o26

A Thousand Miles

 

 

Chapter 26 : Counting the Days- Music (optional)

*I made this chapter super long, warning :) hehe*

 

"Why are you two so silent today?" Sunggyu looked over to Dasom and Aera.
 
"You guys didn't have a fight did you?" Dongwoo politely asked. The both glanced at each other and then looked back down. 
 
"There's definitely something wrong here." Sungjong whispered. 
 
"There's nothing wrong, we're both a little sad thats all." 
 
"Turn the frown upside down." Hoya smiled. 
 
"What's with the sad face." Myungsoo nudged Aera.
 
"Um-"
 
"Our friend from elementary school died from an accident and there family called when we were still at the college fair." Dasom's eyes met Aera's and she widened her eyes. 
 
"Oh, yeah .. our good friend passed away so that's why we are sad." Myungsoo and Sungyeol smiled and then hugged their sad girls. 
 
"Just think that she is in a better place." Myungsoo whispered to Aera. She smiled back to him and nodded. 
 
"I know she is." 
 
"Here, eat this chicken. The lunch lady gave me too much." He placed a few pieces of chicken onto her plate. 
 
"Aera, you better watch out. The lunch ladies are after Myungsoo too, if you don't be careful they will seduce your husband." Woohyun cheekingly smiled. 
 
"Hey, I would never fall for them. I only have Aera in my heart, she's my only sunshine. They can flirt all they want, i'm not getting seduced." 
 
"That's cute, Aera I'm jealous ... Myungsoo loves you so much." Aera frowned and looked down. Sungyeol pouted and turned to Dasom.
 
"Do I not love you a lot too?" 
 
"I know you love me dummy, I meant i'm jealous of their marriage." She stuffed rice in his mouth. "I, I know that Aera really loves Myungsoo and she will never do anything to hurt her. Am I right?"
 
"Right." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Mrs. Kim." Aera's Calculus teacher came. Aera was zoned out and stared out the window forgetting to turn her listening button on. Dasom nudged her side and pointed up. It took Aera a few seconds to respond. She shook her head and looked up.
 
"Mrs. Choi, is there anything I can do for you?" 
 
"You've finished with your assignment right?"
 
"Yes, i've completed it already." 
 
"Let's step out of the hallway for a minute. I have something to tell you." Aera nodded and stepped out into the hallway to speak to Mrs. Choi. She placed her hands around her stomach and sighed. 
 
"You know about Berklee College of Music right?" 
 
"I remember the tehm, i've gotten a lot of invitations from them."
 
"If they offered you a full scholarship and paid for your flight would you think about studying there?" Aera bit her lip and thought for a few seconds. 
 
"I would love to." 
 
"That's great, they want you there as soon as possible but talk with Myungsoo about it before accepting this, make sure he is okay too." 
 
"I'll tell him about, i'm sure he'll understand." 
 
"That's all I have to say right, if I find anymore information I will let you know."
 
"Thank you Mrs. Choi." 
 
"No problem, lets get back to class; i've got to finish teaching the lesson." She and Aera went inside.  
 
"What did she talk to you about?" Sungjong whispered. 
 
"An international college offered me a full scholarship if I attended their school." 
 
"That's so cool." He whispered. 
 
"Aera." Dasom put her hands on top of Aera's but Aera moved her hands down to her lap.
 
"Mrs. Choi is teaching now, pay attention." 
 
"But Aera." 
 
"Dasom, please don't talk about it anymore." Aera begged. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you scared." Myungsoo turned and smiled to Aera. 
 
"Myungsoo, I know i'm pretty but pay attention and find a close parking space, I don't want to walk too far." 
 
"I could always carry you." He pinched her cheeks.
 
"I've gained a lot of weight just from this month alone, i'm too heavy to carry." Aera laughed. 
 
"Is this a good parking space for you Mrs. Kim?" Aera looked out the window and they were right at the entrance.
 
"Its perfect." He got out of the car and went to open the door for Aera. 
 
"Thank you prince charming."
 
"At your service queen Kim." Myungsoo bowed. 
 
"Hurry, lets go-" Myungsoo pulled Aera into a quick peck. 
 
"What was that for?" 
 
