o21

A Thousand Miles

 

Chapter 21 : Never been so Distant- Music (optional)

 

"She wasn't hungry because she was sad, Aera was pregnant." Dasom closed her eyes and looked down. 
 
"Its all my fault, if only I would have held her back. She wouldn't have lost her baby." Sungyeol came around and hugged Dasom. 
 
"It wasn't your fault, none of us knew she was pregnant. Its more of our fault, we said we'd protect her but we didn't." 
 
"This is too much for Aera." Sunggyu sighed and kneeled down next to Myungsoo who sat by the door. 
 
"Get up." 
 
"It was my fault, she drugged me and I could've ran while I could but I was too weak of a man to do anything right." Sunggyu got up and sat next to Woohyun on the chairs. 
 
"I killed my own baby." Myungsoo buried his face in his hand. The doors opened up and the team of nursed wheeled Aera out of the operating room. Myungsoo immediately sprinted up and ran to the doctor. 
 
"Doctor, is my wife okay? What about the baby?" The doctor glanced to the side and signaled them to take her to her hospital room. The members and Dasom followed Aera to her room while Myungsoo slowly walked with the doctor.  
 
"Did your wife fall at all any time before today?"
 
"She fell on her back last night, we had a problem and she ran off. She didn't see since it was dark and fell back when a car almost hit her. After that I didn't see her until a few hours ago ... but is the baby okay?" The doctor sighed and turned to Myungsoo.
 
"Aera is still very early in her pregnancy and she has to be careful on what she does, the baby in her stomach, we were able to save one of them." 
 
"What do you mean one of them?" 
 
"Aera was pregnant with twins." 
 
"Twins?" The doctor stopped walking and directed Myungsoo to Aera's room. 
 
"Your wife knew she was pregnant right?" Myungsoo shook his head. 
 
"She didn't know." The doctor gave Myungsoo a pat. "Neither did I." 
 
"You're going to have to find a way to tell her. " 
 
"I guess I could tell her when she wakes up."

"You're going to have to take good care of her, a pregnant woman who is in this situation is very fragile." 
 
 
-
 
"I don't get it." Dasom narrowed her eyes at Myungsoo.  "I thought you guys didn't have . How did she get pregnant?"
 
"I guess we did have . Aera didn't have memory of it since she was drunk and I was a little tipsy so I thought the we had was just a dream ... turns out it was true." 
 
"But then wouldn't you have noticed? I mean you guys would've been ." Sungjong commented.
 
"Aera undressed herself because she was hot and with me you guys should know I sometimes sleep ."
 
"What about the you know what on the bedsheets?"
 
"Aera thought it was her period spotting or whatever its called. I mean, where else would we have gotten those hickey's and bruises from?"
 
"Total party animals. " Sungyeol whispered. 
 
"So you lied to her?"  Dongwoo gasped. 
 
"Not exactly,  I didn't think we actually did it." 
 
"Forget about that. I want you to explain yourself." Hoya crossed his arms and stared at Myungsoo. 
 
"Yeah." Dongwoo narrowed his eyes. "Why did you send that photo to Aera and why were you doing the thing with her?" 
 
"You know, I'm going to be honest and i'm only saying this because its what i'm seeing right now but you're really digusting to me right now. I can't believe you did that." Sunggyu crossed his arm. 
 
"I don't know. I drank my water that was in my room and she came in wearing the lingerine I bought her a while back when we still dated, she came at me and I pushed her away but I started to feel dizziness after I drank the water. All I could remember was my clothes being taken off and I heard clicks ... I guess she sneaked into my room while me and Aera were filming the kissing scene." 
 
"That would explain why she dropped her phone on me but you still aren't forgiven." 
 
"I feel really bad. I didn't mean to do it, I didn't even know what was going on. I love Aera and I would never do this to her, I sincerely love Aera with all my heart and I don't know what I'd do without her. You guys have to help me, I don't want Aera ignoring me like that." 
 
"Sorry." Woohyun spoke. "We didn't even listen to your side of the story." 
 
"Still not fully forgiven." Sungjong glared at Myungsoo.
 
"Its okay. I would've done the same too." 
 
"What about the baby then? Is it ...." 
 
"The baby is still in here." Myungsoo put his hand on Aera's stomach.  "At least one of them is." 
 
"One of them?"
 
"Aera was pregnant with twins."
 
