Japan Day 5 (Day 4 Intentionally Skipped)

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

Japan Day 4 was pretty damn awesome, but Japan Day 5 (aka our last day in Japan) steals the cake for the best day ever (in my twenty-one years of life on this planet Earth).  I guess I should tell you why.

We woke up at some ungodly hour to take a bus to Tokyo Disney Sea.  Kris wore a tshirt and jeans, while I wore a dress (which Mother somehow snuck into my luggage WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR KNOWLEDGE, WHICH I WAS FORCED TO WEAR BECAUSE I’M A NOOB AT LAUNDRY).  Kris did most of the money stuff (buying bus tickets, making sure we had our Disneyland tickets ready, etc) while I did the other stuff (making sure we were waiting for the right bus, buying food, etc).  Once on the bus, I fell asleep using Kris’s shoulder as a pillow (again) before noting that Kris was texting suspiciously (again).

When I woke up, we were in the land of dreams.  Kris grabbed my hand, and we walked off the bus, my jaw dropping at the amount of Japanese people lined up to enter Tokyo Disney Sea.  Everyone was carrying around this brown bear thing, which I had never seen before (definitely not Mickey Mouse), and when I asked Kris, he said that he had no idea either.  It felt like I was in the middle of a stampede, but it was okay, because Kris was holding onto my hand.  Geez, compared to before I began to like Kris, I’ve become a completely different person.

“Hanbyul-ah, what would you like to ride first?” Kris asked.

I shrugged.  “Anything, really.”

“It’ll probably get really crowded in there.”

I nodded.

“So just in case either of us gets lost, let’s meet…” He scanned the place.  “At the globe over there.” He pointed to the globe in the middle of the park entrance.

“Sounds fine to me.”

“Don’t forget, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Promise?” He asked.

“Yeah yeah.” I rolled my eyes.  “You’re starting to sound like Mother.  And under no circumstances is that a good thing.”

He began to chuckle as we walked through the park, searching for our first ride.  To our surprise, as soon as the doors opened, people began to run through, leaving us in the back.

“The lines look horribly long,” I noted.

“Don’t worry about that.” He held up a whole bunch of fast passes.  “I know a guy who knows a guy, and he gave us these.”

“Wow, is that even legal?” My eyes were wide with excitement.

“Probably not, but that’s okay.”

I smiled.  “Then let’s go on everything.  Except for the Tower of Terror.  You know me and elevators don’t go well together.”

The Indiana Jones ride was pretty damn awesome, and I would’ve wanted to go on it again had it not been for the damn three hour wait (even with the fast passes).  And then we went on a pretty badass roller coaster that went upside down, and it was then and there that I recalled my physics lecture on how that was even possible.

We also went on a magic carpet ride, which was awesome, and we only stopped for a snack (very delicious hot dogs), before continuing our adventure around the park.  I could tell you about all of the rides we went on, but that would bore you guys, wouldn’t it?  Well, all of the fun stuff happened when the sun set anyway.

 

<:>

 

“This would look really cute on you,” I chuckled, holding up a pair of Minnie Mouse ears on purpose for Kris to see.

“Oh?” He chuckled.  “These would look cute on you, then.” He held up a pair of Mickey Mouse ears for me.

We ended up buying them (silly us, they were expensive), making it out just in time for the fireworks show.  But the crowd was big, and even I couldn’t manage to hold onto Kris’s hand with all of the people pushing around us.  PEOPLE, THEY ARE ONLY DAMN FIREWORKS, WHICH YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE FROM ALMOST WHEREVER YOU STAND; YOU DO NOT NEED TO PUSH.  But I didn’t say that, focused on finding that tall Chinese man (aka Kris Wu) in the crowd.  And failed.

I instinctively reached into my pocket before remembering that I gave Kris my phone to hold when we went on that badass roller coaster.

Crap Hanbyul you’ve done it now.  You are lost in the best place on earth (how ironic), and you can’t even find your tall boyfriend in the crowd because you are too short and it is too dark.  Way to go.  I applaud you.

Figuring that Kris was probably looking for me, I remembered our promise to wait at the big globe and headed there.

I hope you remember, Kris Wu.  I refuse to be lost in a foreign country (even if it is Japan) without you.

It was cold, and I wished that I had brought a jacket.  But when the fireworks went off above me, I temporarily pushed away the thoughts of cold and focused on the beauty of the fireworks lighting up the sky.  I must’ve been waiting there for almost half an hour.

All of a sudden, a few bright lights lit up around me, illuminating the globe.  I turned to look around, surprised, since there were only a few other people waiting around (everyone went to go look at the fireworks, which is what got me into the mess into the first place).

“It’s a beautiful night…”

I turned around, immediately recognizing that awkward singing voice.

“We’re looking for something dumb to do…”

I saw Kris, coming toward me, with a big stupid lovely grin on his face.  He changed out of his t-shirt and into a suit.

“Hey Kim Hanbyul…”

He reached me and got down on one knee and opened a black box.  I brought my hands up to my face, and I think that my eyes began to well up.

“I think I want to marry you.  Will you marry me?”

 

And this, everyone, is why Japan Day 5 was the best day of my life.