Driving Stupid Crazy

Princesses and I

Few hours ago…

 

“Finally, youre here.”  Amber’s roommate exclaimed in absolute gladness as she pulled her inside their room.

“Why? Whats wrong?” The boyish genius girl asked in worry. She had never seen her roommate so delighted to see her, not when its something to do with school projects at least. “Ohh please don’t ask me to do your projects as well, my hands are already full. I have Geography, Physics and damn I still have my Lit..” Amber trailed off as she was pushed down to her bed and her roommate hovered on top of her; straddling her abdomen.

“Yah… what the heck on earth are you doing?”  Amber tried prying the girl off her as soon as her roommate’s hands gripped tightly on her tshirt’s neck line.

“What the hell did you do to Krystal and Jessica?”

“What?”

“Please don’t make me ask again.” Her roommate sighed and as subtly as she can, pulled Amber towards her; their faces so dangerously close to each other.

“Are you on drugs?”

“No, are you? But serious talk here, what did you do them? They’ve been driving me mad the whole day. Jessica had been on and on about you the whole class and Im forced to listen to her because she forced me to sit next to her for full two hours which had never happened even once in our entire school year together. And Baby Jung had been on the hunt for me right after I dumped her back at the school canteen during lunch cause just like her sister, she sounded like a broken record, retelling me things I already know about you. My god, that didn’t happen before. JungSis had never paid any attention to me, just now. So Im asking you Amber Josephine Liu, what did you do to them?”

“Woah..”

“Is that all youre gonna say?” Amber’s roommate asked in annoyance. There she was pouring her heart out about how hellish her day is yet the boyish girl only found it astounding. “Your girls literally made my day a hell, in case you still don’t know.”

“Well, imagine what had been mine for months..”

“Now I wonder how did you survived that.”

Amber’s roommate scooted off her and sat on her swivel chair. “But seriously though, whats up with them?”

“I let them go, for real.”

Amber’s roommate had been busy since it was their final term exams and as graduating students, she had to focus on her exams so she had buried herself in books and lecture notes that she was not able to get on tracks about Amber’s life, so the news never really reached her; not till today, that is.

“You son of a ? Why did you? I knew there’s some going on with you, Im just so busy with mine that I wasn’t..”

“Nah its cool.” Amber cut her off by waving her hand. “Its already been a week anyway.”

“No, its not. And you know that.” Amber didn’t confirm nor deny. She just look at her roommate and as if she got burn with her intent and knowing stare, she looked away.

“Don’t lie to yourself Amber. You miss them and youre too in love with them to even try moving on.”  And if its true, Amber didn’t say anything, she just kept avoiding her roommates gaze.

“They really love you, you know.”

“I know.”

“Then why did you let them go?”

“It’s the best thing for us.”

“But the best thing wasn’t always what our hearts really wanted. Is that what your heart really wanted, Amber?”

The handsome boyish girl didn’t answer but she knew her roommate already know the answer. She always does. Aside from Suho and Taeyang, her roommate knows her inside and out. They may have a lot of difference and they might’ve not been talking much but they knew each other well; and they have a list of each other’s personalities carved at the back of their minds. She’s practically Amber’s big sister in the University.

“Its not, isn’t it? So why torture yourself by letting them go when you can just have them both?”

“That’s not actually the easiest choice. I don’t choose, they’ll fight. I keep them around, they’ll still fight.” Amber weakly answered.

“And you think theyre not fighting anymore now, just because youre not dating them anymore? Tell you what, Jessica blames Krystal and Krystal blames Jessica. What amazes me was neither of them actually blames you. Youre the one who’s torn in between, youre the one who cant choose, youre the one who left them yet no one wants to blame you. Why is that?”

Amber shrugged her shoulders. She doesn’t even know that the sisters were blaming each other let alone know the reason why.

“I have only one conclusion here. Jessica and Krystal are madly, deeply and crazily in love with you. And the only question is, are you just as in love with them as them are to you?”

The boyish girl groaned in frustration. She knows that the JungSis are crazy on day one, ofcourse, who would ask someone to date two people at the same time? It was outrageously insane.

“Why don’t you play the games by your rules, Amber?”

“I don’t want to play. I don’t want to hurt them, and I don’t want to hurt myself either.”

“And youre actually doing a great job on that.” Amber’s roommate said in all sarcasm she can muster.

“I am.”

“Liar. You might be the genius in this room, but youre a terrible liar.” Her roommate shook her head at her. “Why can you just have them both?”

“Love is not for three people.”

“So now what? Youre going to play on team single now?”

“I have been on the team…”

“Till JungSis happened, I know, I was there remember? Ive seen you drive yourself crazy because of the two sister and I cant count anymore how many times they tested your patience but man, Amber, that’s also the first time Ive ever seen you so happy, like youre really existing. You cant deny the fact that Krystal and Jessica brought colors to your dull life and really, I’d choose that kind of craziness over this gloominess any day.” And Amber looked at her roommate briefly then looked away after a second. “What? I might be busy but I saw how lifeless you’ve been the last week. I saw how your stare always lingers at the door like youre hoping for someone to kick the door down. I saw how, that even when youre busy, you sigh like youre running out of breath. Admit it Amber, Jessica and Krystal are the air in your lungs. Cheesy as it may seem, but damn Amber, youre just as in love as them. So why? Why cant you just have them both?”

“Because theyre not going to let me.”

“How did you know, did you ask?”

“They’ve fought when no one wanted to back out. They told me I need to choose one of them eventually. Isnt that enough answer already?”

“But did you ask if theyre willing to share you?”

“Im not a thing. I don’t want to be played in a tag of war.”

“Ohh aren’t you playing that for months now, so why stop now?”

Come to think of it, her roommate has a point and its slowly dissolving her resolve. But no, she cant turn back now, not after she had just made up her mind and had come to terms that she’ll stay away from the JungSis for good.

Amber was about to answer when their door suddenly flew open, hitting the wall so hard that it seemed like its going to break down.

“Amber Josephine Liu.”

“We know youre here.”

“You cant avoid us forever.”

“We’re here to claim what’s ours.”

Amber hit her forehead with her palm. The voices, she knows exactly who they are even without turning to see who it was.

 

“Hello Jessica, Krystal..” Amber’s roommate greeted their visitors before she stormed out of the room in a speed of lightning. Ofcourse, she doesn’t want to be a mediator between the three. The boyish girl sighed before standing up and walked towards the siblings. “God, you two are reeking of alcohol.” And whilst the sight of Jessica and Krystal trying to support each other by holding onto each other’s waist looks so cute and funny to Amber, the idea of a nonsense talk annoys her. “Come back when you two are sober.”

But Jessica had a hold of Amber’s shirt already when the latter was about to walk away. “No, we end this tonight. We want you back.”

And before Amber could reply, she found herself bathing on the siblings puke.

“Seriously? You two sure know how to drive me crazy.” Amber groaned in frustration as she guided the siblings to her bed.

Once the boyish girl had made sure that the floor was already clean from puke, she stomped her way towards the sibling. “I swear, Im going to lose my hair even before I turn 30…” She trailed off, seeing that the two drunk girls was already sleeping.

Amber sighed for the nth time. Jessica and Krystal haven’t been inside her room for long but Amber realized she had been sighing enough for the whole week already. “You two seriously…” And she sighed again before undressing the siblings. Ofcourse, she cant let them sleep with vomits all over them now, can she?

 

 

 

 

 

 



This fic is driving me crazy......