in the wardrobe of the nursery" she tells him, concentrating on Mia again. She makes the baby burp once and decides to put her to sleep. "I could do it. I'm going there anyways" he offers again. "Nah she'll cry" Qiuyue reminds him. Kris sighs. She grins, her earlier bad mood having disappeared completely.

She returns after ten minutes with a change of clothes for him. "Take my room. I'll sleep in the nursery" she tells him. "Are you sure? You seem tired. I don't want to kick you out or something" he says, running his hand through his hair. "The couch in the nursery pulls out to form a bed. I'll be fine" she assures him. "I can take that then. You can sleep with Mia in your room" he tells her. "shush you. too much talking and too much thinking. Just go" she says, pushing him into her room and closing the door behind her. Kris smiles and changes into his old sweatshirt and sweatpants. he sneaks out to say good night only to find her blissfully asleep on the couch. She did seem really tired till now.

Kris quietly lifts her and carries her to her room. he tucks her in and she smiles in her sleep. There are many romantic lines which come to his mind and he understands why song writers write about heavenly smiles. He pushes her hair back and covers her with a comforter. He leaves the room quietly but he accidentally trips on the carpet and exclaims loudly. Mia starts crying and Qiuyue sits up in alarm. Kris sighs.

He just can't do it right tonight. 

-x-