o34

A Thousand Miles
 
 

Chapter 34 : Remember- Music (optional)

 

 
"Are you scared?" 
 
 
"Yes." Aera looked straight forward with her eyes not leaving the car in front of them. 
 
 
"Why?" 
 
 
"This is the most rebellious thing i've ever done in my life." Myungsoo's took a quick glance and raised his eyebrow.
 

"Really, just now?" She sighed.
 
 
"Well, running away from home." 
 

"Wrong, answer." 
 
 
"Right." 
 
 
"It's just another load added onto your shoulder." 
 
 
"You're so innocent, fits you exactly; isn't that right, school's sweetheart?"
 
 
"I don't deserve that title anymore." 
 
 
"You're still a sweetheart in my heart." 
 
 
"And you're still a stubborn guy in my heart. I remember the first time we met, now that I think about it, it was really funny." 
 
 
"Hey, in my defense I didn't know it was you who was going to be my future wife." 
 
 
"I still think it was funny."  
 
 
"I also said I was going to make your life miserable." He laughed.  "
 
 
"You did though." Myungsoo frowned.
 
 
"I didn't know it was going to be like this."
 
 
"I know, I didn't know either." 
 
 
"But what's important is that we love each other and we are together at the moment."
 
 
"Let's not go back home." 
 
 
"Why." 
 
 
"I'm sure my parents will realize who I ran away with and our house will be the first place they will check."
 
 
"Let's go to my fathers hotel."
 

"We can't go there, or to your families house or to any of our friends houses. My parents will find out." 
 
 
"Do you have your wallet with you?" Aera reached for her wallet in her purse to make sure it was there.
 
 
"It's in my purse." 
 
 
"Do you want to run away? Just for a bit?" She briefly looked at him and quietly placed her hands on her lap.
 
 
"Do you not want to? I mean if you're more comfortable we can hide somewhere in the country-"
 
 
"No, let's run away." Myungsoo parks the car on the side of the sidewalk and turns over to Aera. 
 
 
"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."
 
 
"No, lets run away. The bank is up the road, let's go and get some cash and back home to grab your clothes."
 
 
"Wait. I have some of  my clothes in the trunk." She paused and blinked at him.  
 
 
"I was going to camp in my car until your parents agreed to let us get back together but since it's like this, I guess we are all set." She suddenly grabbed his hands and kissed him. 
 
 
"Truthfully, I don't know what we are thinking right now. I'm really scared."
 
 
"I am too." He kissed her back. "We don't have to do this, I want to be with you but if you are uncomfortable with this ..."
 
 
"No, i'm not going to ever regret this. Let's go to the airport." 
 
 
"Where to?" 
 
 
"Let's go to ....." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Dasom, sweety. Open up." 
 
 
"Mom, I told you I was studying; I have a big test tomorrow." 
 
 
"It's an emergency Dasom, you need to open the door right now." 
 
 
"That's what you said an hour ago, i'm not hungry right now." 
 
 
"Dasom, Aera's missing!" She dropped her pencil and scrambled to the door. She swung it open and Aera's parents were there with Aera's nurse. 
 
 
"Mr and Mrs Shin, what brings you guys here?" 
 
 
"Dasom, are you hiding our daughter in your room?"
 
 
"No, she's not here with me. Why? What happened?"
 
 
"Where is your phone?" 
 
 
"Over there." 
 
 
"Call Aera right now and ask where she is and if she's with Myungsoo. Put the call on speaker so I can talk to her." 
 
 
"O-Ok-Okay." She grabbed her phone and dialed Aera's number, after a few attempts she heard a voice. 
 
 
"Hello?"
 
 
"Aera, where are you?" 
 
 
"I, I'm somewhere safe right now. Don't worry too much about me, bye Dasom." Then she hung up the phone. 
 

"Dasom, have you seen Myungsoo?" Sunggyu popped in from behind.
 
 
"Yeah, we went to his house but he didn't answer the door. We found the spare key and went inside but he wasn't there." 
 
 
"Mr. and Mrs. Shin, it's nice to see  you. How have you been?" Dongwoo bowed. 
 
 
"Dongwoo, Myungsoo wasn't in his house?" 
 
 
"No, he wasn't at his families house either. But ... his clothing was everywhere and there were some suitcases out. Maybe he went somewhere." 
 
 
"Aera took her clothing and luggage with her." 
 