"I'm just excited, i'll get to hear my baby's heartbeat." Myungsoo lighly poked Aera's stomach. Myungsoo. Aera's smile disappeared for a split second and was it was up again when she came in contact with Myungsoo's face. 
 
"Ready?"
 
"Ready." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Aera and Myungsoo filled out all the paperwork and did all of the basic setup but had to wait on Woohyun's mother because she was busy and it'd be 30 minutes until their actual appointment. They decided to take a visit to Taehyun but visitors were forbidden at the moment due to his high fever. 
 
"We'll come visit your brother next time." 
 
"Promise." Myungsoo nodded. 
 
"I promise my life, i'll take you and we can have a mini picnic in the hospital." He held onto her hand while they walked through the hallway. Aera kept her other hand on her stomach. 
 
"I wonder if it'll be a girl or a boy. Which gender do you want?" 
 
"It doesn't matter to me at all, as long as our child is healthy." 
 
"I want to have a boy first then a girl." 
 
"Why is that?" Aera smiled and rubbed her stomach.
 
"So that our little girl will have a big brother to beat up the guys who hurt her." 
 
"That's pretty cute, we can have whatever gener we manage to pop out and i'll be fine with it."
 
"Myungsoo, you go ahead and take a seat I have to go use the restroom first."
 
"I'll come with you." 
 
"Its the ladies bathroom, I'm fine going bymyself and their are nurses all around if I get in trouble. Trust me, okay?"
 
"Okay, hurry up." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Aera dried her hands and threw the paper towel in the trashcan. She came out and stood at the side to take a deep breath, she closed her eyes for a few seconds and when she opened her eyes back up someone stood in front of her. 
 
"Jinhee." Aera's back straightened up as she pulled her mask down for a few seconds.
 
"Here." She threw a folder at Aera. 
 
"What is this?"
 
"Read it for yourself." Aera opened up the folder and slid the paper up. Divorce Agreement.
 
"This might be going too fast for you but i'm getting really unpatient here-"
 
"How did you know?" Aera muttered. 
 
"What?" 
 
"How did you know I was planning to divorce him?" 
 
"You're kidding me?" She smiled. 
 
"No, I ..." Aera closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I've been offer a full scholarship to a music school in America and I ..."
 
"You what?" 
 
"I have a plan, you don't have to worry about him. He'll be yours in a week."
 
"Aera!" Myungsoo shouted from behind. Jinhee put up her mask again and handed a piece of paper to Aera and went into the restroom. 
 
"Who was that?" 
 
"My old friend, she's sick so she came to the hospital." 
 
"Let's go, they're done early so they're ready for us." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Its nice to see you again Myungsoo." Woohyun's mom came in and shook his hand. 
 
"How have you been Mrs. Nam?"
 
"I've been doing great and this must be your wife. Its nice to meet you ..." She reached her hand out. 
 
"Aera, Kim Aera." Aera shook her hand. She turned around and went quickly through their papers. 
 
"Alright, everything seems okay right now. If you can lay down and lift up your shirt." Myungsoo went to the other side and help Aera down on her back. 
 
"Your little bump is so cute." Myungsoo smiled.
 
"Myungsoo, stop it." 
 
"You guys are a cute couple, great genes will be passed onto your children." She squirted some cold jelly on Aera's stomach and Aera felt a cold chill go down her back.
 
"It's cold isn't it?"
 
"A little." 
 
"You'll get used to it by the end of your pregnancy, it won't be as cold next time you visit." Aera held onto Myungsoo's hand as Dr. Nam turned the machine on, she grabbed a stick with a round thing and started to roll it on her stomach. 
 
"Is that our baby?" Myungsoo's asked with eyes frozen on the screen. 
 
"It is and here is the head." She pointed. "But ..."
 
"Dr. Nam, is there something wrong with my baby?" 
 
"No, its just that .... ah there it is!" Aera heard noise come from the speakers next to her, something about that noise just calmed her and she just had a huge smile on her face. 
 
"You hear this? Its your babies heartbeat." She smiled. 
 
"Its our babies heartbeat." Aera smiled and looked back to Myungsoo. He smiled and kissed her forehead. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"It looks like Aera is almost at two months." Aera rubbed her belly and smiled. "I'm a bit concerned though."
 
