Intervention

Princesses and I

Amber was going through some of Jessica's stuffs on top of the study table while the owner of the room was currently in the bathroom, changing her clothes.

"So how did your finals go?"  The boyish girl asked as she picked up one note and peeked through it. 

"What?" Jessica asked back, not hearing properly what Amber had asked her since the door was close ad she has the water running.

"Never mind, just go finish up quick. Ive got another class after lunch." Amber yelled back while placing the notebook back to the table when the main door opened.

"Hey Krys." Amber greeted the younger Jung who just arrived from her last period that day.

"Why are.."  Krystal started but Amber continued babbling, "So,you want to come with us for lunch? My treat."

Before the younger girl could reply, the bathroom door opened and revealed her sister who was already done tying her hair in a bun. "Okay,Im ready." The boyish girl noticed how the last words of the older Jung almost came out as a whisper and not to mention the awkward ambiance around the room.

"Sorry, I didnt know youre here."  Krystal threw Amber a glance. "Maybe next time Am."  She added, referring to the lunch she's been offered earlier.

The perplexed boyish girl turned to Jessica as soon as the younger girl left the room."What the hell was that all about?"

Jessica only sighed and sat on the nearest bed to her. "She's been avoiding me since..." She paused and looked at Amber who immediately caught on. "Its because of me huh?" The older girl nodded.

It was now Amber's turn to sigh before sitting next to Jessica. "Sorry."

Both fell silent after that. Amber, who usually likes the silence, seems irritable with how uncomfortable the air between them; like she's getting fire on her pants or something.

She's not used to this.

She's not used to seeing the JungSis having a cold war and most especially, not because of her.

She's just not use to being a reason of anyone's fight.Period.

"Come on."  Amber stood up and held out her hand."Lets talk this over lunch. Im hungry." She even offered her infectious smile.

Jessica who already lost the appetite to eat after seeing how sad her sister is earlier, immediately got her enthusiasm for food back when she saw that insanely wide smile on Amber's face. Sometimes, she wonders how much more that smile can affect her, she wanted to know but at the same time she doesnt. Weird huh?

"Are you coming or what?" The playful tone in Amber's voice broke Jessica's trance. The boyish girl was becoming rather impatient so she didnt wait for the older girl to answer and just pulled her by her wrist and dragged her out of the room.

 

 

"She asked me to let you go." Jessica begun as soon as they consumed all the food on their platter.

"And Im going to assume you said no and she didnt like your answer."  Jessica nodded. "Do you know what I like most about the two of you?" The older girl's eyes widen. Because for the first time since things happened between the three of them, she's going to hear Amber say it personally.

"Your sister bond. I like how you care for each other and how you two manage to get along even when youre dating the same person. You didnt let anyone go in between your relationship, well not until now that is. But the point is,your sister bond is so strong and I know that no one, not even me, can break that." Amber reached out for Jessica's hand and squeezed it tightly."Sdont let me break you apart."

"Its already starting Amber." Jessica looked away, tears beaming on the corner of her eyes. She had endured days of not talking to Krystal,of Krystal avoiding her and being alone in her room for days; but she can only take much and its hurting her. Its breaking her.

Amber fell silent. As much as she doesnt want the siblings fighting over her, she doesnt want to let go any of them. So suggesting to choose one was not on her plan; never on her plan.

"Its either you choose one, or you choose none." It was Jessica who opened the topic for them. And for Amber that thought was never acceptable, atleast for her.

 

 

 

 

 


 

"Amber.. Whats up with you today?" Suho who had just came from behind her asked her as he placed an arm around her shoulder.

"JungSis problem I presume." Taeyang who came out of nowhere suddenly butted in.

"Theyre fighting because of me."

"Wow, Im kind of surprise it took them this long." Suho received a nudge on his side. "Sorry, but really, things are becoming serious Amber. Youve got to make up your mind."

"I know that." Amber's voice raised a bit.

"Woah,relax dude, we're not here to pressure you, not exactly like that, but were here to support you and give you advices and whatever it is you need right now." Taeyang was shaking Amber's body by her shoulder. "You need to choose. NOW."

"This is all your fault, you know that?" Taeyang and Suho chuckled at how cute their friend is, and not to mention pitiful with her situation is right now.

"Dont worry Amber, whatever your decision is, we'll be here for you." Taeyeng and Suho ruffled her hair. "You wont be alone on this."

 

 

 

 


 

 

"I knew I'd find you here." Krystal turned to see Amber walking towards her; with hands tucked inside her pocket and man, Krystal just wanted to run to her and jump her and kiss her which she had to repress since she's still in the school grounds and being reported for molesting a schoolmate was never on her to do list, she didnt.

"So how was the lunch date?" Krystal went back to gazing at the sunken oval in front of her.

"Sad. Cause youre not there." Amber sat next to her and patted her head. "You do remember what I told you right? No cat fights?"

"You can expect for things to stay the same Amber. Jessica and I likes you and only one of us can have you. And you obviously have no plans on choosing so one of us need to withdraw and I wouldnt be that person Amber." Krystal's head was hanged low. She knows how stupid her words came out as but she didnt care, between her and Jessica, she's always the stubborn one.

"So you'll continue this stupid cold war between you and Jessica? You think I'll be very happy choosing you over her knowing whats been happening?" Amber paused and took Krystal's hand. "You know, I love your sister bond the most Krys. Of all, its the most precious thing I would want to protect and cherish. I dont want you fighting over me."

"Too late for that now, isnt it?" Krystal stared at their intertwined fingers.

"Look, Im sorry if I cant still choose between you two. And Im still firm with my answer that I like you both and that Im still not sure who I like more. I want to keep both of you for myself. I know I know, its bad and its selfish but what else can I do Krys? You and your sister drives me crazy and I cant imagine a day without any of you." Amber paused and kissed the backof Krystal's hand. "It breaks my heart to know youre fighting."

"It breaks my heart too." Krystal admitted before wiping her tears away before it even fell on her cheeks.