Piano Boy I/II

Full Circle

 

“I knew it!” a loud voice behind Qiuyue said victoriously, causing the girl to cling onto a bookshelf for her dear life. “God lord Lin! This is a library!” she chastised. “And you are a stalker” Lin said triumphantly not bothering to lower the volume of her voice. “Can you please not be so loud?” Qiuyue said desperately. “Nope” Lin replied popping the ‘p’ sound.

Qiuyue rolled her eyes and glanced in the direction she was looking in a few minutes ago. Thankfully the guy sitting there hadn’t noticed. “Whom are we stalking?” Lin asked, coming closer to look. “No one. ‘We’ are not stalking anyone” Qiuyue said firmly. “Okay. Whom are ‘you’ stalking?” Lin asked, correcting herself but not really. “Not. Stalking. But tell me doesn’t that guy look familiar?” Qiuyue asked. “Familiar and cute” Lin said with a sly grin.

“You are incorrigible” Qiuyue snapped, turning away. “Okay, I’ll bite. I couldn’t see the guy so I don’t know but who do you think he is?” Lin asked. She glanced his way again but she couldn’t see his face. “I thought he was the same guy who performed last week with Baekhyun oppa’s band. Don’t you think so?” Qiuyue asked thoughtfully. “The one you found very cute?” Lin asked. Qiuyue glared. “I’m just saying!” Lin said defensively.

Qiuyue shook her head. She looked at her watch and realized she had only five minutes to their next class. “I should go back” Qiuyue told Lin. “Want me to stalk him for you?” Lin offered. “Shut up Lin” Qiuyue said slapping her forehead. “Haww. Trying to offer help and then getting told off. Hmpf” Lin said, sniffling for extra effect. “Come on drama queen. Your brother will kill you if he comes to know that you skipped class again” Qiuyue reminded her. “My brother has no power on me! My brother has no power on anyone. Meilin only listens to him out of kindness” Lin told her. “I pity him sometimes I really do” Qiuyue said, pulling Lin out of the library. Lin’s protests were silenced by the librarian’s glare. Qiuyue checked her book out before leaving, still curious about the boy in the library.

-x-

 

 

“Byun Baekhyun” Lin started. The entire table groaned. No one wanted to see yet another verbal spat between the two supposed ‘mortal enemies’. Kris looked up from his resting place to Lin and then to Baekhyun and put his head down again, not ready to do it so early in the day. “Wu Lin” Baekhyun said, imitating her tone.

“Did you perform at the park again last weekend?” Lin asked curiously. “I am tempted to say yes but I am scared of where this question will lead to” Baekhyun said. “Only to good things. I’m taking the answer as a yes. Who was the guy on the piano in Henry ge’s place?” Lin asked. “Oh that cute guy? Why? Are you interested in him?” Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow. “God save that poor soul then” Chanyeol piped up high fiving Baekhyun. Lin gave them a look before shaking her head. “It’s not for me. It’s for Qiuyue” she told them matter of factly. “Right... Qiuyue. Don’t lie” Baekhyun told her. “I’ll prove it. It’s time for her lunch break anyways. Let her come” Lin said determinedly.

“Wait. You’re saying Qiuyue is interested in Yixing?” Kris asked, looking up again with mild interest. “Yixing? That’s his name?” Lin asked. “You don’t give away all your cards at once Duizzhang!” Baekhyun groaned. “Cards? What cards? Are you guys gambling again?” Luhan asked, sitting down. Qiuyue sat down next to him. The two of them had just come from the History class that they shared. “Gambling? Really?” Qiuyue asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No. Pfft. I only play Cluedo” Lin clarified. “What happened to Monopoly being her forever favourite?” Kris whisper-asked Chanyeol who just shrugged in reply. “We were actually talking about the cute piano guy that Qiuyue likes” she said matter of factly. She earned an indignant squeak from Qiuyue and a very surprised exclamation from Luhan. “See, I told you she liked him!” Lin said smugly to Baekhyun. “Wait, really?” Luhan intervened to clarify his doubt. “No I don’t!” Qiuyue protested which everyone ignored.

“So, does Yixing go to our school?” Lin asked. “Yeah. He’s in Kris’ homeroom” Baekhyun said, still a little surprised. Lin smacked her brother. “How come you don’t tell me such important things!” she asked indignantly. “Cause I didn’t know!” Kris said ruefully, massaging his shoulder. Lin rolled her eyes. “Okay... don’t you worry Qiuyue. My brother is incompetent but he will act as your wingman” Lin assured Qiuyue who had an eyebrow raised now. “Incompetent” Baekhyun snorted. “Wingman?” Chanyeol asked as he tried to control his laughter. Kris glared at the pair who managed to limit themselves to simply grinning.

“He doesn’t have to act as a wingman” Qiuyue started. “Oh. Direct confession then? Never thought you were that gutsy. But you know what? Go ahead. Just outright tell him” Lin said, nodding to herself. “Shut up Lin” Qiuyue said with a glare. Lin stuck her tongue out at Qiuyue. “I don’t like him. I happened to see someone who looked like him in the library. Or so I think, I am not sure. So I asked Lin who happened to be present at that moment there. Clearly it was one of the many wrong choices I made” Qiuyue said with a huff.