"What's wrong?"
 
"Aera weighs less than most women on her stage of pregnancy so I'm concerned it might affect her health but just make sure she eats a lot of healty food and make sure she's happy plus make sure she is safe, this will ensure a safe pregnancy."
 
"Dr. Nam, can my baby hear yet?" 
 
"Your baby can hear bits and pieces but not much but you can read your baby stories and talk, this way the baby will develop hearing better and it helps the baby to learn their parents voices better." 
 
"How about my due date?" 
 
"Looking at it right now your baby will be born around mid-june, the date isn't exactly determined yet." She turned around and handed a folder to Myungsoo.
 
"What is this?" 
 
"In this folder it has the sonogram from the baby monitor, it has the set appointments through this year and magazines about being a mother. This is all I have for now, do you have anymore questions to ask?" 
 
"I think we're all set, thank you Mrs. Nam."
 
"Thank you Dr.Nam." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Myungsoo ... don't go yet." Aera placed her hand on top of Myungsoo's. Myungsoo took his hand off the clutch and turned to Aera. 
 
"What is it?" 
 
"Can I,um ... can you drop me off at Dasom's house?" 
 
"I guess we can-"
 
"You can't, I-I forgot to fill up MyunRa's food and fill her drink bowl, she also needs a bath too can you go back and do that for me ... I seem to have forgotten." Aera played with her fingers. Myungsoo thought for a while and pulled out his phone when he felt it virbate. 
 
"Myungsoo, are you mad?" He turned quickly texted the person back and leaned over to kiss Aera. 
 
"I'm not mad at you." He turned his phone.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"You haven't been able to hang out with Dasom so you must miss your girl talks, I guess I can call up the gang and see if they want to hang out tonight. Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?"
 
"It's okay, Dasom's house is near the school."
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Trust me." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I cut some fruit for you, I've read that pregnant people like eating sour stuff." 
 
"Thanks, I can always trust you to bring me food." Aera grabbed a piece and sat down on Dasom's bed but she stopped eating.
 
 
 
"What's wrong? Does it taste weird?" 
 
"Dasom, why is your bed so springy now?" Dasom bit her apple and laughed. 
 
"Well, you see ....."
 
"You did not!"
 
 
"You did not!"
 
"Sh!" 
 
"You had with Sungyeol!" Aera whispered really loud.
 
"Sh!!"
 
"What? How? When? Wh-" 
 
"It was a few weeks ago when my dad went to visit my grandparents." 
 
"You used protection right?" 
 
"Of course I did, ah! that reminds me where are the pictures?" Dasom held out her fingers and put on her best aegyo. 
 
"It's right here." Aera got up and grabbed the pictures from her purse, she handed it to Dasom and she screamed like a siren. 
 
"It looks like a little pea! It's so cute!" 
 
"Would you like to be a godmother to my baby?"
 
"You're not serious."
 
"I am. Dasom you've been with me ever since we were babies, I want to let you be the godmother." 
 
"I will gladly accept this offer." 
 
"Thank you." 
 
"Have you and Myungsoo thought of any male or female names?" 
 
"Not yet." Dasom got up and walked up to put the pictures back in Aera's purse but her purse had fallen.
 
"Sorry, you know how clumsy I am-" Dasom placed Aera's things back in and grabbed the last item. 
 
"Dasom."
 
"I thought you were just kidding, are you really going to divorce Myungsoo? Is she forcing you too?" 
 
"No, I told her I was planning to do it anyways." 
 
"Aera what has gotten into you? This isn't you, dont you love him?"
 
"I do love him but-"
 
"But what? You can just send her to jail and everything will be fine."
 
"It's a lot more complicated, more than you think." Aera turned around and closed her eyes. If I don't they'll all die.
 
"Ae-" There was a sudden knock on the door. 
 
"Miss Dasom you have a visitor." The maid moved to the side .....
 
 

I hope you guys are okay with me not including school activities as much and I don't think i'll go on break for now/take a hiatus yet. Hope you enjoyed this long chapter:)

Comment, Subcribe and UpVote! Thank you for reading.