o28

A Thousand Miles

Chapter 28 : Last Kiss- Music (optional)

 

"To be honest with you guys, by looking at the scans and tests before he past away, Taehyun seemed pretty healthy and was getting back on track to be well again but I'm not exactly sure what had happened. A possible explanation is that his heart might have suddenly stopped working since it was still weak but we will investigate what had happened so you guys don't have to worry." 
 
"Thank you doctor." 
 
"How soon can we arrange the funeral here?" 
 
"You can start right away if you want we-" Aera slowly shut the door and slid down to the floor. She brung up her knees and laid her head on top of it. 
 
"Aera, these are you for. I'm sorry for your loss." A high voice spoke. Aera got up and stood back up on her feet. 
 
"Are you doing okay right now?" She placed a hand on Aera's arm, and laid the flowers on her arm. Aera suddenly turned left when she heard a camera go off. 
 
"How did you know he passed away." Aera whispered.
 
"Myungsoo just texted me this news when I was in a middle of a photoshoot an hour ago and I had to come right away." Jinhee pulled Aera into a hug and whispered in her ear. 
 
"You're on video, if you don't want to make a fool of yourself and Myungsoo act like what the headlines say." Jinhee brought Aera down to sit and the camera crew sat on the other side. 
 
"Are you recording a tv show?" Aera nicely asked. 
 
"I am, my first episode came out a few weeks ago."
 
"That's nice, how's being a model?" 
 
"It's nice but how's your baby doing? and you too." 
 
"We're doing fine." 
 
"What are you doing?" Myungsoo calmly spoke in front of the camera's. 
 
"Myungsoo." Jinhee got up and ran to give him a hug. "How are you doing? I hope you're taking care of Aera well. She's carrying your child you know." 
 
"This is Myungsoo as you can see, handsome isn't he? And these are their friends." The camera's pointed to the rest and they awkwardly smiled. 
 
"This is Myungoo's parents and his grandmother and this is Aera's best friend Dasom." 
 
"Stop the camera's and take a break." He whispered and she nodded she signaled them to turn off the camera.
 
"We'll take a break first and come back in 30 minutes." The crew swiched off the camera and left for the cafeteria. Myungsoo sat the boxed lunch on the empty seat next to Aera. 
 
"What in the world do you think you are doing? How can you this at a time like this? Is this something that if funny to you?" 
 
"The question is, why are you even here?" Dasom walked up and pointed at her. 
 
"You know, I just heard it flowing around and just thought that I should come visit." 
 
"This isn't a play ground Jinhee, go home." Sunggyu warned her. 
 
"I just happened to drop by that's all, I just want to pay my respects." 
 
"Respect my ." Myungsoo whispered. He grabbed Aera's hand and pulled her behind him. 
 
"What is this? Are you all ganging up against me?" 
 
"How did you know I had a brother? I don't remember mentioning him around you." Jinhee stood up and shrugged. 
 
"I just found out." 
 
"How did you find out?"
 
"I came to visit my older sister, she uh had a baby and I just happened to drop by and see my family in distress." 
 
"We never were family and we'll never be family. I don't know what you've got going into your little brain Jinhee but I know more things than you think." 
 
"Are you trying to scare me? Because it isn't working." 
 
"Just get out!" Myungsoo pointed. 
 
"I'll be back soon, take care everyone! And i'll see you soon." She went and pecked his cheeks. 
 
"Goodbye." She waved before getting into the elevator.  
 
"Disrespectful." Myungsoo replied. He made way to where Aera was sitting and sat next to her. He held her face in his hands wiped away her tears. 
 
"Did she do anything to you?" He shook his head. "I should've had someone stay and watch you before we all went down to the cafeteria." 
 
"She didn't do anything to me, it's okay." 
 
"It's not okay Aera, she filmed this here without you knowing before hand and it's really disrespectful." 
 
"I-"  Sunggu sat across from the two and the others huddled to the chairs to make way for others.
 
