oo4

A Thousand Miles
 

Chapter 4 : A Dream of Mine- Music (optional)

 

Aera wondered around the wedding shop after she finished changing out of her uniform. She was a bit lost until she stopped at a door that had a sign with Myungsoo and her name on it. She slowly opened the door and her face lit up. She didn't see Myungsoo sitting at the chair and just went around the room. 

"I don't know why you had to go change into something else." She glared at Myungsoo.

"What's it to you? I see you've changed as well. Besides I think this outfit is cute, don't you?" He ignored her and layed down on the couch.

"So ...." 

"What?" He mumbled. 

"So .... Are we really going through with this?"

"Why not?"

"Well, you don't want to get married to me and I don't want to get married to you so why are we even doing this?"

"I don't know, I guess for our parents."

"But you are the kind of person who disobey's a parents order so I don't see why you want to go through marriage with me. I mean, you should at least do it with a person you love."

"I don't have a girlfriend." Aera let out a laugh. "What's funny about that?"

"You're labeled the playboy and you don't have a girlfriend?" 

"Nah, I just like joking around with them and how about you the 'Schools Sweetheart' where is your boyfriend?"

"I don't have one." He laughed back and pinched Aera's cheeks. 

"Whose the one laughing now?"

"Shut up." She crossed her arm. 

"What is taking them so long? I'm tired and I want to sleep in my comfy bed, this couch feels funky." He mumbled as he closed his eyes.

"What is this? Is my grandson being lazy?" 

"Grandma?" He bolted up and bowed to her. 

"Hello." Aera bowed. "I'm Shin Aera, second year." 

"Aigoo, so your the girl who my little Myungsoo proposed to."

He looked back at his mom and mouthed 'Does she not know?' his mom mouthed back 'No, doesn't know its arranged.' 

"Aren't you just precious, I think Myungsoo did a great choice with his choosing." 

"Ahem." 

"Aigoo, I didn't forget about you." Myungsoo came and gave her a hug.

"How are you doing grandma? Miss me?"

"Who would miss such a stubborn child like you." Myungsoo pouted. "I'm just kidding, have you guys started to look around yet?" 

"No, we just arrived here Grandma." 

"Come here child." Aera walked forward and Myungsoo's grandma put her hands on the side of Aera's hips and turned her around and then observed her.

"Uh, Grandma what are you doing to ...."

"She has a great body to concieve a grandchild for you." 

"Huh? Ha, no no there won't be-" Aera made an X with her arms.

"With a body like hers, she'll be spilling out children for you guys in no time. Won't that be great?"

"Myungsoo, have you guys done it yet?" She curiously asked.

"No!" They both shouted at the same time.

"Oh, look. They even answer at the same time, how cute."

"Grandma, lets save that talk for when we are officially married. Now lets not talk about that and why don't you help me find a dress for Aera. Hm?"

"Alright." She smiled and left with Myungsoo. Aera stood there frozen. 

"I can't possibly have kids with him." She shook her head and made a nasty face. "No, way."

 

 

Mrs. Kim and Myungsoo's grandma packed the room full of dresses, even though the room already had a few dresses they just kept on hanging dresses one after another and there were at least 50 dresses in there.

"Do I have to try all of these?" Aera's gasped. 

"Don't worry, I have this room booked till tomorrow. Now come one, you two stay here while I go with Aera." She pushed Aera inside and helped her into the first dress.

"Here, wear these." Mrs. Kim slid the pumps onto Aera's feet.

"Okay, lets go out." Aera pouted and then came out of the room behind Mrs. Kim, she walked Aera to the mirror in the room and stood back to hear comments. "So, what do you guys think?"

"Wow! You look so gorgeous in the gown." Myungsoo's grandma clapped. "What do you think Myungsoo? .... Myungsoo? Myungsoo!" She smacked his shoulder.

"Huh?"

"What do you think about the dress?" He got up and walked around Aera to observe. He got close to her face and smiled.

"You look like a mushroom, I don't think my wife should look like a short stump. I don't like this dress."

"Then what would you prefer me to wear then? As if you had any fashion sense."

"Oh, i'm sure I do." He went over to the rack and took one out. "Mom, take Aera to try this one on." They both went back into the room and changed into the dress Myungsoo picked out.