“So you don’t want to know about Yixing at all?” Luhan asked. “Not that much” Qiuyue said truthfully. “So you don’t like his dimple smile?” Baekhyun asked. “Uh...” Qiuyue stared at the expression on Baekhyun’s face. “So you don’t find him all handsome and muscular?” Chanyeol joined in. “So you don’t want to go kiss him and make beautiful babies?” Lin asked. “Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves” Kris said hastily before Qiuyue could throw her lunch at Lin. “You’re heartless” Luhan commented, shaking his head. “Very” Baekhyun agreed. “Poor Yixing” Chanyeol said sadly. “My beautiful babies” Lin lamented. “Save me” Qiuyue mouthed to Kris who looked at her helplessly.

“You know... I actually need Qiuyue’s help with something. So if you both will excuse us” Kris said getting up. “Yeah yeah whatever. Take her away. She’ll only interfere with all my plans to set her up” Lin said offhandedly. Before Qiuyue could protest, she was dragged away by Kris. “Ow... that actually hurts” Qiuyue said ruefully taking her arm out of his grip.

“So... Yixing?” Kris asked with a grin. “Oh god, not you too!” Qiuyue said, face palming. “I can’t miss out on the fun while it lasts. But seriously though, it would be really nice if you did become friends with him. He’s pretty new to the school and doesn’t have many friends” Kris said. “Really?” Qiuyue asked surprised. “Yeah. I was thinking of inviting him to have lunch with us sometime. You’d like that wouldn’t you?” he asked winking at her. “And you ruin the little respect I gained for you by making my mood sour” Qiuyue said shaking her head.

“Oh please. You really think I didn’t notice you staring at him all the time in the park that day? I only pretended not to” Kris said. Qiuyue blushed faintly as she denied the claim. “Of course I didn’t” she protested. “Fool yourself but you don’t fool me. Besides I remember you being amazed by his piano playing” Kris told her. “It was rather nice. Especially the solo parts” Qiuyue admitted. “Well, maybe this time tomorrow you can tell him that you liked it” Kris told her. “Uh... no thanks. I am okay. I’ll write him a gift card or something” Qiuyue said. Kris laughed. “Fine. But don’t chicken out” he said, amused at her antics.

-x-

 

 

“I am going to the library” Qiuyue told Luhan promptly as the bell rang. History had ended and it was time for lunch. “Oh no you don’t” Luhan said, grabbing her hand before she could run. “I have strict instructions from Duizzhang to bring you along for lunch. Very strict” Luhan said with an innocent face. “Since when do you listen to him???” Qiuyue asked. “I listen to him all the time! I just don’t follow his instructions” Luhan said, sticking his tongue out. “So why start now?” Qiuyue asked, baffled. “Because this will be amusing. Come on, it’s just lunch” Luhan told her.

Qiuyue found herself being pulled along very unwillingly. “Don’t do that, it’s not attractive” Luhan instructed when she started wailing. She started pouting and Luhan shook his head. To be honest with you, Qiuyue definitely did not want to attend that lunch. There were butterflies in her stomach that had almost convinced her brain to run in the opposite direction. She looked forward to meeting Yixing but at the same time she was nervous too. Luhan’s steel grip of death was the only thing that was stopping her.

“I will leave your hand if and only if you promise not to run away” Luhan told her, stopping before entering the cafeteria. “I cannot make promises that I can’t keep” Qiuyue said in a monotone. “Now you are being ridiculous. When were you scared of meeting new people?” Luhan asked. “I am not scared of the new people. I am very scared of Lin and Baekhyun and what they will say in front of the new people” Qiuyue told him. “Oh hush you. It will be fine” Luhan said, ushering her into the cafeteria.

“Ni hao” Luhan said cheerfully, sitting down at the table. “Yo” Lin replied first. Slowly a chorus of greetings came, the last one by the latest addition to the table. “Hello” Yixing said politely. “You don’t have to be so uptight” Luhan said warmly causing Yixing to smile. It made his dimples look more prominent, Qiuyue noticed. “That’s Luhan and the one next to him is Qiuyue” Kris said, introducing the two to him. “And this is Yixing. We’re in the same home room together and he is Chinese too” Kris told them. “It’s nice to meet you” Qiuyue spoke up after a lot of subtle nudging from Lin. “Same here. Qiuyue, I think I have seen you before” Yixing said honestly. Lin stared at the guy. He was pretty quick.

“You’re in my economics class!” he realized. “Really?” Qiuyue asked surprised. Was that true? How had she not realized? “Yeah! Mr Lee’s class. The first period on Wednesdays. You usually sit in the front” Yixing reminded her. “Oh yeah...” Qiuyue said blushing slightly. “I didn’t know you were in my class” she said shyly. “That’s okay” Yixing said with a smile. Lin and Baekhyun shared identical looks.

“Qiuyue was at the park last weekend too” Baekhyun spoke up. “Yeah. She loved your performance” Kris said, with a sly grin. Qiuyue glared at him discreetly before turning to Yixing who looked surprised. “Really?” he asked her. “Yeah” she admitted. “You played the solo really well.” “I am glad you liked it” Yixing said with a smile. Qiuyue blushed and concentrated on the food.

“Kill me now. I think these two are going to be the very fluffy cutesy couple” Luhan mouthed to Lin. She grinned at Luhan’s expression before the moment was interrupted by Chanyeol’s arrival.

-x-

 

 

A/n - An old drabble I wrote and since it's Yixing's birthday ^__^