oo8

A Thousand Miles
 

Chapter 8 : Because i'm your girl - Music (optional)

 

"Aera?" Aera turned her head around to the voice calling her out.

"Yes? May I help you-Oh you're Jinhee right? We met at the photoshoot yesterday!" 

"Hi, Aera." She bowed at Aera.

"No, need too." Aera's eyes wandered to Jinhee's name tag. "Oh, you're wearing our uniform. Are you going here now?"

"Oh that ... my father transferred me here."

"Thats great! We can be friends then! what year are you?"

"I'm a third year and you?" 

"Oh, that .. i'm only a second year. We won't have any classes together then, unless its the extra classes." 

"Um, I'm a bit lost here. Do you happen to perhaps know where the gym is?" 

"Ah, the gym. Have you been to the Arts Buiding?" She nodded. "Alright the gym building is right next to it."

"Ah, is that so? Thank you so much Aera."

"No, problem! If you need help just find me around here." 

 
 

° ❈ °

 

"SCORE!" Dongwoo shot a piece of paper into the trashcan. "Thats 5 to 3, pay up Sunggyu." He sighed and took out $10. 

"Here, happy?" Sunggyu took out wadded cash and handed it to Myungsoo.

"Always." Dongwoo turned to Myungsoo who was leaning back on his chair. "Hey, Myungsoo."

"What?"  

"What's with the face? Did you have another fight with your dad?" 

"Yeah."

"What was it about now?" Sunggyu turned his chair around. 

"Same old, same old. My dad wants me to start attending business meetings so I can learn how to be a businessman like my brother, so I argued with him." 

"But you're going to need to one way or another you know, you're going to need a job to support you and Aera in the future."

"How about music? I'll find something to do with it, maybe we can be in a group together or maybe i'll just open myself up a photography studio." 

"Thats your dream Myungsoo, we'd love to become famous with you but that life isn't cut out for us, Music is just a hobby and photography isn't something for us but we'll be on the sidelines cheering you on though." Sunggyu patted his shoulder.

"Thanks, Hyung. I'd love it if you guys joined me but you guys have to follow your own dreams too."

"Well stand by your side and support you." Woohyun put his thumb up.

"Now, I just have to convince my dad to let me to-" Myungsoo fell back on his seat. 

"Are you okay-" Both Sunggyu and Woohyun stood up, eyes widened at the door. 

"No way." They both whispered.

"Class, we will have a new student to our music class. You may introduce yourself." 

"Hello, My name is Jinhee, i'm the new transferee please take care of me." Woohyun and Sunggyu quickly helped  Myungsoo back up while the teacher directed Jinhee to her seat.  

 

° ❈ °

 

The bell rang loudly for the students to change classes and they all flocked out into the hallway. The three of them walked out but someone taped Myungsoo's shoulder.

"Myungsoo? Can I talk to you?" Woohyun and Sunggyu looked at each other and then abandoned Myungsoo. He rolled his eyes and turned around to Jinhee.

"What?"

"Can I have a private chat with you?"

"I have classes to go to."

"I thought we were on break right now?" Caught.

"What do you want to talk about?" There stood silence as the hallway cleared up. Myungsoo and Jinhee walked up to the window. 

"How have you been doing?" She bit her lips and looked at him nervously.

"Fine without you, why?"

"Are you still mad about that?"

"Am I still mad? Of course I have every right to be mad and I still am till this very day-"

"Will you ever give me a second chance?" He furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Give you a second chance? Are you that stupid? I'm getting married in 3 days. I thought by now you'd learn your lesson."

"I know its an arranged marriage Myungsoo." 

"Who did you hear that from?"

"I overheard your parents at the photoshoot."

"Okay, fine its an arranged marriage that doesn't mean i'm going to go back to you."

"But I still think about you Myungsoo, I know what I did was a mistake and I still love you."

"I don't love you anymore, you're just in the past for me. I only have feelings for Aera."