"Did she loose them both?"
 
"She lost one of them." Myungsoo sighed and looked back at Aera but jumped when he found her eyes suddenly opened. 
 
"I-I'm pregnant?" Myungsoo stood up. 
 
"Why aren't you guys answering me?" Aera put her hands by the side and lifted herself up. 
 
"What's going on? What am I doing here?" 
 
"I think you two need to talk about this alone." Sungyeol took Dasom and headed out with the rest following behind. Before closing the door Sunggyu looked to Aera. 

"Give him a chance to talk." 
 
"I know you don't want to see me right now-"
 
"What am I doing here?" Tears were threatening to fall. "Why am I hooked up to all this? I'm scared, what happened?"
 
"You collapsed at school and .. and ..."
 
"And what?"
 
Myungsoo looked down and played with his fingers. 
 
"And when you collapsed, you had blood running down from your leg." He slowly sat next to Aera on the hospital bed and held her hand, until she removed his hand off.
 
"Don't touch me." She whispered as she bit her lip.
 
"Aera, please."
 
"If I was bleeding, t-then what happened to my baby?" 
 
"You lost-"
 
"N-No, don't lie to me. I-I have a sensitive stomach, maybe my stomach was just bleeding." Aera started to speak really fast and her breathing was getting faster and faster. 
 
"Wait, listen to me first."
 
"The baby is d-dead isn't it?" Aera held onto her stomach and started crying. "I didn't even know I was pregnant and I killed my own baby? This is my fault isn't it? Right? Its my fault." 
 
"No, No! Listen to me!" He wiped her tears away and held onto her face. 
 
"The babies were twins." Myungsoo calmly spoke. Aera's face went pale. 
 
"S-So, I killed the both of them?" 
 
"I'm a bad person, bad person." She started to hit herself on the head. Myungsoo got up pulled her in a hug so that she couldn't hit herself anymore. He her hair and rocked her back and forth trying to calm her down. 
 
"The doctor said he could only save one of them, the fall that you had last night. He said that hurt the baby, he said that you must have fell hard on your back." 
 
"But I still killed one of them." She cried out. "Its my fault." 
 
"Its more of my fault, don't blame yourself. If I was smart enough none of this would have happened." 
 
"That means that I still have one baby, right?" Myungsoo nodded. 
 
"We have to be careful from now on, the doctor said that since this accident happened I can't let you do anything dangerous to your heatlh or the baby." Aera slowly pushed Myungsoo away and wiped her tears away.
 
"What's wrong?"
 
""I-I still don't want to talk to you. I shouldn't be seeing you right now." 
 
"Aera." Myungsoo closed his eyes and then got up. 
 
"Just go to Jinhee." Aera brought up her knees and laid down her head. 
 
"Five minutes ... Can I just have five minutes to explain, then if you want I can leave you alone." She closed her eyes and thought for a few seconds. 
 
"Okay." 
 
-
 
Myungsoo had explained everything he could explain to Aera, he told her about how happy he was that she was there with him at the music video shoot and how he found her so beautiful when they were filming the kissing scene and his thought of going home and cuddle together to the part where he drank his water and became dizzy. He even got on his knee's and begged for forgiveness. 
 
"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you." Aera muttered. 
 
"It's okay, I would probably have done what you did too but I just want you to know that I didn't mean any of the things that happened that night with Jinhee, I truly love you Aera and I know that we've lost one of the twins but i'm happy that i'm going to be a dad. I promise to be the best dad and I promise to treasure you and our baby. I just want to ask for forgiveness." 
 
"But, how did I get pregnant?"
 
"Ah, that." He scratched his head. "That night we were at the beach and you tried wine, you got tipsy and I got a little drunk and I thought it was all a dream but turns out we really did do it, we just don't have memory of it." 
 
"I thought you said I took my clothes off because it was hot?"
 
"You did and I sometimes sleep with just boxers on, so we didn't really suspect anything." 
 
"I forgive you." Myungsoo smiled and held onto her hand. "But I don't know if I trust you anymore." 
 

 

I hope I explained things well here, if not comment and i'll reply back if you're confused. btw, this might turn into a long fic because homegirl here has only reached the first conflict of the story and I don't know if i'll go on hiatus or not because school starts in less than 2 weeks. AHH~ Dun want skooll.
Comment, Subscribed, UpVote! Thanks for reading:)