o15

A Thousand Miles

Chapter 15 : Camp gone wrong - Music (optional)

Aera's head lay upon Myungsoo's as they both fell asleep on the ride to the campgrounds. In the middle of Myungsoo's sleep he grabbed Aera's hands and laced her fingers with is. All of a sudden the bus hit a bump and woke both of them up. 

"We're here kids! Wake up or you'll be left on the bus!" Mrs. Lee rang her little bell. Half awake Aera grabs Dasom from across the aisle and walks out without Myungsoo. 

"Have you seen Jinhee?" Aera rubbed her eyes. 

"Why are you so tired, what did you and Myungsoo do last night?" Dasom laughs. 

"We didn't do anything, why is your mind so dirty Dasom." 

"Hey, I was just wondering how marriage life is." She nudged Aera. "Looks interesting, I want to try marriage life too."

"Your dad will kill you."

"I know, don't need to remind me about it."

"Yah, how can you just leave me hanging like that?" Myungsoo stomps to Aera with his bookbag in his hand. 

"You were taking too long so I just went." He dropped his bag by Aera's feet and goes behind her. "What are you doing?" 

"I'm still sleepy Aera, just let me sleep on your shoulder okay?" 

"Dork." She ruffled his hair. 

"LEE DASOM!"

"Oh god." Dasom face palmed herself. "Why does he have to be so loud." 

"Sungyeol, Sungjong. Hello!" Aera waved to the two coming down the hill. 

"My baby!" Sungyeol ran and attacked Dasom with a huge hug.

"Yah, their watching." Dasom pinked. 

"Aigoo, my baby is so cute." 

"Hey, guys!" Sungjong waved. "Oh, is Myungsoo hyung sick or something?"

"Don't bother me." He mumbled. 

"He's just tired from last night." Sungjong's eyes widened. 

"Yah." He whispered. 

"No, no. Its not like that Sungjong, we took MyungRa to the park yesterday and Myungsoo's tired from chasing her around."

"Ah, I see. Hm, I thought something was going on." Sungjong sighed and looked at the two couples. "I am such a third wheel here, I could've just stayed home." 

"Don't say that." She looked back and patted Myungsoo's head. "Tired aren't you?"

"Yeah." He nuzzled his nose on her neck. 

"Oh." Aera spotted Jinhee getting off of the bus. She stopped and made contact with Aera and turned right.

"Wait, Jinhee!" 

 

 

 

"This is so unfair, I should be able to sleep with my wife." Myungsoo crossed his arms and pursed his lips. 

"Gee, thanks for the help." Sungyeol and Sunjong yelled out. He ignored them and turned around and watched the three girls giggle at each other. He couldn't help but smile at how cute Aera was, he pouted, he wasn't going to be able to sleep with her for a whole week. 

"AH!" Myungsoo suddenly yelled out. 

"Yah, just because you have a wife does not mean you get to lazy out on things. Come help us fix the bedding." 

"Alright, alright." He rubbed his ear and stepped in the tent with them but when he went in the bedding was already fixed up.

"Yah, the bedding is already fixed up." 

"Stop nagging so much." Sungjong pulled him in and checked the coast before zipping the tent up. 

"Okay, lets get to business. Since our 4 hyungs are on another trip its just the three of us so we need to keep strong."

"Hyung, what are you talking about?" Myungsoo turns to Sungyeol. 

"Don't you have a weird feeling about Jinhee though, I mean she's being really quiet right now." 

"Yeah, what Sungjong said. I don't feel comfortable about Jinhee hanging around my baby and Aera." 

"I don't know man. I mean, other than saying some harsh things she hasn't physically done anything yet." 

"But that makes it even more weirder, don't you think?"

"What has she said to you so far?"

"She says that she's going to get me back and tell about our arranged marriage. I mean I don't care about her telling that secret, they won't believe her anyways, she's got no friends." 

"Did she say something about hurting Aera?" 

"Now that I think about it thought I heard her said she was going to hurt Aera or was I going deaf?" Sungjong scratched his head. 

"But then, Aera keeps on wanting to friend Jinhee and they are always together somehow too." 

"Myungsoo?" Aera s their tent. 

"Yes love." 

"Mrs. Lee says to get ready, we're going to go hiking a little bit and then comeback to eat." He turns around and kisses Aera's nose. 

"I got it Mrs. Kim." Aera pouts and pinches his lips. 

"Hurry up and come. Don't make me drag you out." She pointed at him. 

"He smile is so beautiful." Sungyeol put his hand on his heart. 

"Stare at your own girl." 

"I know, I know. Possesive much? I was just admiring our sweeheart." Myungsoo threw a pillow at Sungyeol's head. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright class, listen up now. We will be having a hiking race, here are the rules :

  • You will each choose a partner and only one partner
  • You both have to stick together no matter what and carry a flashlight each.
  • You cannot leave each other sides and remain together at all times. 

