KRIS AND HANBYUL ARE GOING TO JAPAN (SOON)

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

I made my way to the bathroom and met Jongin on the way there.  He had a big grin plastered on his face, and I suddenly felt bad for Joonmyun, who would be Jongin’s roommate (by default).  But the dude was a little weird, and Jongin was a little weird, so I figured that nothing extremely bad would happen.

“Oh, Jongin, Kris is still wearing his suit.  Could you, like, take that off?” I asked.

He stopped walking and turned around.  “I think that’s your job, Hanbyul noona.”

“Hah, no thanks.  I’ll give you cash if you do it.”

“Tempting,” Jongin murmured.  “But no.  I refuse.  It’ll be better if you do it.”

“Then make sure that Joonmyun takes his suit off as well.” Ignoring Jongin’s expression, I continued, “At least loosen the tie.”

“Got it!”

I was still worried.  “Jongin?”

He smiled.

“Don’t do anything weird, okay?”

“Promise.”

Although I was still worried about Joonmyun’s fate, I shut the bathroom door, brushed my teeth and hair, and basically made sure that I looked okay.  I put on my pajamas, which consisted of a big t-shirt and shorts, and walked into my dad’s room, looking for a set of spare clothes.  Finally, I slowly made my way back to my room. 

When I shut the door behind me, Kris was, as Jongin promised, on my bed.  I almost considered sleeping on the couch that night, but something convinced me otherwise.  Either way, I had to get the suit off Kris without embarrassing either of us.

“Kris wake up.”

“Hmmmphrhrhg.”

“Yeah, that’s swell and all, but you have to take off your suit.”

His eyes opened a little, and he smiled at me.

Still drunk.  I rolled my eyes.  “Okay, change your clothes.  I left the spare set over there.”

“Okay.”

Wow, surprisingly coherent for a drunk guy.  “Great, I’m leaving.”

I shut the door and counted to six hundred (just to be safe) before reentering the room.  Surprised to see the suit folded neatly on my desk, I wondered if Kris was a neat drunk or something.  He was curled up nicely on my bed, and I cautiously settled under the blanket next to him.

Sleeping with someone is interesting.  They’re warm, and you’re warm.  I wasn’t sure if Kris was awake or not, but I stared up at my ceiling and waited for sleep to hit me.  Surprised when I felt Kris’s hand grab mine, I turned to stare at him.  His eyes were open, and he was staring at me.

“Why are you staring at me?”

He smiled.  “Because you’re beautiful.”

I would like to say that I had a witty comeback, but I didn’t.  Curse boys who use book quotes in really good circumstances.  I was speechless, and Kris smiled again.

“Hanbyul-ah, I’m not drunk, if you were wondering.”

“Liar.  That’s what drunk people say when they want to convince people that they aren’t drunk.  Besides, I’ve got a video of you dancing to EDM on my phone.”

He paused.  “Well, I may be drunk, but then again, I always feel love drunk when I’m around you.”

“Hey, watch it,” I grumbled in an attempt to hide my embarrassment.  “I’m not used to the cheesiness.” I rolled onto my side and faced him.

He rolled onto his side and rested his head on one hand.  “Hm.”

“Hm.”

“There was something I wanted to tell you.”

“Okay.”

“I’m going to Japan for a week, and I was wondering if you wanted to come.”

“WHAT?” I sat up.  “ARE YOU KIDDING ME OF COURSE I WANT TO GO KRIS THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.”

He chuckled.  “Keep your voice down, Hanbyul-ah.  My head hurts.”

“Oh.  My bad.”

“We leave in a week.  Is that enough time for you to pack and stuff?  And shouldn’t you ask your parents?”

I shrugged.  “It’s not like I have much to pack.  And my parents would be delighted to hear that I’m taking a trip with you.  What’s the trip about anyway?”

He smiled.  “Well…it’s actually not for work or anything…”

“Personal reasons?”

“I asked my dad for some vacation time to take you on a trip.”

“WOW KRIS YOU LEFT WORK FOR ME I FEEL SO LOVED.  It’s like when the main guy chooses the main girl instead of the other woman in shoujo manga.”

Kris chuckled and reached out to my cheek.  “You’re really adorable when you talk like that, Hanbyul-ah.”

My face skin became warm, and I was glad that we were in a dark room.

“I really want to kiss you right now.”

I grinned.  “Then kiss me.”

How to describe it…really warm and intoxicating, probably.  To be honest, my mind went blank the moment our lips touched. 

 

<:>

 

A scream jolted me out of my sleep.  I removed Kris’s arms, which were wrapped around me, and stumbled toward the door.  The screaming continued.  I threw my door open in time to see Joonmoney running out of Jongin’s room without a shirt (or pants, for that matter, but that’s a story for another day) and into the bathroom.  Jongin cackled from his place at the door, and I noted that he too wore no shirt (or pants).

“What did you tell him?” I asked.

Jongin grinned.  “That we slept together and that it was wild.”

“Why.”

“On the bright side, hyung said that I could have that modeling gig that I always wanted.”

“Kim Jongin…did you blackmail poor Joonmoney into giving you that job?”

“…Maybe.”

“Poor Joonmoney,” I sighed.  “No one deserves that after a night of drinking.”  Grabbing the suit that Joonmoney was wearing the night before, I found a spare towel in the closet, knocked on the bathroom door, and waited for him to open it.  He did, and I felt really bad for the guy. 

“Here, you can shower and stuff.  I’ll make breakfast while you shower.”

“Where am I?”

“Your little drinking game ended badly.  We are currently at my house.  You may or may not have slept with Jongin, my cousin.  Kris is also here.”

“Oh.”

“Please enjoy your shower.  And make sure to lock the door, in case Jongin decides to join.” I winked. 

Hey, I felt bad for the guy, but since Jongin set up the joke, I just had to finish it.