tied together to come back full circle

Full Circle

 

 

 

Miyoung sighs as she sits down on the couch gingerly. Six months in and her belly has grown more than she expected it to. Sure, pregnant ladies were often as round as huge basketballs but that was only in movies where the female leads actually had basketballs stuffed in their shirts. In any case, the baby bump made moving around a tiring hassle that she didn’t really want. Not to mention the whole life growing inside you ordeal also took its toll on her.

“You okay?” Donghae asked, sitting down next to her. “Just tired” she assured him. She didn’t feel weak per se and that was a good thing. Maybe she was just exhausted. “Have you been taking all your medicines? Have you been eating properly?” he inquired in a serious tone. She nodded, rubbing the baby bump unconsciously.

“Sorry. I’m just worried” he said apologetically. “I am too” she confessed. “Will we be good parents? You’ll be an awesome Dad but what if I at being a Mom?” she asked, feeling insecure. “Hey, hey hey. You’ll be an amazing Mom. It’s me we have to worry about. I might drop my baby on its head” he joked. “Lee Donghae don’t you dare!” she exclaimed in worry.

“I won’t, I promise” he said, raising his hands in defeat. “But you don’t have to worry” he assured her. “I can just imagine you, holding our baby close and humming it to sleep. I bet junior would love snuggling into you because I do” he told confidently. “I don’t even know any lullabies” she laughed. “We’ll learn. Or we’ll just apologise and sing Sorry Sorry to it” he said cheekily. She hit him playfully on his shoulder and he smiled.

“So you still think it will be a son?” she asked him, looking doubtfully at her baby bump. “Yup. I am positive” he told her. “How do you know? Even I can’t tell!” she protested. “Call it a fatherly intuition. It’s going to be a boy and both of us are going to wreak havoc in the house” he planned out. “Lee Donghae!” she chastised him for a second time. “Face it Mom. Regardless of boy or girl you are going to have a very active baby on your hands” he told her.

“Well, this baby is out all of my energy. I think I’ll turn in early” Miyoung said with a yawn. “I’ll help you” Donghae said getting up first. He helped Miyoung till the bedroom and tucked her in. “Good night baby Mommy” he said, kissing her forehead. “Good night baby daddy” she replied closing her eyes and smiling.

 

 

 

 

“Good morning Mommy” a little voice exclaimed loudly, making Ari almost jump out of her bed. “Good morning baby” she said with a soft smile when she realised it was only her two year old daughter. She turned to look to her side. Kyungsoo was still asleep. He had come in late last night so she decided against waking him up.

“Is baby hungry?” she asked getting out of bed. Her daughter nodded as Ari picked her up and Ari was strongly reminded of Kyungsoo pouting and nodding. She grinned at the resemblance before announcing that they were going to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Mommy mommy, make round round pancakes!” her daughter exclaimed excitedly. “Pancakes? That is what my little monster wants?” Ari asked pinching her daughter’s nose. Her daughter nodded excitedly. “Make it like Pakhun uncle! With shapes on it!” she told Ari. Ari shook her head. Her daughter still called Baekhyun Pakhun. He was her favourite uncle too, since he kept spoiling her silly. The last time he had babysat for her, he had made her pancakes and made shapes on them with chocolate sauce. She had refused to eat it any other way after that.

“Okay. And you have to drink your milk too” she told her firmly. Her daughter groaned. Ari shook her head. When she was a kid she loved drinking milk. Kyungsoo liked milk too. How had their daughter turned out so different? “You still have to missy. Did you brush your teeth?” she asked. Her daughter shook her head. “Then go brush your teeth. Quickly quickly” Ari prompted her. Her daughter ran to her room. She decided to wash up as well before cooking.

She walked into the bathroom and was surprised to find Kyungsoo there. “Did we wake you up?” Ari asked guiltily. “Yeah but its okay” she said with a shrug. He finished shaving as Ari started brushing her teeth. She rinsed and washed her face. Kyungsoo passed her the towel and ended up hugging her from the back. “Someone is feeling extra loving today” Ari teased as he nuzzled into her neck. “I missed spending time with you” he said, kissing her lightly on her shoulder bones. “Me too” she replied wistfully.

“Well you get me for the whole day today” he said proudly, tightening his hold on her. “Let me go Mr. Do. I put the milk on the stove. It must have over flown by now!” she protested. “No” he denied, rubbing his nose into her shoulder bones causing her to start giggling. They were interrupted when Kyungsoo heard their daughter call out to Ari. He sighed wistfully and Ari laughed. “Let’s go feed our little monster” she told him with a grin, leading him to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

“We had to literally run around the whole house to feed him a small bowl of porridge. He was a very active child” Jongin’s mother laughed. Jongin had turned pink a long time ago. Eunji really didn’t need to know all of his embarrassing childhood stories!!! But his mother did not stop. He knew this meeting could never go well.