"But you don't love Aera, I know you guys aren't really in love. How is a marriage going to work if thats not shown?"

"Its going to work out, i've already set my heart on her and we're going to work things out ourselves." Myungsoo walked away from Jinhee but she held onto his wrist. "And your not involved in it." 

"Will you at least think about this? Don't forget that i'm not the only one who knows about this." He pulled his wrist free and walked off. 

 

° ❈ °

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes and took a deep breathe before opeing the door to his house. He had never felt comfortable in his own house, the place he really only liked was his bedroom, the kitchen of course and the backyard; he just didn't want anything to do with his family since they were their own family. He jogged upstairs to put his things down and came back down to the kitchen to grab somethings to eat. 

"I'm really glad to hear this, maybe this'll be something that Myungsoo would be interested in once." 

"What will I be intrested in." Myungsoo walked in the room but came to a sudden stop when he saw who was sitting on the couch. Jinhee. 

"Jinhee's workplace is holding a competition for photography, if you take the best picture you'll win $50,000." Myungsoo nodded. 

"Will you enter Myungsoo? We could enter as a pair-"

"I'll enter with my wife, who would've known you'd would be the one to bring us closer." He smiled and left the room. There's no way i'm going to enter with you or enter at all, its not worth my time.

"Wait!" 

"I'm sorry Jinhee, I would ask him to be a pair in this competition but you know how stubborn he is ... once he set his mind on something he'll do anything to achieve." 

"No, thats okay. I'll look on them both as good competition." 

 

° ❈ °

 

"Myungsoo?" Dujoon knocked on his door. "Can I have a talk with you?" He twisted the knob and opened the door. 

"Go away, I'm not in the mood to fight with you."  Myungsoo tapped on his phone. Dujoon sighed and closed the door, he walked up next to Myungsoo and sat on the bed. 

"I heard you are ranked #1 in your grade level, you've finally reached #1 after working so hard. I'm really proud of you."

"And so what? My one #1 rank doesn't compare to your infinite #1 rankings."

"Are you not going to let that go?"

"Nope, not until the day I die .... which is not near yet so no, i'm not letting it go."

"Look Myungsoo, is this the only reason why you hate me so much? Because dad is always all over me and my business?"

"Sure." 

"You know, i'd do anything to be you right now." 

"Why? You're smart, you have a wife who is a famous fashion designer and you always travel with her and you're dads favorite and-"

"But i'm not you. I wish I had your life you know, your life is so much easier than mine. Being the oldest child I was always burdened and dad was the most strict around me because I was the one that was to lead everyone. I feel like my world is so restricted, as for you dad lets you do anything you want and he knows you can fend for yourself, thats why he isn't all over you ... he knows you're going to be okay." 

"Thats the same thing Aera said." Myungsoo put down his phone and smiled. "She told me the same thing ...."

"You like her don't you?" He noticed the smile on Myungsoo's face. 

"I'm marrying her not you, you don't need to worry." 

"Does she make you happy?"

"Yea-why does it matter, its my business." 

"As long as she makes you happy then i'm happy too, though this is an arranged marriage she's a great girl Myungsoo. You ought to take care of her real good, she's like a ray of sunshine ... don't let her fade into the dark clouds."  He got up and left Myungsoo's room. Myungsoo went to the gallery and went through the photo's he secretly took of Aera at the wedding photoshoot. 

"We haven't even met that long, and we met on bad terms .... what did you do to me?"

 


Chapter 8 done! How'd you like it? Do you, oh you know, notice how Myungsoo's acts different when he is with Aera? And I know I went MIA for about near a weeks but I had a legit excuse. The whole Kris and Exo thing just shattered my heart and one of my friends past away due to a bad car accident and I was really depressed and I couldn't write at all, everytime I did I just cried but i'm back now and recovering. I know this chapter isn't great but i'll do better, its a filler chappie& I promise and did any of you see infinite's last romeo performance? UGh, perfection.

Comment, Subscribe, UpVote! Thanks for reading~