o25

A Thousand Miles

Chapter 25 : Taking a step Back- Music (optional)

 

There was a chill in the air as Aera sat on the front stairs staring at the grass. Her heart sank lower and lower as she heard Jinhee's chirping and giggling; that was about all she could hear from the kitchen. She suddenly felt the weight of soft fabric on her shoulders.
 
"It's really cold out here, you could get sick." Aera's mother came and sat by her daughters side.
 
"Why didn't you touch your food Aera, are you sick?" She placed her hand on Aera's forehead.
 
"No." Aera shortly answered. 
 
"Tell me."
 
"Tell you what?" 
 
"Why are you like this? Did you two get in an arguement?" Aera shook her head again.
 
"What is it? What is making my little Aera sad?" She pulled Aera into a hug and leaned her head on top of Aera's. She looked down when she heard sniffing. 
 
"Why are you crying?" 
 
"I'm pregnant mom, you know ... pregnant woman have crazy emotional levels." Aera laughed.
 
"You haven't changed one bit, you always try to laugh off your feelings, if you don't take care of them someone will manipulate you." She paused and took a deep breath. "Why did you let her come in and act like that? Your dad and I are thinking about getting a restraining order, we are very worried-" 
 
"Mom." Aera cut her mother off.
 
"What is it?"
 
"I love you and I love daddy. You two are my favorite people on earth."
 
"What about Myungsoo?"
 
"I love you guys more than Myungsoo." 
 
"Don't say that. He might hear and get jealous." 
 
"He won't get jealous."
 
"I ..." Her mother suddenly had a sad smile and  looked down.
 
"You what?" 
 
"I'm sorry to force you into an arranged marriage, I know its not how you imagined things to be." 
 
"No, I'm glad you did ... if not, I don't think I'd find my true love. We-" The doors suddenly swung open up.
 
"Get out of my house and never come here!" Myungsoo pointed out the door. Aera's mom helped her up and they moved to the side of the door.
 
"Myungsoo, Aera gave me permission to-"
 
"Don't give me any of that bull Jinhee! I was trying to have dinner with my family and your annoying existence showed up, you even made my wife so uncomfortable she left." 
 
"But-"
 
"LEAVE NOW!" Myungsoo shouted. "If you don't i'll call the police and make sure your arrest is made public to everyone in this country!" 
 
"Fine. Be expecting me .." She slipped her heels back on and turned around to Aera. 
 
"Jinhee ..."
 
"You remember right?" She whispered to Aera and she nodded. "Alright, goodbye everyone! Goodbye sister and bro in law along with my new parents." She kissed goodbye and left in her car. 
 
"Is she crazy or something." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"It's cold out here, why aren't you covering yourself up." Myungsoo placed a blanket around her shoulders and hugged her from behind. 
 
"Why aren't you sleeping?" 
 
"Shouldn't I be asking you this question?" 
 
"I couldn't sleep, I had too much on my mind." 
 
"About the baby?" Aera nodded and turned around, she laid her head on his chest.
 
"I'm very scared about my future. What will you do if i'm not around?" 
 
"Why wouldn't you be around? Stop talking nonsense."
 
"I'm serious." She looked up at him. 
 
"If you're sick or anything just tell me, i'll make sure to get the best treatment and make sure you never go anywhere." He tightened his grip on her. 
 
"I'm not sick, its just if something ever happens to me know that I did it for you." 
 
"Don't scare me like this." He placed his chin on her head and closed his eyes. 
 
"I won't let you go anywhere. We were brought together for a reason and i'm not letting it slip away." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Myungsoo turned around in his sleep and placed his arms on the other side of the bed to hug Aera but heard crumples of paper instead. He rubbed his eyes and slowly opened them. He picked up the paper and read it outloud. 
 
"I went to school first, I needed to do some extra studying with Dasom." He got up and went to the bathroom. 
 
"Why didn't she wake me up? Its dangerous for her to go alone." 
 
He took a quick shower, blow dryed his hair and put his uniform on. Grabbing his car keys Myungsoo ran downstairs and out to his car. He made way towards the school and a pool of fan girls waited for him at the parking lot, he had to call the school's security to removed all the screaming girls so he could get into school and when he did he was stopped.
 
"Myungsoo." Woohyun crossed his arms and blocked Myungsoo. 
 
"What's wrong?" 
 
"Here." He handed Myungsoo a card. 
 
"What is this for?"  
 
"This is a the schedule card for today, go to the hospital right after school and my mom will take care off things for you."
 
"Thanks." Myungsoo smiled and glanced at the card.
 
"I forgot your mom works where Aera's brother is hospitalized, by the way, where is everybody?" 
 
"At the gymnasium, we have guest speakers from colleges and stuff and they have booths set up for us." 
 
"Have you seen Aera?"
 
"She's with Sungyeol and Dasom. She came early today and without you, did you guys fight?" 
 
"No, she wanted to come study with Dasom."
 
"Right, forgot about that." Woohyun pushed Myungsoo from the back and took him to the gym. 
 
"She's right there." Woohyun pointed.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Did you eat breakfeast this morning? I didn't know you left already so I didn't cook anything for you." 
 
"It's okay I ate with Dasom this morning." 
 
"Next time wake me up so I can accompany you okay?" Aera smiled and nodded. 
 
"Are you tired?" 
 
"No, i'm fine."
 
"After school, lets go to the doctor and check on the baby." He crouched down and kissed her stomach.. 
 
"Myungsoo, not here. It's embarassing." He stood back up and glanced behind him. 
 
"They seem to think it's cute." He pointed to Sungyeol who had a huge smile on his face while clamping his hand over Dasom's mouth. 
 
"You, need to be careful okay." 
 
"I know, you don't need to worry." Myungsoo nodded and laced his fingers with Aera's. 
 
"Um .."
 
"Do you need something?" 
 
"Can you get me something to drink?" 
 
"Yeah, yeah. What do you want to drink?"
 
"Just a bottle of water." 
 
"Okay, stay right here." Myungsoo patted her head and headed for the vending machines in the hallways. 
 
"Dasom, come with me." 
 
"Why? He'll be-" Aera had already grabbed her hands. 
 
"Sungyeol, tell Myungsoo i'll be back in a little."
 
"Okay!" He yelled back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Why are you dragging me here?"
 
"I have to tell you something." 
 
"Why didn't  you tell me in the gym?" 
 
"I'm going to tell you something but you can't tell anyone okay? I'm only telling you this because I trust you as my best friend and you absolutely cannot tell anyone." 
 
"You're scaring me, if you're going to say something then say it." Dasom grabbed Aera's hand and held onto them.
 
"I ....." Aera closed her eyes.
 

MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK! I literally rewrote this chapter a gazillion times. Not really edited but hehe.

Comment, Subscribe and UpVote! Thanks for reading :)