Being sick

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

So Kris confiscated all of the things I love: my right to 24/7 access to the internet and all of the instant food in the kitchen.  At least he let me keep my cell phone and laptop (which is where I store all of my manga anyway).  Then again, I guess it’s pretty useless considering Kris unplugged the Wifi (which is located in the living room) and I’m too lazy to stand up and turn it back on.  Sometimes, I swear that he’s a better parent than, like, my own parents…which is sad, considering Kris is horrible at taking care of me.  The scenes that follow are very real events that happened while I was sick.

 

<:>

 

“I didn’t know that it was possible to go three days without sleep until I met you.”

“Aw, thanks,” I replied.  “I’m honored.”

“How do you even?”

I smiled.  “When you start reading a manga, you can’t stop until you finish it, y’know?  It’s like all of your exhaustion fades away.”

He suddenly stood up and walked out the door without saying where he was going, which confused me.  When Kris returned, he was holding a bowl of something.  I stretched my neck, hoping to catch a glimpse of the contents of the bowl.

“Vegetable soup for the sick child.”

I died a little on the inside.  “Vegetables?”

“You have to start somewhere,” Kris replied.  “So are you going to eat it or do you want me to feed you?”

I made a face and reached out for the bowl, muttering, “My arms aren’t broken.”  I stirred the contents of the bowl, pushing the vegetables to the side, and began to eat the noodles.  And you know, when there aren’t any vegetables, vegetable soup is actually pretty good.

“Yah, Kim Hanbyul, pushing the vegetables under the soup won’t get rid of its existence.”

“But the carrots,” I protested.

“What about the carrots?”

“They’re so…orange.”

He burst out in a fit of laughter.  “Do you know how childish you sound right now?”

In the end, I didn’t have to eat the carrots.

 

<:>

 

“Well damn,” Kris said.  “Out of all of the strange things I’ve seen you do, this has got to be the weirdest and most worrying.”

I hid his car keys behind my back.  “Oh hey Kris.”

“You know, when I think of someone trying to break into my car, my own girlfriend does not come to mind.”

Girlfriend?  But the situation was too strange for me to get hung up on that.  “I wasn’t trying to break in,” I replied.  “I have your keys.”

“When did you even find an opportunity to take my keys?”

I smiled.

“You need to rest, Hanbyul.”

“Is it true that you’ve hidden the instant ramyun in this car?”

“Not answering that.”

I nodded.  “So it’s true.”

“What?  No.  Anyway, I’m going to the store to restock your kitchen with healthy alternatives.”

“Meh.” I pouted.

“So while I’m gone, please try to get some rest.”

I sighed.  “Well, if you’re going to spend money on food, then use my money.”  Taking out 50,000 won from my pants pocket, I handed it to Kris.  “This should be enough.  Maybe.”

“Please don’t try anything while I’m gone.”

“I won’t, I won’t.”

 

<:>

 

So after the car mishap, I pulled out a few crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars from underneath my bed, WHICH I KEEP UNDER THERE FOR MOMENTS LIKE THESE WHEN SOMEONE BARGES INTO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKES ALL YOUR GOOD FOOD, while Kris was out shopping for “healthier alternatives”. 

Okay, so while on the internet one day, I learned that it was possible to cook s’mores on the heat of one’s laptop.  And today would be the day to try it.

I loaded up a few episodes of swimming anime on my laptop (that I saved before Kris turned off the Wifi) and grinned when I felt it begin to heat up.  I carefully placed the cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow creation on the corner of my laptop and waited.

“So this is what you do when I leave your side for fifteen minutes?” I heard a sigh from my doorway.

“This isn’t what it looks like,” I replied immediately, stuffing the food into my mouth.  Geez, fifteen minutes already?

“Well, if you’re that hungry, I just bought the ingredients to make a salad—”

“I’m going to sleep.”

In summary, being sick .