Meat solves problems

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

It’s not like I’m jealous that Kris knows a super pretty person like Yuri.  I’m jealous that I DON’T know a super pretty person like Yuri. 

“Hey Lu Han, do you know her?” I pointed to the elevator.

“She and Kris go way back.  I think they were childhood friends.”

My eyes widened, and a grin flashed across my face.  “THAT IS PERFECT.”

“Huh?”

“Childhood friends turned lovers?  I am going to ship them.”

“Hanbyul,” Lu Han muttered, “they aren’t what you think—”

“I know love when I see it, Lu Han,” I replied.

We somehow ended up outside Kris’s building, the streets bustling with workers on their lunch breaks.  It all seemed so unfamiliar, so different from lying in bed all day.  Lu Han’s reply flew right over my head, and I found myself nodding.

“So…when’s the wedding?”

“Huh.” I snapped out of my daydream.  “What wedding?”

“Your…wedding?”

I frowned.  “Oh yeah.  I forgot.”  I thought about the wedding for a bit, suddenly recalling taking a nap during that discussion with Mother.  “In a month?  Two months?  I don’t know.  I think that our parents wanted us to get to know each other first, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, HE LOVES HIS WORK MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.”

Lu Han chuckled, and I stopped yelling.

“What?”

“You’re just so cute, Hanbyul.  Like a little sister.”

WHAT?  CUTE?  IS THIS MAN BLIND?  “Hey Lu Han, maybe it’s time to get your eyes checked.”

 

<:>

 

Not even Zoro could get my mind off of what had happened today. 

A knock brought me back to reality.  “Hanbyul, I’m coming in.”  Mother appeared with ten shopping bags on each arm, cheeks slightly pink (probably the excitement of shopping in Gangnam once again).  “I’m so excited for your wedding this weekend!”

“Huh?”

“Remember when we talked?”

“I THOUGHT WE AGREED ON A MONTH!” I exclaimed.

Mother smiled.  “Yes, but Kris wants to have the wedding as soon as possible.  Isn’t he sweet?”

“No?”

“Hanbyul.”

“But Mother, Kris doesn’t even like me.”

“So?  I thought you hated him too.”

I sighed.  “I don’t want to get married anymore.  Hell, I never wanted to get married in the first place.”

“What are you saying?”

“I don’t want to marry him.  Do you want me to say it in English?  In Chinese?  In all of the other languages you forced me to learn?”

“But Hanbyul, your father’s company needs this marriage.” Mother patted my knee.

I pouted.  “I don’t mind being poor.”

“But I do, Hanbyul!  Poor people can’t go shopping every day.”

My eyes narrowed, and I felt my temper rising.  “You’re so damn selfish, Mom.” I stood up, grabbing my cell phone.  “I’m going out.”

“Where?  You hate going outside.”

“SOMEWHERE!” I yelled, slamming my door.  I hate how she knows me so well.

 

<:>

 

With my emergency 50,000 won that I keep in my shoe, I found myself in front of a restaurant I often visited when my parents were out of town.  Not too sure how I got there, but I was glad that the place was empty.

“Noona!” one of the waiters exclaimed.  “How’ve you been?  I haven’t seen you around here in a while.”

“Hey Sehun.” I nodded.  “I’ve been fine.  You?”

“Still studying,” he replied.

“Good luck.”

He led me over to a table.  “The usual?”

“Yes please.  Thank you, Sehun.”

“No problem.  I’ll be right back.” He bowed and disappeared into the back of the restaurant.

I settled in my chair and decided to take a look at all of the celebrities that had visited the restaurant.  Ah.  I don’t know any of these people.  People began to trickle into the restaurant, but I paid them no attention.  When Sehun returned with the meat, I mumbled my thanks and placed the meat on the grill.

“Ah.  You’re Kim Hanbyul, right?” A female voice startled me.

I glanced up, and my eyes widened.  “Ah!  Kwon Yuri-ssi, right?”

“May I sit here?”

“O-Of course!”

She sat in the chair across from me, called Sehun over, and ordered another serving of meat.  “Kris told me that he’s getting married to you.”

I almost choked on the food I was chewing.  “Right.”

“That’s great.” She smiled.  “That idiot doesn’t know love when it’s right in front of him, so it’s good that he’s finally getting married.”

“But Yuri-ssi—”

“You don’t have to be so polite.  Yuri unnie would be better.”

“Unnie,” I repeated, “he has absolutely no interest in me at all.”

“Hm?”

I sighed.  “I don’t know…my wedding is this weekend, and I don’t really want to do it.”

“Ah…I know!  How about I take your place!”  She must’ve thought my face was amusing, because she laughed immediately after.  “I was just joking.”

“No, I’d really like that.  Could you do it?”

She smiled.  “Of course not.”

“But he likes you better.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that,” Yuri replied.  “Kris hates me.”

“Oh…” I said.  “WAIT, WHAT?”