Fortune Tellers and Lack of Sleep

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

After finding the a witty graphic tee that matched his personality (not gonna say what was written on the shirt), I decided to take Kris to see a fortune teller.  I wasn’t really sure if there were any of those around, but I was confident that if we walked around long enough, we would find someone willing to tell our fortune.  The streets were surprisingly empty for a Saturday morning in Gangnam, but I didn’t really mind.  It would be even better if Kris wasn’t there, but hey, you can’t win everything.

“Where are we going?” Kris asked as I dragged him down the street.

I tried to ignore him.

“Hanbyul-ah, where are we going?”

Cringing at the fact that he called my name, I continued to walk down the street.

“Where are we going, Hanbyul-ah?”

I sighed.  “How did you turn into the annoying one?”

“I am seriously concerned about where you’re taking me.”

I chose to ignore him again, instead eyeing an old guy sitting across from a middle-aged man, with cards spread out on a table. 

He followed my gaze.  “You can’t be serious.”

“I just want my damn fortune told,” I grumbled.  “If I’m going to spend the rest of my life with you, I have to know if it’s going to be ty or not.”

Kris sighed.  “That guy looks like a fraud…no, he is a fraud.”

“Don’t judge people by their looks.  Not everyone can look like you, you know.”

“Is that a compliment?”

I didn’t even have to look at Kris to see that he was smirking.  Must not punch him.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Must not give in. 

“Let’s find a better fortune teller, if that’s what you want.”

So we walked around the area for another hour or so, and while I was sweating bullets from exhaustion, Kris seemed to be perfectly fine.  I should really get out more, I guess.

“Is it always this hot in the morning?” I frowned.

“Sorry about that.  It’s just me.”

One glare from me shut Kris up.  I swear that he gets more irritating the longer I hang out with him.

 

<:>

 

We finally ended up back in front of my house, to my disappointment, after failing to find a fortune teller.  I wanted to go back to the sketchy man, but Kris heavily objected.  I guess I can just look up “free fortune teller” online or something.  As we entered my house, I the air conditioner.

“So, like, when are you going to leave?” I asked, walking up the stairs.  When I looked over my shoulder, Kris was right behind me.

“Do you want me to leave?”

“…Yeah.” I continued to climb, wondering why he was still following.

“You paused before answering.”

I rolled my eyes, glad that he couldn’t see me. 

“I guess I’ll stay then.”

“Ha.  Good one.  You should go home, Kris.” 

He shrugged.  “But what if you need me?”

“I probably won’t, so go home and do whatever you do.”  I the upstairs air conditioner and lowered it to its coolest setting.  Why the hell is it so hot in here?

“Hanbyul, hold on.  Face me.”

I paused and turned around, surprised to see Kris’s face right in front of mine.  I automatically looked away, embarrassed.  He placed a cool hand on my forehead.

“What are you doing?” I mumbled, though I had to admit that his hand felt nice.

“I was right.  You’re hot.”

“Thanks.  Always knew I was.”

“I mean, I think you have a fever.  Look, you’re sweating, and your steps are unsteady.”

“Why?  I’m perfectly fine.” I turned around and continued to walk.  Kris followed close behind (I could tell from the footsteps).  But now that he mentioned it, that would explain why I felt so disgustingly sweaty outside.  It would also explain why I had to turn on all of the air conditioners…

“You need to rest, Hanbyul.”

“Resting is for the weak.”

“I’ll take care of you.”

“I’m pretty sure I don’t have a fever, Kris—”

“Hanbyul—”

Okay, I would tell you what happens next, but I actually have no idea.  Everything turned black.

 

<:>

 

“Besides a lack of sleep, an unhealthy diet, and a slight fever, she’s perfectly fine.”

ttttt, who is interrupting my sleep?

“Thank you so much, Doctor.”

Dammit, Kris is here.

“Just make sure that she gets a lot of rest and eats properly from now on.  If any complications come up, please call me immediately.”

I kinda want some instant ramyun right now…

“Kim Hanbyul.”

Ugh, go away.

“Don’t tell me to ‘go away’.  I know you can hear me.”

Can you read my mind?

“I don’t think that anyone could ever understand your mind.”

I opened my eyes and sat up, holding my head from the head rush.  Looking around, I was relieved to find myself in my living room.  “What happened?”

“Well, after you passed out, I called a doctor.”

“Shouldn’t you have called the emergency service instead?” I grumbled.  “What if it was serious?”

He paused.  “Well…I was, but then I heard you mumbling about food and someone named Zoro…so I figured that you were okay.”

“Oh.”

“And, according to the doctor—”

“Yeah, yeah,” I replied.  “Lack of sleep, unhealthy diet.”

“Right.  So, until you get better, I’m going to stay with you.”

I nodded.  “Okay…wait.  WHAT?”