There will be a yellow flag tied to a tree, the first team to find it and bring it to me will get a free test pass that you can use in any test. There will be a loud siren noise and when you hear that, that means the game is over and you'll all come back so we can eat before going to sleep. Anything questions?" The students all shook their heads. "Good, now go and find your partner." 

"Jinhee, would you like to be my partner?" Aera pops up beside her. 

"What about Myungsoo?" 

"He'll be okay, he has Sungjong."

"Aera lets be ..." Myungsoo's voice dropped when he saw Aera's arm around Jinhee's arm. 

"Sorry, Jinhee is my partner you can be partners with Sungjong." 

"Yah, I should be your partner, i'm your husband." He puts his hands on his hips.

"Oops." Aera grins. "Better go find Sungjong before he gets taken. Bye!" Aera and Jinhee walked to the teacher to get their equipment and went to wait at the starting line. 

"Is everyone ready?" Mrs. Lee shouted.

"Yes!" Everyone shouted. 

"Alright, the game will start in 3, 2, 1!" She blew the whistle and all of the students went into the forest. Aera and Jinhee ran left and Myungsoo was about to follow but Sungjong dragged him to the right while Sungyeol and Dasom went straight forward. 

 

 

 

 

"So, Jinhee. Can I ask you something?" Aera asks as she breaks up a loose branch.

"Anything." she smiled.

"I hope I don't offend you or anything but have you and Myungsoo met before? It seems like you two know each other."

"We dated back then." Jinhee continued to stare forward. 

"Really? Wow, i'm sorry then." 

"What are you sorry for?" Jinhee chuckles. 

"I didn't know that you two dated and I just did all that cutesy stuff and ..." 

"You're fine, Myungsoo probably just wanted to protect you from me and you both are married after all." 

"Protect me? You haven't done anything wrong, why would I need protecting?" 

"He told me the same thing but Myungsoo left me on our 1 year anniverary." 

"What?! Thats so mean,  I ought to beat him up for being so disrespectful towards you."

"You don't need to."

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Aera curiously asked. "I mean not because i'm jealous of anything I was just curious ..."

"A little bit but don't worry, unnie will never take him away from you. Myungsoo is just a friend now." She ruffled Aera's hair. "He's yours until you die." 

"He's so rude sometimes though, he is always joking around with me but I think its cute." 

"He's like that, he has his rude and stubborn side but he's a real softy inside." 

"You know him well, you two must have been close." She nods. 

"I'm guessing your marriage with Myungsoo is going well." 

"I guess you can say that, he's a big whiny baby."

"Speaking of babies, are you guys planning on having one soon?" 

"Oh, no." She shook her head. "I'm way too young, I want to wait till I graduate."

"Don't lie to unnie, by the time I know it .... your belly will have a bump." She tickles Aera's stomach. "And he's really great with kids so he'll make an amazing father."

"Really?" 

"Yeah, we use to baby sit my little nephew all the time. He told me he wanted 50 kids."

"Oh my god! Thats what he told me too but I said no. I don't want to go through all of that, 3 kids is enough for me." 

"You guys will make the cutest babies if you ever have kids." 

"I think so too." Aera laughed. "I hope our kids will have our looks, talents and smartness. How about you?"

"I don't know about having my own kids, i'm still much too busy with achieving my goals." Jinhee turned to the side and Aera was gone. "Aera?" 

"Unnie, can you wait here? I have to take a quick restroom break." She said from behind.

"What if someone see's you? Its not safe for you to go alone."

"I'll be okay, just stay here till I come back." 

 

 

 

 

"Ah, feels so much better." Aera her flashlight and walked up happily until she heard a siren go off. formed an O as she sprinted up the hill. 

"Jinhee Unnie! I'm so sorry-" She quickly jogged back  but stopped when she got to the top of the little hill.

"Unnie .. where are you?" There was suddenly a loud scratching noise and Aera's heart started to beat fast as she slowly turned around.

"Unnie, that that you? Unnie, answer me don't scare me like that. Unnie! Please answer me, are you oka-" Rain started pouring from the sky and Aera did her best to find Jinhee before leaving but she couldn't find her. He flashlight started to die as the rain soaked in.

"No, no. Don't die on me." She tried to turned it back on but it was dead. "What do I do? I can't see anything." She tried adjusting her eyes to the darkness as she walked around the forest but she couldn't really see anything but shadows here and there. 

"Unnie, where are yo-AHHHHH!" 

 

 

 


Dear god where has my brain gone? major major writers block on this chapter.  Btw if you don't mind please check out the forward to my next fic here.

COmment, Subscribe and UpVote! Thanks for reading~