o29

A Thousand Miles

 

Chapter 29 : Almost- Music (optional)

 

"Wake up!" Dasom swatted the persons hand away from her arm. 
 
"LEE DASOM, WAKE UP!" 
 
"WHAT!" Dasom yelled and pushed the person away. "Sungyeol, let me sleep" 
 
"Where did Aera go?" 
 
"She's in her roo-what time is it?" 
 
"7am in the morning." 
 
"Dang, I fell asleep."
 
"But where did Aera?"
 
"In her room." 
 
"No, she's not." 
 
"Did you already check?" 
 
"Duh, I knocked on the door and she wasn't answering so I knocked and went in but she's not in her room." 
 
"Move." Dasom got up and pushed Sungyeol to the side. 
 
"I'm coming too." He followed her up to Aera and Myungsoo's room. Dasom opened the door and yelled with her eyes shut. 
 
"Aera, where are you?" 
 
"See, no answer." Dasom opened up her eyes and spotted a red envelop in between the pillows. She lazingly went and opened the letter, Sungyeol followed behind to read the letter. 
 
"I signed the divorce papers already, it's in the drawers.
Tell Myungsoo I love him and tell him to remember to take good care of himself."
-Love Shin Aera
 
"Aera, how can you be so stupid." Dasom bolted out the door. 
 
"She used Shin, not Kim. Oh my gosh." 
 
"Sungyeol, hurry and drive me to the hospital!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So, where is this school that you are going to?" 
 
"Berklee College of Music in Massachusetts."
 
"That's pretty far away isn't it? Really, really, really far from Myungsoo."
 
"It is isn't it?" 
 
"Are you planning to have your baby in America?" 
 
"Probably, but when the time comes I will move back to Korea-" 
 
"What?" Jinhee slammed on the breaks. 
 
"I won't be coming back to Myungsoo, you can rest easy." 
 
"Oh." She nodded and continued to drive. 
 
"If you don't mind, my fanclub is waiting for us at the airport and I told them I was sending you off and well-they're informed of everything."
 
"Must be great having fans like that?" 
 
"Why? You should know shouldn't you? The whole school is head over heels for you, have you seen the way they respect you like a queen?" 
 
"I guess they do." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Myungsoo's head popped and a chill ran down his back. He shook his head and turned around only to be met with his brothers confused eyebrows. 
 
"Are you okay?" 
 
"Yeah, it's kind of chilly here." 
 
"It's pretty warm to me, sick?" 
 
"No." He checked his phone and sighed. 
 
"Miss your wife?"
 
"Yeah, she hasn't texted me back. Maybe she's sleeping right now." 
 
"I can't believe you beat me there buddy." He playfully nudged Myungsoo.
 
"Why don't you and Yoona start having babies as well?" 
 
"We both are really busy at the moment, when the chances come we will go twice as strong." 
 
"Can't wait." Myungsoo smiled. 
 
"Have you guys started buying things yet?" 
 
"Not really, to be honest i've been reading pregnancy books secretly and being a woman is serious work but a baby is so interesting too." 
 
"Having a kid is a lot of work though." 
 
"I know but i've always dreamed of having a family that I can support and that I can love, Aera makes me smile and to think she's having my child is mind-blowing." 
 
"I think you two have improved a lot." 
 
"Tell me about it. I still remember that day when we first met." He chuckled and shook his head. "I was such an idiot back then, I grabbed her hand and announced that she was my girlfriend, turns out she was the one I was being arranged with. I declared that I'd make her life miserable but I fell for her too quick." 
 
"I think mom and dad did a good job." 
 
"I owe them, if they didn't do th-" A loud scream entered the room. All their family members and friends stood up as Sungyeol ran in with a teary-eyed Dasom. 
 
"Dasom, why are y-"
 
"She's gone, she's really gone now. I can't believe she had the heart to do this. I was just sleeping and when I woke up Sungyeol was there and Aera's clothing is gone and everything is gone, she's gone!" 
 
"Dasom, slow down I don't understand you." She fumbled through her bag and handed Myungsoo the papers. 
 
"She said to take care of yourself and she signed the divorce papers already."
 
"Divorce paper?!" Their families yelled out. 
 
"She forced Aera to sign this, she forced Aera to do this and that and she killed Taehyun and now she's gone, she's gone! The reason why she did all of this was to assure everyone's safety, she wanted her family to live in pea-"
 
"Who killed Taehyun?" Mrs. Shin whispered?
 
