Kris's Introduction to Swimming Anime

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

“Wowwwww,” I trailed off, staring at the bright M lighting up the parking lot.  “For a CEO, you sure are stingy.”

Kris sighed.  “I learned my lesson from the last time I treated you to a meal.”

McDonalds, huh?  I cackled, and Kris shot me a look of concern.  The wind began to pick up, finally making me realize that the sun had set.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought, Wow, have we really been out for that long?  It felt like minutes.  But I was mostly focusing on the fact that I was out on a McDonalds date with my “husband”.

“Do I want to know why you’re laughing like that?”

In between fits of laughter, I managed to choke out, “I’ve never seen a couple in a shoujo manga dine at McDonalds in all my years of reading shoujo.”

Kris held the door open for me, and we took a seat in the back.  “But we aren’t a shoujo manga.”

“We basically are,” I replied, immediately checking to see if McDonalds had free Wifi.  To my delight, the Wifi was unlocked.  The only thing better than Wifi is free Wifi.  “Oh humanity, all is right in the world because of the free wifi.”

“How are we a shoujo manga?” Kris asked.  “And what do you want to eat?”

“Hm…” I frowned.  Surprisingly, I don’t eat fast food.  In fact, I really dislike fast food.  So I opted for the most logical choice.  “ICE CREAM.”

Kris scoffed, and I swear he was judging me.  But I didn’t care, really.  …Okay, maybe I did…a little. 

“How unhealthy…but why am I not surprised?”

I shrugged.

“Fine.” He stood up.  “I’ll go get you some ice cream.”

“Kay.”  I returned my attention to my phone, concerned about the Wifi.  Usually, free unlocked Wifi is too good to be true AND THIS WAS NO EXCEPTION.  I clicked the Wifi and attempted to connect.  Unfortunately, after two minutes of trying to get onto the damn internet, I gave up.  “Guess I’ll just have to use my data…I’m sorry, dad.”

All of a sudden, I was staring at ice cream.  And someone’s hand.

“Wow, you have some big hands,” I noted, accepting the ice cream.

“I’m going to ignore that first comment.  I didn’t know what flavor you liked, so I got you vanilla.”

“How safe.” I smirked, temporarily forgetting about the Wifi issue and Kris’s hands. 

Kris said, after a moment of silence, “Isn’t there a manga where the guy works at McDonalds?  And he’s like a demon or something?”

I looked up, eyes wide.  “You mean…?”

“Is that a thing?  I kind of forget.”

“Of course it is,” I replied.  “Since when did you know manga?”

“Since I took a crash course in your obsession from Lu Han.”

I raised one eyebrow.  “Why would you do that?”

“So I can tell if you’re using some strange term to insult me or not.”  He chuckled.  “It’s so overwhelming, and Lu Han is a horrible teacher.  I still don’t understand the appeal anyway.”

“Fine.” I pouted, slightly offended that he did not understand the glory that was manga.  “Then let’s make a bet.”

He grinned.  “Oh?  I’m listening.”

“If you watch some swimming anime with me, then I’ll grant you one wish.”

“Deal…wait.”  He frowned.  “Isn’t that, like, something that teenage girls enjoy?  And I thought that you liked the pirate one?”

I nodded.  “Yeah, but…it’s summer.  Perfect time for some Free, if you ask me.”

“Fine,” he replied.  “I mean, how bad could it be?”

 

<:>

 

We somehow survived the drive back in Kris’s fancy car, despite the fact that we almost died multiple times.  I guess that Kris is a thrill seeker. 

When we came home, the house was eerily quiet, and I mentally cursed Mother and Father for “disappearing”.  Hell, with their personalities, they probably went on a trip to some island again, WITHOUT TELLING ME…AGAIN.

So we sat in front of the flat screen, and I left Kris to figure out the DVD player while I went into the kitchen to find snacks.  I poured a whole package of gummy bears into a bowl and returned to the living room almost immediately.

“Should I know anything before I watch this?” Kris asked as I took a seat on the opposite end of the couch.  The bowl of gummy bears was placed in between the two of us.

I nodded.  “They’re all super hot.”

“Um…okay.  Anything else?”

“Haru only swims free.”

“Will I be able to understand what they’re saying?” He asked.

“Do you know Japanese?”

“No.”

“Do you know English?”

“Sort of.”

“Then you’re fine.”  I smirked.

 

<:>

 

“What the heck did I just watch?”