A Day with the Princess Part II

Princesses and I

"Isnt that Jessica?" Amber asked herself. She was walking back to her dorm when she noticed her familiar torturer walking just across her building. "Yeah its her." She went to wave her hand but the older girl has her head bowed down so she wasnt noticed. Amber shrugged her shoulders and was about to resume walking when she saw Jessica wiped her eyes, with their distance Amber cant really tell, and when the older girl did it again she was sure that something is wrong so without thinking more she run out to see Jessica.

The older girl's head didnt show any sign that she saw Amber, not raising it up and just went on walking with her eyes darted on the ground, continuously wiping it. Amber was worried, it was the first time she saw Jessica so sad, so vulnerable, so weak and so fragile. At that moment she just wants to hold her, envelope her in her strong and lean arms and make her feel that whatever it is troubling her,it'll soon go away. Amber had that urge to just pull Jessica's hands but she kept still and watched Jessica as she sat in one of the benches. It was Sunday, and mostly students are gone for the weekends so only few students can be seen in the dormitory grounds.

Amber saw Jessica layed her head down the table on top of her two arms. She walked over to the older girl and uninvitedly sat herself next to her.

"What a fine afternoon, isnt it?" Jessica was startled, pulling herself up and immediately wiping her tears away but Amber can see the stains on her cheeks.

"Whats wrong?" Amber worriedly asked, tilting her head to her right a bit and Jessica thought for a moment that the boyish look so cute like that and somehow it made her day a bit bearable. "Nothing." She lied and Amber knows that.

"You know, you can tell me anything, I wont judge you like the others do." Amber said, "Here take this, its supposed to be hot but it already got cold." She added, taking Jessica's trembling hand and had put in it her cup of coffee she just had bought from the cafeteria.

"Thanks but I dont drink coffee." Jessica resisted but when Amber didnt let go of her hand, showing that she has no plan on taking a no for an answer, she submitted. "Fine."

"And here, eat this. They said chocolate is good for sad people." Amber smiled, thankful that she had grabbed that bar of chocolate when she was buying her coffee.

Jessica took the chocolate bar that Amber pulled from her pocket, her other hand was still holding hers and when they both realized it they pulled away at the same time.

Amber cleared , "So who made you cry? Im going to beat his life out of him."

"Is professors included?"

"Ohh.. Ahmm.. Lets see, if Im going to wear a mask, maybe." And they both end up laughing.

"What happened?" Amber queried. The sadness in Jessica's eyes came back and Amber wished she didnt asked, but she wanted to know.

"Im failing my accounting subject."

Jessica waited but she got no response from Amber, "Arent you going to laugh at me?"

"Why would I?"

"Because Im Jessica Jung and Im failing a subject?"

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"I dont know, is it?"

"Nope. I think failing on something is natural. I mean no one is perfect. Even I failed one subject back when I was in high school. It doesnt matter if you fail whats important is how you get back at the top again." Amber wisely said.

"I can be better but.. Business isnt really for me." Jessica's voice came out weak and Amber knew failing the subject isnt what really bothers the older girl.

"And your parents expects you to graduate with flying colors and have a good job in their company and marry a guy they like and have a family and live happily ever after?" Jessica stayed silent. "Ohh so Im right huh?" Amber's voice trailed off and awkwardness engulf them.

"They didnt know you and your sister are gays?" The older girl nodded. "Thats why me and Krys chose to stay here in the dorm, were free here, we can breathe here, but Im sure one of the faculty will eventually call my father about my failing grade."

"Hey Jess, what course would you like to take if your parents would let you do what you want?" Amber asked out, a bright smile on her face that Jessica cant help but mirror it.

"Music. I love singing."

"Classical?"

"I dont think my voice is for classical."

"Can I hear it?"

"What? You want me to sing? Here? No way." Jessica said, waving her hand in front of her. "I dont sing in public."

"Then sing for me, think like its only me here right now. Then maybe I can help you with your Accounting, you know Im a math Genius right?"

"But.."

"Ohh come on Jess, dont tell me youre being shy now?" Amber teased and she knew it wont take long till Jessica gave in, knowing that the older girl never really liked being teased. "Fine."

Jessica put down the cup of coffee and cleared before she begun singing. Amber's mouth fell agape, she never knew Jessica's golden voice, she knew about Krys' and had heard her singing once when they went in karaoke bar, but Jessica... this was the first time and she could swear she would be wanting to hear more of Jessica's voice. She was enchanted with how powerful and how beautiful it was, how stunningly beautiful Jessica was while she's singing. It was magical and all Amber could mutter was a "Wow" when Jessica ended her song.

"Youre beautiful... err Imean your voice is beautiful. Yeah, your voice is beautiful." Amber mentally smack her head for how stupid her words came out of .

"Thanks, my parents doesnt really appreciate the only talent I have." Jessica's face became sad again and Amber didnt like it a bit, she'd prefer to see Jessica as a strong girl than weak.

"I like your voice, and if you'll promise to sing for me everyday, I'll help you with your failing subject. So how that sounds?"

"Stupid." Amber smiled seeing that her Jessica already came back.

"Thats a deal then."

 

 

 

 

 

 



Okay this is so random.. and a lame one.. *facepalm*

This fic doesnt make sense at all..

Ohh well..