“Mom....” he groaned, silently pleading for her to stop. Eunji bit back a grin, enjoying a flustered Jongin. He was Mr. Cool all the time so it was nice to see he had this side to him too. “There was a time when he used to run around in just his underwear. I think we have a few photos...” his mother started. “Okay! We’re getting late. Let’s go Eunji!” Jongin exclaimed, jumping to his feet. Eunji couldn’t hold it anymore and she started laughing as he ushered her to stand too. “But I was just getting to the good parts!” his mother protested. “Maybe next time Mom. It’s late” Jongin said hurriedly.

Eunji exchanged a round of polite good nights with everyone present before Jongin successfully led her out of his parents’ home. “I am never coming back again I swear” he promised, highly embarrassed. “I thought that was cute” Eunji said supportively. “You’re my wife. You are supposed to” he told her with a pout. “But it was very embarrassing!” he added, groaning and burying his face in his hands.

“Well, for what it’s worth, I was an embarrassing child too” Eunji put in, for his benefit. “Well, your parents didn’t start spouting stories when I visited them” Jongin said ruefully. “I have them well trained” Eunji said triumphantly. Jongin stuck his tongue out at her, very maturely mind you, and continued walking with her hand in hand.

“So if we had a son, would he be hyper active like you?” Eunji asked curiously. “Maybe. A son? Do you want one?” he asked her back. “That wasn’t what I meant by that question” Eunji said, blushing slightly. “But you’d like one” he pointed out. “I don’t know” Eunji exclaimed getting embarrassed. They had been married for three months now and been in a relationship for three years. But they hadn’t really talked about kids.

“I’d want a daughter. She would be my princess” he told her. “So cheesy” she teased. He shrugged. “So a son or a daughter. Why don’t we make a baby and find out for ourselves?” he suggested. “Kim Jongin, don’t just casually say things like that!” Eunji protested. He pulled her in for a sudden kiss and she hit him when they pulled apart. He kissed her even more in retaliation.

“I am so not going to jail due to heavy PDA because my husband has no control” Eunji said firmly. “Right, let’s get home first” Jongin agreed. He took her hand and pulled her along into a run. Eunji protested at first but soon started laughing as the thrill seeped into her like the cold night wind. Her cheeks were flushed with warmth. She had seen man sides to Jongin when they were dating but marriage had done her one better. She was glad she was the only one who got to see him like this. He may have been twenty something but inside he was six forever.

 

 

 

 

 

“Remain forever young, I wanna be forever young...” Mia sang as she started putting up banners. She was playing random songs in the background to keep her enthusiastic. “Do you need some help?” Joonmyun asked, popping into the room. “I’m good for now” Mia assured him. “Okay” Joonmyun hesitated. He lingered around anyways.

“I’m sorry if you are getting bored” she apologised sincerely. After all, what could a twenty something do at a six year old’s birthday party. She had been roped into helping by her mother and aunt and Joonmyun had very kindly agreed to help her. It was this kind and helping nature that had first drawn her to him and set the basis of a long lasting crush that she had yet to confess.

“It’s cool. I like your cousin” Joonmyun brushed her worries off. “From what I see, he likes you too” Mia said with a smile. Joonmyun smiled and she felt her cheeks heat up. “I should probably put the last of these up” she said, holding up a banner. She rushed to the nearest wall and looked for a good point to hook the end of the banner to. A hand reached out from her back and hooked it onto a stray nail on the wall. Mia realised it was Joonmyun and blushed further. She quickly hooked the other end to the curtain rod on the opposite wall.

When she turned back around, Joonmyun was still standing too close for comfort. She took a deep breath to calm herself down, hoping he hadn’t noticed. “A dance my lady?” he asked. She recognised a Jason Mraz song playing in the background and wondered if she should curse or thank her iPod for its timing. She nodded with a small smile and he led her to the centre of the living room.

He put his hand around her waist and started a slow waltz. Mia’s heart skipped a few beats in joy. She had always wanted to do a slow waltz to this song and currently her crush was dancing with her. He had unknowingly made her feel the happiest in a long time. Her smile was betraying that emotion and she wondered if he had picked it up because he was smiling back at her too.

He twirled her around and she complied, laughing at its suddenness. He grinned at her mischievously before pulling her into more elaborate moves with ease. “I didn’t know you could dance like that” she said, surprised. “There’s a lot you don’t know yet” he hinted with a wink. She blushed in his hold. “Mia...” he started hesitantly. “Yeah?” she asked in reply. “How about we go on a date and remedy that problem?” he asked her. She blushed even more at the directness. “That would be really nice” she agreed.

They slow danced for a while before her aunt came looking for them. She smiled knowingly as they pulled apart awkwardly before announcing the cake had come and she needed their help to set it up. They got busy in setting up the cake and blowing balloons, whilst stealing glances at the other. Mia was too shy to look him in the eyes but when she did, he would hold her gaze with a smile. Eventually she relaxed, starting to look forward to their date, albeit a little nervously.