Haha no

This Arranged Marriage with the Jerk Kris Wu

I broke away from Kris, who had wrapped his arms around me and had deepened the kiss, in an attempt to catch my breath.

“Hanbyul, I don’t understand anything that has happened today.” Kris, whose cheeks were flushed, said.  “I mean, first I walk in because Yuri wanted to discuss our next project, and then Lu Han confesses his secret love for you, and then you kiss—”

“Are you still gonna say stupid stuff?” I replied.

“You kissed me.”

“Yeah.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious.”  I rolled my eyes.  (I notice that when I become extra nervous, I tend to be more irritating and -y than usual).

“I thought that you hated me.”

I took a deep breath.  “No, you idiot.  Look, you may be irritating, slightly disgusting, and odd, but I…” Pausing, I frowned, as I noticed a big stupid grin appearing on his big stupid face. 

“Go on, Hanbyul-ah.”

“I find you…bearable…sometimes.” I blushed again.  Curse the flow of blood.

He sighed.  “I’ll take that.  Love you too, gorgeous.”

THIS IDIOT IS SO IRRITATING OH HUMANITY I JUST WANT TO READ SOME MANGA DAMMIT NOT BE IN A MANGA I DEMAND A BETTER STORY.  HOW CAN SOMEONE’S DATING LIFE TURN OUT THIS WAY, HUH?  WHAT KIND OF A FOOL WOULD EVEN PUT UP WITH THIS GUY?  oh wait.

“But someday, I’ll get you to say that you love me.” He winked.

GAHHHHH CAN I JUST—

“Congratulations, Hanbyul.” Lu Han patted me on the back.  “Glad to see that the two of you finally made some progress.  Maybe I should make a shoujo manga based on the two of you.  I bet people would enjoy that.”

“Oh don’t you ing dare,” I grumbled.

Yuri, who seemed to be in shock about the whole fiasco, eventually congratulated the two of us as well.  “You know, despite everything that happened today and the way that you confessed, I’d say that it was…a success.  I don’t know how, but today was a success.”

“Thanks, unnie.  None of this would’ve happened without you.”

“Ha, exactly what I want to hear.”

“Hanbyul-ah, was that your first kiss?” Kris asked eagerly.

Trying to refrain from strangling him, I shook my head.  “Who do you think I am?  Of course not.”

“Eh?  Really?” He seemed slightly disappointed, but then another smile spread across his face.  “But it was your most memorable one, right?”

I started to take deep breaths.  Serenity now, Hanbyul.  But as soon as he turned around, I really started to think about the date of my first kiss…dammit.  But…but…wasn’t there a guy in intermediate school?  I must’ve kissed that guy from intermediate school.  Dammit, there’s no way that Kris of all people was my first…

 

<:>

 

“Now that we’re dating, there are some things that I want to discuss with you,” Kris said while we sat in his fancy- car.  I had said goodbye to Lu Han and Yuri at the restaurant, since Kris had offered to take me home, and a free car ride is almost always a good thing.

“Okay.”

“First—”

“Woah woah,” I replied immediately.  “When you say ‘first’, that’s implying that you’re going to have a whole long list of rules that you expect me to follow, and I am not having any of that—”

“Hanbyul-ah,” Kris replied.  “Just listen.”

“Fine.”

“First, let’s start going out seriously.”

“What does that mean?”

He sighed.  “Let’s actually try to be a couple this time around.  Like, we can go to see movies, have dinner at restaurants—”

“Oh, I like restaurants.”

“—and we can do romantic stuff, y’know?”

“I like restaurants, Kris.”

“I know you do.” He smiled.  “Second, the wedding.”

I paused, as I had almost forgotten about the wedding.  “Kris…I’m not ready for marriage at all.  I mean, I’m not mature enough, and there are so many preparations—”

“Don’t worry about it, Hanbyul.  It will have to happen sometime, but now that we’re on the same page, there isn’t as much of a rush to get married.”

I nodded.  Finally, he’s starting to make sense.

“Also, what do you think about children?”

And I take that back.  “I don’t really think I’m ready for that.”

“I was just joking, Hanbyul.”

Thank goodness.

“And finally…”

“Yeah?”

“Can we kiss again?”