What do you do again?

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

“Hey Lu Han,” I said.  “Don’t stop talking while we’re in that elevator, okay?”

“Very well, Miss Hanbyul.  What should I talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know.  Tell me what there is on each floor.”

We stepped into the elevator, and I leaned against the corner.  Lu Han pressed the button labeled 25, and the doors slowly closed.

“Most of these floors serve as offices for our employees.  The lower employees work on the lower floors, while the experienced ones work closer to the top.”

I nodded, closing my eyes.

“Floor twelve is the cafeteria—”

“Food?”

“Yeah.  We have everything you could ever dream of.  You see, Kris has visited many places, so he enjoys having a variety of food in the cafeteria.”

No wonder he wanted someone to cook for him. 

“Miss Hanbyul, we have arrived at the top floor.”

“Huh?” I opened my eyes.  “Oh.” I scrambled to get myself out of the elevator, almost falling into Lu Han in my desperation to get out.  “Sorry.”

“No problem.”

Kris’s office was nothing like I expected it to be.  First of all, the walls were lined with pictures of girls.  In fact, everywhere I turned, there were pictures of girls: girls in swimsuits, girls in dresses, and girls in cosplay.  There were also pictures of guys as we got closer to Kris’s door.  By the time we reached the end of the hallway, my eyes were burning.

“Hey Lu Han,” I whispered.  “What kind of stuff does Kris do again?”

“He—”

“I don’t want to know, actually.” 

Lu Han knocked on the door, and gestured for me to walk in.  By then, I already had a good idea of what kind of job Kris had.

“Hanbyul?  What are you doing here?” Kris asked, looking up from a camera. 

I frowned.  “Didn’t you want to see me?”

“Well—”

“OKAY BYE IF YOU NEED ME I’LL BE WHEREVER THE FOOD IS.”

 

<:>

 

After the initial misunderstanding, Lu Han explained that he had received orders from Kris’s dad to bring me to the office, AKA OUR PARENTS OBVIOUSLY SET US UP, AND I SHOULD'VE KNOWN.  To my dismay, Lu Han left the office soon after that.  GREAT NOW I AM ALONE WITH THIS JERK.

“Can you stop chewing so loudly?” Kris asked.  “I’m trying to edit this photo.”

I began to chew on my chips even louder, emphasizing the crunch.  “Then please turn down the music.  It hurts my ears.”

Kris immediately lowered the music, and I breathed a sigh of relief.  I absolutely hated dubstep, and if Kris was going to play that AFTER we got married, I would probably end up strangling him.  Or worse.

“What kind of photo are you editing?”

“Just work stuff.”

“WHY DO YOU HAVE PICTURES OF ALMOST- PEOPLE LINING YOUR WALLS.”

He almost jumped out of his seat, to my amusement.  “What are you talking about?”

“You know.” I raised an eyebrow.  “You direct po—”

“No.” He held a hand up.  “I think you’ve misunderstood me.”

“THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN ALL OF THE ALMOST- PEOPLE ON YOUR WALLS.”

“If it makes you uncomfortable, then I’ll have them taken down.”

“Thank you, but HEY WHY ARE YOU BEING SO NICE.”

He put on his headphones, and I pouted. 

Fine.  Ignore me then.  “I’m going exploring.”

“Wait.  Give me your phone first.”

I walked over to his desk and handed him my phone.  “Why?”

“This is my phone number.  Call me if you run into trouble.”

“Got it.”

 

<:>

 

“This is…heaven.” My jaw dropped.  Somehow, I had forced myself back into the damn elevator and down to the 12th floor, where Lu Han said there was a cafeteria.  I found myself staring at the place in wonder.

I immediately called Kris, who seemed irritated to receive a call just minutes after he gave me his phone number.

“What.”

“HEY KRIS THIS FOOD PLACE IS AMAZING CAN I HAVE SOME MONEY TO BUY FOOD.”

“Please slow down.  I can’t understand you when you yell into the phone.”

“Can I have some cash to buy food,” I repeated.  “I’m hungry, and I heard that this is the place with the best Wifi.”

“Only employees can access the Wifi, Hanbyul.”

“Oh?  Is that a challenge?”  I chuckled, imagining Kris’s panic on the other side of the line.  Through the phone, I could hear a bunch of things falling through the ground, Kris cursing in Chinese, and a door slamming shut.

“Don’t hack our Wifi.  I’m coming down.  Let’s eat lunch together.”

“Are you paying?”

“Yeah.”

“Cool.” I smirked.  He’s going to regret saying that.