Namsan Tower Part 1

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

“I have fifteen minutes to get ready,” I mocked, as soon as Kris was out of earshot.  Geez, even the way he talks is irritating.  Ordering me around and .  Where the hell are we going anyway?

I opened a drawer and took out my fake switchblade.  With a snicker, I dropped it into a backpack, just imagining Kris’s reaction if I pulled it out.  Then I remembered that Mother always told me to carry money around with me, so I stuck 50,000 won into my shoe.  I wonder how many chapters of One Piece I can download in fifteen minutes?  That guy probably wants to go somewhere with no Wifi…I’m not going to risk it.  I opened my manga app on my iPhone, searched One Piece, and began to download as many chapters as I could.  “Thank you, based Wifi god,” I muttered. 

Purposely mismatching my socks, I slipped on my Converse and slung the backpack over my shoulder.  A quick check in the mirror and I was ready to go.

Kris waited at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his foot and checking his watch.  I attempted to not roll my eyes, but I just had to, once I got a glimpse of his fancy watch.

“That was fast,” he said.  “Did you change clothes?”

I stared down at my green t-shirt and gray sweatpants.  “Was I supposed to?”

“Well…”

“Fine,” I sighed.  “I guess I can go back up the stairs, walk to my room, put down all of my stuff, search for something to wear…” I trailed off, hoping that Kris would get the point.

“That’s okay,” he replied quickly.

I smirked.  That’s right. 

“Ready to go?”

“It hasn’t been fifteen minutes yet.”

He looked me up and down.  “But you look like you’re ready to go.”

“All of my manga hasn’t finished downloading yet.”

“You won’t have time to read that.”

Scoffing, I glared at Kris.  “There is ALWAYS time to read manga.  And if there isn’t time, then I MAKE time.”

“Okay, weirdo.  Let’s go.”

“But the Wifi—”

“Do you want me to carry you out of the house?”

I paused.  “Tempting, but I'm not that lazy.  And I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but you’re kind of gross, and your man secretary looks younger than you do.”

“Typical tsundere.  I know you love me on the inside.”

I almost choked.  And then I sneezed.  “See?” I accused, glaring at him.  “I told you that I’m allergic to stupidity.”

Kris shook his head and walked out of my front door.  Noticing that all of my manga had finished downloading, I followed.

Okay, so you probably figured this out when I said that Kris is rich, but HE HAS A FANCY CAR.  I’m pretty sure it’s a Lamborghini Veneno, since my loser father is obsessed with cars and loves pointing out cars that are stupidly expensive.  I opened the door gently, suddenly wishing that Lu Han was there to open the door for me (so that if it broke, it wouldn’t be all of my fault).

The seats were extremely comfortable, and I wondered how my father would react if I told him that I rode in his “dream car”.  I snickered to myself, and Kris stared at me with a worried expression.

“Why are you laughing like that?”

“Why are you asking?”

“It…worries me.”

“My dad likes cars.” I shrugged.

Kris smiled.  “So do I.”

Loser.  I continued to snicker.  “Hey, do you at driving?”

“I am a really good driver.”

I put on my seatbelt.  “Bad drivers always say that.”  I adjusted my headrest as well, making sure that it would protect my head and neck in the case of a crash.  “Hey, can I sit in the back, actually?”

“There is no backseat.”

“Damn it, Kris,” I muttered. 

He frowned, finally pulling out of the driveway.  “You know, since we’re in Korea, shouldn’t you be calling me—”

“Do not use the ‘o’ word in my presence,” I growled.

“Well, it’s going to take us an hour to get there, so if you want to take a nap, be my guest.”

“Hm,” I thought out loud.  “Sleeping does sound tempting, but then again, I just got up half an hour ago…I think I’ll read manga instead.”

Kris shot me a look.  “There’s tissue in the glove compartment.  Lu Han told me that you tend to get…emotional…when you read.”

How thoughtful.  “Thanks, Kris.”

 

<:>

 

“Hanbyul.”

“Hm?” I replied, paying absolutely no attention to what he was saying.

“We’re here.”

“Where?”

“Namsan Tower.”

I put my phone down.  “WHAT THE HELL?  WHY.”

“I did a Google search, and Namsan Tower is popular with couples.”

“BUT THERE IS MUCH WALKING I CAN’T DIDN’T SIGN UP FOR THIS?”

Kris frowned yet again.  “Please talk in complete sentences, Hanbyul.  It’s hard for me to understand you when you speak like that.”

“All the stairs,” I whined.

“You do know that we’re taking the cable car directly to the tower, right?”

“Ah, really?” I exclaimed, hopping out of the car.  “Why didn’t you say so earlier?”