First Meeting Part 2

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

“I wrote down some questions for you in my notebook,” Kris said, taking a seat on my couch.  I frowned. 

“First question,” he continued, “Do you like taking care of other people?”

I bit my lip.  I don’t really have an interest in people outside of my comics…  “I suppose.”

Kris nodded and wrote something down, which irritated me a bit.  I mean, we weren’t conducting a freakin’ interview, now were we?

“Next question is: are you good at cooking?”

I tried to hide my chuckle.  Aw hell no.  I can barely go into the kitchen without something catching on fire or some other happening.  “I’m not really the best in the kitchen, but I try.”

“Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?”

It’s so hard to be nice and proper.  When is this crappy interview going to end?  What came out was something between a grunt and a cough, because I knew that I was a horrible person, and I wasn’t going to lie about it.  After all, if I was going to spend the rest of my life with this guy, I had might as well tell him the truth.

“The truth is,” I finally responded, looking at Kris, “I am a horrible person.  I can’t cook.  I hate most people, maybe including you.  I’m not someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, so let’s just try and figure out a way to stop this marriage.”

Kris stood up with a grin.  “You may be the complete opposite of my ideal type, but you’re honest.  I like that, and I find you interesting.”

I died a little on the inside.  Damn it, I’m never telling the truth ever again.  “B-But, don’t you think I’m gross?  Or that I’m rude?  C’mon, you have to think that I’m a bit of a snarky .”

“I do.”

“AND YOU STILL WANT TO MARRY ME?” I exclaimed.  “ARE YOU INSANE, MAN?”

He shrugged.  “See you on our wedding day.”

“WAIT RIGHT THERE—”

“I can’t wait to see you in a wedding dress,” he continued.  “You know, you may not think this right now, but you’re actually really pretty.”

“I AM NOT PRETTY—”

“Dad, I’m ready to go!” Kris yelled, ignoring me.

I was not in the mood for any of it.  “KRIS WU, GET BACK HERE—”

Whatever this feeling is, it definitely isn’t “love”.  Or even “like”.  I really hate that guy.

 

<:>

 

“Kris wants to see you today,” Mother announced the next day.

“What the hell?  We just saw each other yesterday.”

Mother flashed one of her I-just-shopped-in-Gangnam smiles at me.  “Before he left, he asked us if it was okay for you two to spend every day—”

“Hold up.  EVERY DAY?  But my comics!  My Zoro!  My One Piece!  Why Mother?”

“Maybe if you spent time interacting with other human beings instead of comics, you would come to appreciate other people more,” Mother replied.

“Aw whatever.  As long as I can bring my laptop with me—”

“No.”

“My tablet?”

“No.”

“WHY NOT?”

“I want you interacting with other humans.  Not technology.”

“MOTHER!”

“Kris is sending his secretary to pick you up.  In fact,” Mother said, “that should be him in the driveway.”

“Kris has a man secretary?” I snickered.  “You’d think that someone like him would have a beautiful good-at-cooking nice woman working for him.”

“Go, Hanbyul.  And don’t be mean.”

“When am I ever mean, Mother?” I smirked. 

“No sarcasm either.”

I frowned.  “What?  But that takes the fun out of everything.”

Hey, if I’m going to go through the torture of hanging out with Kris Wu at his freaking workplace, then I’m going to try and make the most of it.