Fin

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

We decided to honeymoon in Hawaii, though we just both wanted a place where we could escape the horrible cold.  Unfortunately, because Kris had a few important meetings, we agreed that it would be better to go a few weeks after the wedding.  I didn’t mind, especially since we had just returned from Japan a week or so ago, and I was not mentally prepared to travel again.

But to make up for all of that, Kris and I moved into our own house!  I said goodbye to my parents and lugged all of my stuff to our new apartment (still in Gangnam, though, since where would rich people live if not in Gangnam?).  To my delight, Kris had already picked out all of the furniture, since I had told him earlier that I hate furniture shopping with a passion.  It was beautiful.

On the night before our honeymoon, Kris and I found ourselves driving around the city.  I don’t know how, but I do remember Kris bribing me with some kind of food to go city-viewing with him, and I guess some things don’t change, since I agreed.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“It’s a secret,” he said.

So I guess a bazillion places before finally realizing that we were headed to Namsan Tower.

I recalled our first “date” (if that was even considered a date).

“We promised to go back in a year, didn’t we?”

My jaw dropped, as I hadn’t realized that it had been a year.  What a horrible person I am.

“So we’re going to go look at our locks.”

“Oh.”

 

<:>

 

The place was just as crowded as the last time, though I knew that we would be taking the cable car this time (so I didn’t grumble about the struggle up the stairs at all).  We got into the cable car and sat next to each other, and I tried not to fall asleep (like the last time).  The scenery was beautiful, and when we finally reached the top, Kris took my hand.

“I can’t wait to read your message,” he said.

“It’s really embarrassingly stupid,” I replied.  “I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you.”

“It’s okay,” he replied, “Mine is the same.”

“Psh.”

The amount of locks as compared to the last time seemed to have multiplied tenfold.  I was amazed at how many couples had come in the past year.  Luckily for us, Kris knew exactly where we had locked ours, and he located them pretty quickly among the other red locks.

“We can’t unlock it,” Kris warned.  “So we’ll just have to read it from its place on the fence.”

“Okay.”

He took a deep breath and started to read aloud, “To Kris, I guess we’ll be married—”

“HEY DON’T YOU DARE READ THAT OUT LOUD,” I yelled.

“—when we come back here.  Maybe I’ll like you by then?”

“YOU JERK.”

“Your handwriting is so adorably messy,” he chuckled. 

“JERK JERK JERK.”

“Don’t spend too much time with the other woman?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.  “Your job.”

He smiled as he finished reading the message (in his head, thank goodness).  “That was cute, Hanbyul.  Thank you.”

“My turn to read your message,” I replied, fully intending to read it out loud like he did.  I started,  “To Hanbyul.” I turned to make a face at Kris, who just stared at me with a smile.

Grumpy, I continued, “To say that I love you at this very moment would be a horrible lie.  And I don’t want to lie to you.”

“Go on,” he said.

“But to say that I hate you would also be a horrible lie.  I don’t really understand you sometimes, but I know that you mean well most of the time.  Every day will be a new adventure, and I know that as long as I’m with you, it’ll be okay.”

I turned to Kris, ashamed.  “My message was so horrible in comparison to your message.”

“It’s okay,” he replied.  “It was very true to your character.”

“Yeah, my horrible character.”

He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.  “Well, this is the Hanbyul that I fell in love with.”  He brought his lips to mine.  When he pulled away, he whispered, “And I wouldn’t like it any other way.”

 

And here ends the story of this arranged marriage with the jerk Kris Wu.  But even though I, Kim Hanbyul, will leave the rest of the story to your imagination, I’ll let you know that our story is far from over.  In fact, it’s just starting :3