First Meeting Part 1

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

So just to recap what’s happened in my life so far: one day, I’m just a rich girl; the next day, I’m a rich girl with a husband who may or may not be an .  I don’t know about you, but I’m not too excited for this.

Dad put on his one good suit that he bought some ten years ago for some business trip to America.  I had to laugh when he came down the stairs, because it just looked so wrong.  I think I commented about it, which only earned me a glare.  Mom put on her business clothes as well, though I couldn’t make any snarky remarks about her clothing if I wanted dinner.

I pushed the curtains open and saw a bunch of people walking up our front steps.  “Holy , they’re all wearing Louis Vuitton shoes.  They must be rich.”

“Hanbyul-ah,” Mother scolded.

“What?” I replied.  “Sure, we’re rich, but we don’t go around wearing Luis Vuitton shoes.  Dad, you wear…I don’t know.  And Mom wears young people shoes because she wants to look younger—”

“Hanbyul-ah.”

“Anyway, those people out there are top-tier rich.” I closed the curtains.  “TOP-TIER I TELL YOU!”

“Hanbyul, please don’t yell as you please,” Father chided.  “You really need to be polite, especially in front of your husband.”

“Blah blah blah,” I replied, rolling my eyes.  “Yeah yeah, Mother already gave me a forty minute lecture about manners.  I don’t want another lecture from you, Dad.”

“Just be polite, okay?”

I nodded, not really paying attention.  “Where is this Kris Wu?”  I scanned all of the men in suits until my eyes landed on one of them.  He was tall…and attractive.  I chose to voice it in the best way I knew how: “OH WONDERFUL HUMANITY, HE IS SO HOT.  Not as hot as Zoro, of course, but you know…”

“Hanbyul, dear, please do not bring up your comics when they come in here.”

“Mother—”

“Your mother is right.”

“Father,” I whined.  “You were the one who gave me the unlimited subscription—”

“Shhh, he’s coming in,” Mother hissed.

In a split second, both Mother and Father were smiling.  I was forced to smile as well.  Kris and his father walked in, and I was immediately captivated with Kris’s looks.  Of course, those were his looks.  He could be a total , and I could completely lose interest.  Just like that. 

“It is very nice to see you, Mr. Wu,” Mother and Father said.  They bowed, and I quickly followed.

“It’s our pleasure,” Mr. Wu replied.  “It’s always wonderful to see you and your family, Mr. Kim.  Kris, say hello.”

“Sup.”

“Kris, you do not greet people with that word.” Mr. Wu muttered.  To Mother and Father, he said, “I’m sorry about him.  He’s in that stage.”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Mother replied, glee evident in her voice.  “Hanbyul can be like that as well.”

Mr. Wu laughed.  “That’s a relief.  I was actually giving Kris a lecture on our way over.”

“Dad,” Kris hissed.

“Anyway, we should probably let these two talk privately,” Mother said with a giggle. 

“What.  No.  Mom.  Why.” I whispered.

“Be good, Hanbyul!” Father called as he walked into the kitchen.

“You be nice as well, Kris,” Mr. Wu said as he followed.

Kris and I glanced at each other, and he was probably thinking the same thing as I was: this is going to be a disaster.