"Mrs. Kim-I mean Mother, I don't think this suits my body type. Do we have to show them? I feel a bit uncomfortable in this."

"Its okay, lets just show Myungsoo once and then we can take it off."  

"Okay." Aera walked out sideways with her front facing Myungsoo, she could see the smirk on his face as he stood by the window. Aera stopped walking half way through. "Okay, you've seen the dress bye-"

"Where do you think you're going?" He reached out and grabbed her waist, sending a cold shiver down Aera's back.

"Wow, this dress looks amazing on her and I told you didn't I? Her body is perfect for having children." Myungsoo's grandma side commented. 

"You hear that?" He placed his chin on her shoulder. "My grandma wants us to have babbies." 

"No, in no way will I agree to have children with you. This is just a fake marriage, i'm not going to." 

"Thats if, I can seduce you into you know ..." He kissed her cheeks. "No girl can resist Myungsoo." 

"Yah!" Mrs. Kim smacked Myungsoo's head.

"Mom! Why did you do that?"

"Save it for later, we need to continue searching for a dress." Myungsoo let go and Aera ran wiped her cheek while cursing into the room, he just chuckled and sit back.

 

 

Aera looked at her watched and rubbed her eyes. Good thing she wasn't wearing anymake up today. 

"Mother, how many more dresses do I have to try on?" 

"One more, I think this one is the one. Myungsoo wanted something that looked y and you wanted simple and well I think this is the one." Aera slipped on the last gown while yawning.

"Stay here, let me go get something." Aera nodded and sat back down on the chair. A few minutes later she came back with a tiara and a veil, she fixed it onto Aera and before sending her out Mrs. Kim stood back and looked like she was about to cry. 

"What's wrong? Does it look ugly on me?" 

"No." She shook her head and walked up to give Aera a hug. "You know, i've always wanted a daughter so I could do this to her and help her choose her wedding dress but I only have two boys." 

"Mother ...." 

"I'm sorry if I did too much or pushed you too much today."

"No, i'm okay. Don't cry okay, you can treat like your daughter. I'll be a good daugther in law for you so don't be sad okay." Mrs. Kim nodded. 

"And I have a suprise for you too."

"What?" She opened the door and Aera followed out confusingly. When she came out there were more people in the room than there was before. Her parents, Dasom, Infinite, Myungsoo's dad and brother; they all stood there smiling at Aera. 

"C'mon. Lets get you to the mirror." Aera nodded and did what she was told. She didn't think too much about the dress but when she looked up at the mirror her heart started beating faster and faster. Mrs. Kim was right, this dress was the one, Aera turned around to everybody.

"How does it look?" Everyone clapped and gathered around Aera. Infinite whistled at Aera.

"You look gorgeous!" They said in unison. 

"My beautiful friend, you're going to make me cry. I can't believe you're getting married already." Dasom hugged Aera.

"Mom, dad." 

"You're the most beautiful bride in the world Aera, you look like a queen." Her mother hugged her.

"My little princess is growing up so fast, I swear you were just learning how to crawl yesterday." 

"Mom, Dad don't make me cry." She hugged her parents. 

 

Myungsoo was comin back from the restrooms when he heard commotion in the room. He quickly opened the door to his brother on the phone.

"Oh, Myungsoo you're back?"

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the company?"

"Mom called us to see Aera in her wedding dress."

"So what? She isn't your wife." 

"Look, don't go there okay. I'm not here to fight with you." Dujoon moved out of the way. "Go see your bride okay, she's waiting for you." 

"I'll do what I want." He glared at Dujoon before walking forward and touching Sungyeol's shoulder. 

"Guys, move out of the way. The groom is here." Everyone moved one by one and then he came face to face with Aera. She smiled a little. 

"How does it look? Do you like it?" Myungsoo quietly walked forward. "So, do you not like it?" Aera looked down sadly. He lifted up her chin and placed his lips on hers. Aera's eyes widened. My first kiss .....

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the late post but I think i'll only post a chapter a week, depending on if i'm free or not; school just started again after a wonderful spring break but /sigh/ school guys. I hope you guys like this chapter and sorry if it wasn't interesting enough and hohoho Myungsoo stole Aera's first kiss! Why did he do that? and have you noticed Myungsoo doesn't like his brother? The next chapter will be focused on that a tad so please look forward to it :)

Thanks for reading! Comment, Subscribe and UpVote!