o35

A Thousand Miles

 

 

Chapter 35 : Waking Up. - Music (optional)

Since this is the last chapter, it might be a little lengthy.

 

 
"Myungsoo, where are your hands?"
 
 
"In your hands." Aera stared down at her hands and she was trembling. She stopped and moved him back.
 
 
"Wait a little, let me close this." He pulled down the trunk and locked it. He stepped onto the sidewalk and gave her a warm hug. She placed her arms around his and buried her face in his chest. 
 
 
"I'm scared." She mumbled.
 
 
"Don't be, i'm right here." He brushed the hair on her head and rocked her from side to side.
 
 
"I, um ... I have something to show you." He let her go and blinked at her.
 
 
"What is it?"
 
 
"You'll know when you get there but first let's go walk around the neighborhood to get your nerves out first. Is that okay?" 
 
 
"Okay. I guess that'll be nice." She smiled and looked down. 
 
 
"Up here." He whispered. She looked up and he pressed his lips on hers. 
 
 
"Let's go beautiful." He placed right hand out and Aera placed her's in his. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Do have any thoughts of what to do now?" Myungsoo asked. 
 
 
"Like what?" Aera placed her arm around his and rested her head on his shoulder. 
 
 
"I guess just thoughts on getting married again and hopefully starting a family too." 
 
 
"I'm kind of scared to be honest." 
 
 
"There's no need to be scared, nothings stopping us now."
 
 
"I don't think I want any kids at the moment." She suddenly blurted out.
 
 
"I thought we've discussed this hav-"
 
 
"You didn't let me finish; I mean of course we can try for one and it'll be harder since all this has happened to me but it doesn't have to be so soon you know, let's take our time, we're still young and we have a lot of things to think about for our future." 
 
 
"Maybe you're right, we can't just rush things." He swung her arm slowly.
 
 
"Speaking of rushing things, our marriage is pretty interesting with so much happening, especially within a year." 
 
 
"Like that time you stole my first kiss." She whispered. 
 

"I stole your first kiss?" He laughed outloud. "Nu-uh! Really?"
 
 
"I told you didn't I?" 
 
 
"I don't recall you telling me in the past but i'm pretty sure my reaction would still be the same, I was your first as well wasn't I?"
 
 
"That's not the point." 
 
 
"My wife is so cute, come here and let me pinch your cheeks."
 
 
"Technically, we aren't married anymore." Aera shot out her comment. He took his hands off her cheeks and looked down. She grabbed his hands but he attacked her with an even harder pinch on her cheeks.
 
 
"But we will soon because we're going to get married again soon." 
 
 
"I thought you were mad, sorry."
 
 
"Are you crazy, you've used that joke on me so many times when I brought up this. I'm used to it now, you-"  Aera shrugged and ran the bench that was near the lake and crossed her arms as she sat down. Myungsoo laughed and chased after her. He came and sat next to her but when she moved away, he'd move even closer. 
 
 
"Don't be mad, be glad." 
 
 
"Who said I was mad? Just like what you'd say, I'm use to this already ... I just wanted to see the river before it goes dark and then we go see my parent's and I was just playing with you." She crossed her arms.
 
 
"Are you tired?" He asked.
 
 
"A little, why?" He gave his legs a pat. 
 
 
"Lay your head on my lap and take a short rest, don't worry my head will block the sunlight." She nodded and laid her head on his lap. 
 
 
"Myungsoo?"
 
 
"Hm?"
 
 
"Nothing."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you ready now?" Myungsoo squeezed her hand.
 

"Maybe?" She tilted her head to the side with a pout. "My heart is racing really fast right now, I'm scared."
 
 
"There's no reason to be scared, I'll take the lead from here. It's suppose to be my job isn't it?" He smiled. 
 
 
"Yeah, so do good okay." She gave a thumbs up with her free hand. She reached up and fixed his hair. "Do well." 
 
 
"You too love." He kissed her nose. 
 
 
"But .."
 
 
"But what?"
 
 
"You press the bell for me." She said with eyes not leaving Myungsoo's. 
 
 
"Don't need to." 
 
 
"Why not?" 
 

"Well ..." He gestured to the door with his head. She turned her attention to the door. 
 
 
"Mom, Da-" A bunch of people started to pile up behind her parents. She blinked her eyes at them and to Myungsoo and did this back and forth staring for a few seconds. Everyone was here, literally everyone.
 
 
"I hope you're not mad with me, I've contacted everyone before we arrived here. Just to make things easier for you so you're weren't so stressed. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you ahead of time." 
 
 
"Why didn't you tell me ahead of time? I would've understood."
 
 
"Well then that'll ruin the suprise wouldn't it?" Daesung smiled. 
 
 
"Let's go to the backyard, your Big Bang buddies are going to throw a BBQ party for you." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Now that we're situated, tell us how Greece was!" Myungsoo's grandma shouted. Aera looked at Myungsoo and made a funny face. Do you want to tell them? She mouthed. He shrugged his shoulders and grabbed her hands and smiled. 
 
 
"Well, Greece was really nice. We rented a little house near the beach and every moment of it was amazing, the food, the entertainment and this person here." He gave her hands a slight squeeze. 
 
 
"Were there any hot gi-" Dasom turned around and smacked Sungyeol's arm. 
 
 
"Watch what you are saying." 
 
 
"That's how it is, make sure you have a good grip on your man." Myungsoo's grandma shouted. "Smack some sense into him."
 
 
"Grandma, i'm the man so I'll take control of things here hah-"
 
 
"Truthfully men are a little weak." Yoona laughed and Dasom gave her a high five.
 