"Guys! That witch Jinhee murdered Taehyung." Sungjong ran into the room with the others. A crowd of policemen ran into the room a few seconds.
 
"The police found her on the tape and the nurse was a witness." 
 
"Mrs. Shin!" Yoona screamed as Aera's mother fainted. 
 
"Where's Aera? Where is she?" 
 
"I don't-The airport! She's going to go to that music school in America."
 
"What music school?" 
 
"She didn't tell you?" 
 
"Tell me what?" 
 
"She's leaving Korea to study music in Massachusetts, I don't think she's gonna come back here. What are we going to do?" 
 
"Myungsoo, where are you go-"
 
"I need to get my wife back." 
 
"Bring the cops with you!" Hoya screamed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Wait for me." Jinhee whispered. "We have to go together, my fans are here and we need to seem happy and stuff." 
 
"Life of being a celebrity." 
 
"Ready?" She put her glasses on.
 
"I guess so." 
 
"Wear these, you'll go blind with the flashing camera's." She bent down and grabbed Aera's luggage to show her 'kindness'. 
 
"Let's go." She straigthened her posture and smiled to the camera and waved to the fans. Aera kept close to Jinhee since she called for security to help them get past the fans. Aera occasionally smiled when Jinhee said something so the fans wouldn't suspect anything. Jinhee placed Aera's luggage on the cart and tagged it with a sticker then gave Aera her ticket. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Here's your ticket." 
 
"Thanks." 
 
"Ay, smile a bit sunshine I got you first class tickets so meals will be unlimited."
 
"Take good care of Myungsoo."
 
"Don't worry, I can provide for him." 
 
"Myungsoo ... he like's to have pillow talks and he likes watching the city at night, he likes it when you wear his shirts to sleep, he likes it when you play with MyungRa." She took a long pause and glanced at her watch.
 
"There's still an hour till the flight." 
 
"By the way, you signed the divorce papers right?" 
 
"I left my ring as well as did all the stuff you told me to do, don't forget our promise." 
 
"I know, I know. I'll leave your family alone now." Aera slowly yawned and rubbed her eyes. 
 
"Go to sleep, i'll watch over you for now. Might as well show my gratitude now." 
 
"I'm fi-" 
 
"Go to to sleep, I know you're tired." 
 
"I guess I could sleep for a few minutes." Aera laid her head against the wall and closed her eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Myungsoo stood in the middle of the crowd at the corner and he stood there for what seemed like centuries. He received stares from people all around and it didn't make things any better when a crowd of fans recognized him, a few of the policemen came to seperate the girls from Myungsoo so he could look around but he just stood there with a blank face.
 
"I can't find her!" Sunggyu came running down the stares.
 
"I can't find her in any of the restaraunts." Hoya came by his side. 
 
"She's not in any stores either." Woohyun panted as he ran to them. 
 
"What about those pregnancy stores?" Sunggyu asked. 
 
"She's not there either." Dasom brought her hand up and rubbed her forehead. "Where could she be?" 
 
"We'll find her." Sungyeol whispered as he wiped tears off her face.
 
"You did check the gate to Massacusetts right?"
 
"She's not there, no one has seen Aera or Jinhee."
 
"But, there are two flights to Massachusetts. One left this morning at 8am and the other left around 10am, its almost 1pm now." Sundjong checked his watch and sighed. Myungsoo took a deep breath and glanced around the airport, he could vaguley see a few faces that passed by, but he didn't see Aera's. Suddenly Myungsoo heard a man speaking from the microphone and he slowly started walking towards the gate. 
 
"Flight 2342 will now be boarding to Massachusetts, United States. We're sorry for the late flight of the earilier plane. First class please begin boarding now." 
 
"There's another plane?" Sungyeol shook his head and looked at the flights. "Oh,  it says it was delayed because the earlier flight was going through heavy rainstorm." 
 
"That means she could still be here." Dasom shouted.
 
"We don't know if she rode the earlier pl-where's Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked. Hoya scanned the place and pointed to a gate in a open room. 
 
"Over there ..... " Dasom frooze when she followed his finger that pointed to the boarding room.
 
"What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked.
 
"She's wearing the jacket I made for her."

 

Comment, Subscribe and UpVote! Thanks for reading!