"Aera, listen to what Myungsoo is saying. He's right, filming a show especially during a time like this is just down right disrespectful to your brother and your family."
 
"Listen to Sunggyu and if she wants anything don't hesitate to tell me because I will kick some . I will do everything to make sure you are protected." Sungyeol formed a fist and placed it on his heart. 
 
"Myungsoo, are you okay?" Dongwoo worringly asked. Myungsoo looked up and his throat dried up.
 
"Jinhee's an only child." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Excuse me." Woohyun, Sungjong and Hoya gathered around the register nurse. 
 
"We have a question to ask you, if you don't mind." Sungjong pushed Woohyun up. 
 
"Our friend, who is single, cough cough, has a question to ask." Hoya cooly flipped his hair. 
 
"I'm married." She laughed. 
 
"Well, that failed. I told you, she has a ring around her neck." Woohyun smacked Sungjong. 
 
"Well, ignoring that can we ask a question?"
 
"Go ahead." She smiled. 
 
"Okay, Mrs. Sohyun Choi. You were here all day weren't you?" 
 
"Pretty much." She nodded. 
 
"You know the man who just died this morning Taehyun, right?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Did you see that girl eariler with us that was with camera's right?" She nodded. 
 
"Was this the first time you saw her?" 
 
"No, when I came in to switch with the morning nurse I saw her coming out but since she's a celebrity I didn't question why she was wearing sunglasses and black attire, she told me she didn't want anyone knowing she came by." 
 
"But then why did she show up without anycover up when we came?" Sungjong questioned. 
 
"Huddle!" Woohyun whispered and they all turned around.
 
"But none of us came to visit Taehyun before he died." Hoya whispered.
 
"What time did you come in?" Woohyun turned his head around.
 
"I clocked in right when it turned 7am, why?" Woohyun turned around and told the other two to huddle. 
 
"She came to work right at 7am and saw Jinhee coming out of Taehyun's room, 30 minutes before the time of Taehyun's death as we are told from the doctors so that means Jinhee could of-"
 
"But anything could've happened, you have no proof an-" 
 
"Nurse Choi." Another nurse came up with a clipboard. 
 
"Nurse Lee, is there something you need?"
 
"Nurse Choi, you guys did not put any kind of medication into his IV drop did you?"
 
"No, we've never added any medication. Why?"
 
"The IV bag looks rather yellow in tint to me." 
 
"Did you have breakfast yet?" 
 
"I had to skip."
 
"I see why."
 
"Let's go." Woohyun mouthed. Hoya and Sungjong nodded and quietly left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Aera sat with her chin rested on top of her knees and stared blankly at the wall. Something kept on clicking in her head, the death of her brother seems to loop in her mind. He was fine the other day when they talked on the phone, he said he was happy about being able to be discharged and walk the street's again. Without another thought she turned her back around to everyone and rested her head on the wall. 

At the door, Yoona stands with her arms crossed and with Jiyong by her side. 
 
"She's been sitting like that for hours." Yoona brought her hands forward and laced them together. "I'm worried about here." 
 
"Where's Myungsoo?" 
 
"She won't talk with him, I don't if they had an arguement or something but she doesn't want him right now." 
 
"I'll go and talk to her."
 
"Grandma, she won't respond to you, she won't even talk with her parents." 
 
"Has she been silent all this time as well?" Yoona nodded. 
 
"Poor thing, she's such a sweet girl but why are bad things happening to her?" 
 
"I hope it's just a phase, it isn't good to be like this when you're pregnant." Dujoon came from behind. 
 
"How was work?" 
 
"Fine." 
 
"Let's go pray." They both went inside while Yoona stayed out and greeted the guest. 
 
"How is she?" A voice made Yoona jump.  
 
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Jiyong smiled. 
 
"Where are the rest of ..." 
 
"They're oversea at the moment and send their condolences." 
 
"Oh, well she's been really secluded from everyone. She won't let anyone touch her." 
 
"Have you tried Dasom?" 
 