 
"What do you mean weak?" Dujoon and Sungyeol shouted at the same time. 
 
 
"You guys here, should learn from us." Sungjong laid back in his chair and sipped his soda. 
 
 
"Yeah, what Sungjong said. We are the one's who can't be tamed." Woohyun pointed to him and the crowd, who consisted of Sunggyu, Sungjong, Dongwoo and Hoya. 
 
 
"Or you guys just can't get any at all." Myungsoo's dad came and sat down with drinks. 
 
 
"Drink up guys." 
 
 
"Woah, Mr. Kim! You shot me right through my heart." Dongwoo placed his palm on his chest . 
 
 
"Stop messing with them." Mrs. Kim scolded him. 
 
 
"We're sorry to interrupt but we have schedules so we have to leave now."  Jiyong stood up gave everyone a handshake. 
 
 
"Now, you Kim Myungsoo." Taeyang pointed. "Seriously this time, if you don't treat our Aera right then i'll come and make sure your life is miserable." 
 
 
"I promise i'll take care of her." 
 
 
"Aera, if he gives you a hard time call me, you still have my number right?" Seungri asked. 
 
 
"You're scaring him, don't worry. I still have your number."
 
 
"It's okay, no pressure right?" Seungri placed his hand on Myungsoo's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.
 
 
"Take care of her buddy." 
 
 
"I will." 
 
 
"Goodbye everyone!" They all said before leaving. Dasom blew a kiss to Daesung and Sungyeol smacked her hand down. 
 
 
"Um, I'm so sorry." Aera said.  
 
 
"It's okay." Myungsoo's father spoke out. "What is done is done so let it stay in the past, from now on just love each other and  cherish each other."
 
 
"We've all talked about this with Myungsoo's parents and there's no use of trying to seperate you two anymore, you both will somehow find a way to come back together." 
 
 
"Mom, dad. Mother and father in law, I'm so sorry; it's all my fault."
 
 
"It's my fault as well." Aera and Myungsoo smiled at each other and he kissed her forehead. 
 
 
"But, you must remember son." Aera's dad sat up. "This will be the last chance that we give you and Aera, if something happens then we will not hesitate to take her back and go to another country." 
 
 
"And, if you do something to our daughter in law, we will cut your card and make you live off of the streets. Do you hear?"
 
 
"Yes, mom."
 
 
"And!" His grandmother stood up. "I still want grandchildren, from you two." She pointed. 
 
 
"Speaking of grandchildren, Yoona is expecting." Dujoon smiled.
 
 
"I thought you were already expecting?" Aera asked.
 
 
"Oh, that was a false alarm. It's for real this time, we went to the doctor." Yoona blushed. 
 
 
"Congrats!" 
 
 
"Thank you, now you two need to catch up soon." 
 
 
"We will try again tonight." Myungsoo laughed. 
 

"Yah, what do you mean tonight? I'm tired at the moment." 
 
 
"But you won't be tired tonight." He leaned in to kiss her but she blocked him with her hands.
 
 
"Get a room!" Sungjong shouted.
 
 
"At least I can get some." He laughed. 
 
 
"Laugh while you can, just sleep with one eye open." 
 
 
"Alright, you guys stop fighting." Aera's dad got up and sighed. "I think it's time for you guys to go back to your house, it's pretty late." 
 
 
"Your dad's right, it's late. You guys go home and well clean up." 
 
 
"Are you sure?" Aera stood up.
 
 
"I'm sure." She nodded.
 
 
"We have a suprise for you guys as well." Dasom winked at Aera. "Go, go!" She shooed them away. "Have fun!" 
 
 
"Ah, MyungRa is waiting for you guys at out house. And MyungRa is sleeping at our house, don't forget to pick her up tomorrow afternoon." 
 
"Now, go." 
 
 
"I guess that's our cue. Let's go."  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"How does it feel to be back home?" Myungsoo sat on the bed and dried his hair off. Aera slightly turned her head and smiled at him. 
 
"It feels nice, I feel like everything has been lifted off my shoulders." She went silent for a few minutes and then spoke again. "Thank you."
 
 
"For what?" 
 
 
"For arranging all of this just for me." He grinned and walked to the other side of the bed to sit next to Aera. 
 
 
"It was nothing." He nudged her shoulders. "I did it because I love you." 
 
 
"I love you too." 
 
 
"You tired?" He asked. 
 
 
"Yeah." She sighed. "Hurry and get dressed, let's go to sleep." 
 
 
"I don't feel like sleeping yet." 
 
 
"Then, you can stay up and do whatever you want until you are sleepy." 
 
 
"Okay." He turned around and pinned her down.
 
 
"Myungsoo, what a-"
 
 
"I was serious about what I said." 
 
 
"But i'-
 
 
"Sh." He placed his finger on her lips and laughed. 
 
 
"Let's make grandma's wish come true." He pulled the blankets on top of them. 
 
 
"Myungsoo, that tickles. Ahaha, Myungsoo that tickles!" 
 
 

 

 
 
So this is the end. I re-wrote this so many times to make it a good ending but this is all I could come up with, I hope it was enjoyable to some sorts. I tried to write it as much as I could which was why it took so long, I've had a lot of personal problems going on so it put a hold on things. Thank you to everyone who read this and subscribed, upvoted or commented. Thank you so much for reading this not good story and I appreciate all of you:) 
 
Any comment, nice or critism is accepted. Tell me what you honestly thought about my fic, tell me your opinions on what I did good and what I need to improve in future stories. Much love, Angel.