 
"Wait, what's going on?" 
 
 
"I think Aera and Myungsoo ran away, I called Aera earlier but she hung up and she disconnected her phone. Sungjong why don't you try to call Myungsoo." 
 
 
"You see, we tried to call him earlier but he didn't answer. We all tried." 
 
 
"Do you guys have any idea where they could've gone?" 
 
 
 
 
/8 Months Later/
 
"What do you want to eat today?" Aera looked up at Myungsoo and pinched his cheeks.
 
 
"We always get the same thing, just get that." 
 
 
"You don't get tired of it?" 
 
 
"No, just like how I never get tired of my love." Myungsoo smiled and removed the stray hair from Aera's head. She stood still and blinked at him. 
 
 
"Are you going to order?" He laughed. 
 
 
"What?" She cluelessly asked, obviously still mesmerized by his touch. Her cheeks turned pink. 
 
 
"If you don't order than I will order." 
 
 
"No, I want to order." She sat straight up. "I want to practice my greek language." 
 
 
"I'm looking forward to your broken greek." 
 
 
"Shut up." She pouted. She waved her hand in the air and signaled for the waitress to come over. She slowly explained their order in broken greek and smacked Myungsoo everytime he laughed at her. After she finished the waitress left for the kitchen. 
 
 
"Told you I could do it!" 
 
 
"Good job my cute angel." 
 

"I know i'm good. I can't wait to eat, its the best salad i've ever eaten in my life I ..." Aera's mind wandered off when she saw a  couple with their new born baby. 
 
 
"Are you okay?" Myungsoo placed his hands on top of hers. 
 
 
"I, yes, why would I not be?" She adverted her attention back to Myungsoo. He turned around a little and saw a couple holding their newborn baby, his smile dropped and he lifted her chin up. 
 
 
"We'll get their one day, I promise." He smiled. 
 
 
"I'm sorry." She muttered.
 
 
"Wow! It's here, my delicious salad!" The waitress imitated in Korean. Myungsoo laughed. 
 
 
"Thank you, Glenda." She smiled and said something in Korean again. 
 
 
"Your Korean is getting good."  Aera gave her two thumbs up. 
 
 
"Your Greek as well." she smiled and exucsed herself. 
 
 
"Eat up." Aera happily clapped but when she stuffed the first piece into Myungsoo set his fork down and cleared his throat.
 
 
"Do you want it eat?" 
 
 
"Let's make it happen, i'll buy some whine before we got home ... to set the mood up." He nodded. 
 
 
"Myungsoo, I didn't mean it like that." She set her fork on the napkin. 
 
 
"But I meant it, I at lease owe you all of this for all the trouble I put you through. I really love you, I really do and I want to show you how much you mean to me." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Tired?" Myungsoo walked out of the shower with his towel around his hips. He came and sat on the bed next to Aera. She sat up and wrapped the blanket around her shoulders. 
 
 
"I'm cold." He sat closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. 
 
 
"You smell really good." She smiled at his comment  and leaned her head on his chest. 
 
 
"Thanks, I could say the same thing about you." 
 
 
"Your scent is so mesmerizing, it intoxicates me." He laughed. 
 
 
"Myungsoo?" 
 
 
"Hm?" 
 
 
"I'm scared. "
 
 
"What for i'm right here." She looked at him and he planted a kiss on her forehead.
 
 
"I've been having a lot of thoughts, about all the things that could possibly be going on right now, back in Korea." 
 
 
"You miss your family and friends, don't you?" 
 
 
"Would it make me a bad person if I agreed?" 
 
 
"No, I miss everyone as well. Though, being here alone with you is all that I need, I also have that thought that lingers around my mind every night." 
 
 
"I want to go back, but i'm afraid." 
 
 
"I am too, I don't know what will happen if we go back." 
 
 
"But, our families are really worried about us both. We never contacted them the whole time we were here." 
 
 
"I feel bad for ignoring them but we did this out of-" 
 
 
"Should we go back?" She randomly asked. 
 
 
"Should we? I'm okay with it if you are." Aera sat up and faced Myungsoo. 
 
 
"Together?" 
 
 
"Together." 

Sorry, for the long wait. Screw exams dude, such a pain.
Anyways I hope this was to some sort of enjoyment and I think the next chapter wil be the last chapter.
Sorry for any grammar mistakes/spellings.
Thanks for reading. 
Comment, Subscribe and UpVote!