"She's should be coming anytime now-"
 
"I'm here, i'm sorry I was stuck in traffic." 
 
"Jiyong." Dasom straightened up.
 
"Dasom, can you try to talk to Aera? She won't respond to anyone." 
 
"I know what to do. Follow me." They quietly followed Dasom. 
 
"Aera, I'm not feeling good right now, my head is ho-" Aera placed her hand on Dasom's head. 
 
"Are you okay? You aren't sick are you? You do seem a little warm." 
 
"I just have a slight headache that's all." 
 
"You need to eat." Aera sighed and closed her eyes. 
 
"Let's get you something to eat as well." 
 
"I'm not hun-" Dasom glared at her and she nodded. 
 
"We'll be right back." They both got up and went out the door. 
 
"Aera must really love Dasom." 
 
"They almost seem like sisters, it's cute, their friendship." 
 
 
 
 
 
"How are you holding up?" 
 
"I'm fine." Dasom swung an arm around Aera's shoulder. 
 
"I know you're not fine Aera, just let it all out." Aera ducked her head down. 
 
"I'm fine really." Dasom stopped and grabbed Aera's wrist. 
 
"Come here." She pulled Aera into a hug. 
 
"Just cry, i'm here for you. Let it all out." Aera tightened her arms around Dasom's waist and choked on her tears as she cried in Dasom's embrace. 
 
"I still can't believe he is gone, I can't accept this." 
 
"He's in a better place now Aera, I'm very sad since he was like a brother to me but you need to stay strong for him. He wouldn't want you to be sad like this would he?" 
 
"No." 
 
"Want to know something? I bet it will make you smile with happiness."
 
"What is it?" 
 
"I came to visit Taehyun a few days ago and he told me that he is glad you found someone you married, even if it was an arranged marriage at first. He said even though you lost a baby, you shouldn't be mad and stay happy for the other child you are carrying and live a long happy life with Myungsoo. He wishes you both luck and says to always support each other. He says if something were to happen to him that he wants you to know he loves you a lot." 
 
"I just wish I had the chance to be with him before he passed."
 
"No one could've known, god has taken another angel that has lived past his duty as a human and I know your heart hurts right now and it will for a while but know that he is in a better place now." 
 
"Stop it." Aera suddenly heard from the room behind her. It sounded like Myungsoo's voice.  
 
"Aera, I have to use the restroom. Wait here for me." Dasom skipped to the restroom and Aera walked nearer to the room and peaked through the door.  
 
"Why can't you forgive me then? This was all in the past." 
 
"And all in the past is a what I want us to be." 
 
"I did wrong, don't you trust me?" Jinhee grabbed Myungsoo's tie and started to play with it. 
 
"I don't want to be your stupid toy anymore. I have responsibilities now, I don't need to play with you. I have a loving wife and a child I need to take care of." 
 
"What do you think Aera?" Jinhee turned her head to the side and went to pull Aera in. 
 
"Aera." 
 
"Since I was passing by, I thought i'd tell you i'm going home to rest a little." 
 
"Are you going right now? I'll take you-"
 
"No, stay here with my parents. Dasom's coming with me." 
 
"They've got it under control. Isn't that right?" She looked down and smiled at Aera, instead of smiling back Aera mouthed. You win. she pushed Jinhee away and went to hug Myungsoo. 
 
"How are you doing?" 
 
"I'm just tired, thats all." Myungsoo returned her hug and lightly massaged her back. 
 
"Take a warm shower and eat if you decide to come here again in a few hours." 
 
"Myungsoo." Aera tip-toed and pecked his lips. "I love you." 
 
"I love you too." Myungsoo smiled and returned the peck. 
 
"Take good care of yourself for now, i'm going."
 
"Be careful, don't do anything too dangerous."
 
"I won't." 
 
"Aera?" Dasom pushed the door open.
 
"I'm ready to go." 

I have no excuse for this late post but it's likely this story will end soon and wink wink at the end.

Comment, Subscribe & UpVote! Thanks for reading.

I