o31

A Thousand Miles
 
 

Chapter 31 : Only You- Music (optional)

*Warning: Some language? Or using more than I usually do.

 

 
"Where's our baby?" 
 
"Aera." 
 
"Do you know if it's a girl or boy?" Aera signaled for Myungsoo to sit on the bed next to her, she moved to the side a gave the bed a pat.  "Why aren't you speaking a word to me?" She looked over at her mother. 
 
"Mom, is my baby healthy?" She turned around and walked out the door. 
 
"I think you should tell her yourself." Her father and his parents walked out and shut the door. Aera watched as the carefully shut the door. 
 
"Our baby pea ... is doing well right?" Her eyes watched as his face froze. "Why can't you answer me?" 
 
"Baby Pea ... isn't here with us."  
 
"N ... No ..... No. that couldn't have happened. H-h-how? Baby pea was just in my stomach, where is my baby?"
 
"Baby Pea, left." 
 
"No, no, no." She shook her head. 
 
"I-I told the baby to leave." He whispered.
 
"But I requested, didn't I? To help the baby didn't I?" She moved away from him and fell onto the floor, she held onto her stomach with one hand on the floor to support herself.
 
"Aere you shouldn't have gotten up, you just got out of surgery." He went to the other side to help her back on the bed but she pushed him away and her palms face flat on the ground as tears dropped from her face, with a trembling voice she quietly spoke. 
 
"I-I told you to save the baby, didn't I? I don't care what happened to me I .. I thought .. told you .. save our baby." 
 
"I'm sorry." Myungsoo brought Aera into a hug but she pushed him away again and hit his chest with her fist. 
 
"How am I suppose to live now? ... please, please return our baby." She yelled out. "Please!" 
 
"Don't cry, everything is going to be alright. Ju-" 
 
"No, it's not! Bring my baby back to me." Myungsoo brought Aera into his embrace and she didn't fight him this time, she instead sunk in his arms and placed her forehead on his chest. 
 
"Please, return my baby to me .. Myungsoo, please give my baby back to me! I couldn't even save one of my babies, my babies are all gone, please return them back to me!" 
 
"Sh!" He her back and tried to calm her down but she just wouldn't comprehend with him. 
 
"Why didn't you save our baby? I had dreams of growing up with my baby and becoming a mother, how could you let our babies die? Did you not love our babies?" She trembled. 
 
"Of course I loved them Aera, but baby pea was too weak, baby pea was barely 2 months .. there is nothing I could've done." 
 
"How am I suppose to live now that both of my babies are gone? Please, return my baby to me ..... I'll do anything, take me instead .... please, take me instead." Her voice gradually grew softer and softer, she stopped crying. 
 
"Aera?" He looked down at her face and lifted her chin up.  "Aera!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"She has been eating very little since she came out of the hospital and she hasn't touched her food for the past couple of days. Dasom, what should I do? My poor baby is so heartbroken and sad, she won't even speak to anyone."  
 
"Mrs. Shin, I wish I knew how to help but I really don't know this time." 
 
"Can you go stay with her for a little and try to get her to talk if you can." 
 
"I'll do my best and later, is it okay if I take Aera to walk around the neighborhood?"
 
"I don't see why not, just don't let Aera and-"
 
"I know don't worry about it, i'll take care of Aera." Dasom closed the back doors and quietly went to sit next to Aera on the bench. She watch as Aera's eyes locked onto the picture of her sonogram. 
 
"Aera, how are you doing?" Aera stayed motionless. 
 
"Your mom told me that you haven't been eating lately, look at you, you're loosing a lot of weight." Still no answer. Dasom sat back and scooted closer. 
 
"I wasn't suppose to tell you this, but, Myungsoo really needs you back. He's been a mess, he's been going clubbing and has gotten into a lot of fights, he's been getting drunk because he thinks it'll help him forget you."  Aera lays her head on Dasom's shoulder and closed her eyes.
 
"Do you not want to see him?" Aera shook her head and took a deep breath.
 
"Will you ever go see him?" Aere shook her head again. 
 
"You know, he-" Aera stood up and reached in her pocket, she pulled out her ring and opened her palm.
 
"You want me to return this?" Aera thought for a while and sat back down, this time on the grass. She brought her knee's up and laid her head on her knee's. Dasom scooted over and Aera's hair. 
 
"I'm sad to see you like this, I wish I could've prevented things from happening but life is hard you know." 
 
"Dasom." Aera softly spoke. Dasom's eye's widened and she squat down next to Aera. 
 
"What is it? Do you want to eat something? Or buy something for you? Anything?" 
 
"Can you take me away for a little?" 
 
"Yes, yes! Anything .... do you want to go right now?" Aera nodded. 
 
"Okay, let's go." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"How long do you think he's going to be like this?" Sungyeol asked the group. 
 
"It's only been about a week and he is such a mess already." Sunggyu rubbed his head and sat on the couch next to Woohyun. 
 
"At this rate if we let him go out, he'll be in jail." Woohyun shook his head. 
 
"Then what are we suppose to do? Aera's family cut all ties with Myungsoo's family, how do we work things out?" 
 
"We can try to sit both of them down at school." Dongwoo suggested. 
 
"Both Aera and Myungsoo haven't stepped a foot in school since that day." Sunggyu clarified. 
 
"He's finished another bottle of soju." Sungjong yelled out. Hoya walked to the entrance of the kitchen. 
 
"Guys, I think he knocked himself out again." 
 
"Where did this guy even get Soju from?" Sunggyu shook his head. 
 
"I'll go buy some soup for him, he's going to need it bad in a few hours." Hoya grabbed his jacket and walked out the door. 
 
"I'm coming!" Shouted Woohyun. 
 
"Me too!" Sungjong shouted. 
 
"I guess that leaves us to watch him." Dongwoo sighed. "Let's just sleep for now, he'll be knocked out for a few hours." 
 
"Let's go check on him first." They all got up and went to the kitchen table. Myungsoo was knocked out on the table. 
 
"He looks so pitiful it hurts." Sunggyu spoke out. "Check if he's still living." 
 
"Myungsoo." Dongwoo shook his shoulders. "Myungsoo, wake up. You need to eat soup in a little to make your headache feel better." 
 
"Get away from me." Myungsoo pushed Dongwoo away and turned his head around to the other side. 
 
"What a stubborn guy." Sungyeol scoffed. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo. We're trying to help you out here, don't push us away. That's what friends are for-"
 
"Move away." Myungsoo got up and grabbed his car keys. 
 
"Myungsoo, you can't drive while you are drunk."
 
"Frankly, I don't have anything to care about anymore. My life has no meaning anymore." He walked out the door and to his car. 
 
"Myungsoo, give me your keys. I'm not letting you drive while you're drunk." Sunggyu grabbed Myungsoo's hand. 
 
"Fine." Myungsoo gave a smirk and threw the keys at Sunggyu.
 
"Keep the damn keys, I didn't need them anyways." Myungsoo then turned around and walked down the driveway. 
 
"Myungsoo, get back here." 
 
"Try and catch me." Myungsoo reached into his other pocket and grabbed another set of keys. 
 
"Why does he have another set of keys." Dongwoo whispered.
 
"Question, why does he have another set of keys." Sunggyu questioned. 
 
"Aera's car, Aera never took back her car!" The engine of a car was heard from outside the gate. 
 
"." Sunggyu bent down and grabbed Myungsoo's car keys. "Lets, go. We need to follow him , if we don't he's going to go do something stupid." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Why are we here?" Aera stopped her tracks and gazed up at the dead tree's. [reference back to ch 12]
 
"Do you not like it here?" 
 
"He took me here before." [reference back to ch 12]
 
"Myungsoo?" She ignored Dasom and continued walking between the tree's. 
 
"Wait for me." Dasom jogged next to her. 
 
"The tree's look dead." 
 
"It's winter Aera, the leaves eventually die off." 
 
"Right I want to do to the bridge."
 
"What for?" 
 
"Its calming." 
 
"As long as we don't go and touch the water, it's freezing." She slid her arm around Aera's arm and walked along with her. 
 
"So ..." 
 
"What?" She blankly answered. 
 
"What are you going to do now?" 
 
"I don't know, I guess i'll just go back to school ... finish and go to college I guess." 
 
"Are you just going to go back to school like nothing happened?" 
 
"I guess so." 
 
"You can't just ignore everything like that, Aera you can't just push everything away like it was nothing." 
 
"It didn't mean anything to me." 
 
"Aera, you can't seriously mean that. Do you?" 
 
"I do." 
 
"Aera." Dasom unhooked her arm and looked at Aera in disbelief. "Did Myungsoo mean nothing to you? Your marriage?" 
 
"It was an arranged marriage Dasom." Aera started walking away from Dasom.
 
"That doesn't mean you didn't have any feelings for him." 
 
"I ... nevermind." 
 
"Look, I know that a lot has happened but Myungsoo loves you and you've been through so much together, you can't just throw this all away."
 
"Dasom!" Aera shouted. "I'm so scared, I don't know what to do. I love him but I'm so confused right now-"

Happy Holidays and on a side not I think this fic will be ending before it gets to 40, maybe around 35.

Comment, Subscribe and UpVote! 

Thanks for Reading!