oo5

A Thousand Miles
 

Chapter 5 : Weekened- Music (optional)

 

The sun was shining brightly against Aera's face as she sipped her iced mocha, she then set it down on the table as she looked out the window of the cafe. 

Her eyes wondered among the busy streets of Seoul and slowly put her fingers on her lips. Dasom, who was also looking out the window, turned to Aera.

"Yah! Are you really going to touch your lips like that all day? They're going to fall off." 

"Huh?" Aera turned to Dasom.

"Don't think too much on that kiss, it was probably nothing; I mean its not like it was your first kiss." She grabbed her coffee with both her hands and drank it while looking away from Dasom.

"OMG, don't tell me that was your first kiss!" Dasom yelled loudly.

"Yah, quiet down." She covered Dasom's mouth. 

"No way ....." She took her hands off. Dasom turned her around and laughed. "You're not serious are you?"

"I am serious, he stole my first kiss." Aera touched her lips. "I can't believe he stole it."

"Was he a good kisser? Any tongue action?" Dasom wiggled her eyebrows.

"Lee Dasom!"

"Okay fine, but was he a good kisser or not?"

"I guess ..." Aera whispered. 

"Heyyyyy~ You like him don't you?" 

"No, I don't." 

"Don't lie to me Aera, you've fallen for him already."

"I'm not going to fall for such a stubborn and weird guy like Myungsoo." 

"What happen to the Aera I know who accepts everyone and is nice to them?"

"I still do that, just not with Myungsoo. If he wants to mess with me then I'm not going to be a sweetheart to him, he doesn't deserve it at all."

"If thats what you say friend." Aera's phone rang, she took out her phone and looked at the ID Caller. "Who is it?"

"I'm not sure, their name isn't showing up." She unlocked her phone and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, buttface." 

"Buttface? who is-Myungsoo? How did you get my number?"

"Hello, buttface. What are you doing at the moment?" 

"It doesn't concern you, what do you want and how do you have my number?" 

"I got my ways and mom wants you to come over to have dinner with us tonight. Can you come over?"

"I have plans thou-" Dasom snatched the phone away from Aera. 

"We were going to watch movies but something suddenly came up so she's free, just text her your address and she'll come. Okay? Okay, Bye!" She hung up the phone. 

"Why did you do that? I really wanted to watch the new mystery film!"

"You don't want to dissappoint the elders right?" Aera shook her head. "Then go have dinner with them, we can still go next week."

"Fine, I guess you win but will you go with me?"

"You have to go yourself, you're the bride aren't you?" Aera's phone beeped. "See, he texted you his address. Now, go home and change into something pretty okay?" Aera made a face before bidding her friend good bye.

 

 

° ❈ °

 

There was loud yelling heard from all corners of Infinite's hangout aka 'mancave' apartment. They boys hollared and roared over a soccer game that was going on in TV. Sungjong who was sitting next to him noticed Myungsoo clicking out of the caller screen and spotted Aera's name.

"Everybody look at hyung's face, the reason he wasn't yelling with us was because he was talking with his honey." Sungjong yelled out.

"Shut up." Myungsoo threw the pillow at Sungjong's face. Pretty soon the who room went silent and they all stared at Myungsoo with grins on their faces. "What are you guys looking at? Pay attention to the soccer game." 

"The game just now ended." Sunggyu smiled. 

"And now we have time to have a little chat with our little brother." Dongwoo pointed. Myungsoo closed his eyes and put his face into a pillow.

"I bet you he's in love with her." Sungyeol commented.

"I couldn't agree more." Hoya said next.

"Look at him getting all flustered, pretty soon they're going to do the dirty." Woohyun wiggled his eyebrows.

"YAH~ I'M NOT HAVING KIDS WITH HER!" Myungsoo yelled out.

"He's totally in denial." Sungyeol jokingly said.

"I am not! Will you guys stop it? I'm not in love with her and i'm not having kids with her."

"We didn't even say anything about falling in love hyung. You've just caught yourself in a blackhole." Myungsoo closed his eyes and laid his head back, as he was doing so everyone continued to talk amongst themselves. 

"Now that you think about Myungsoo. Aera's pretty cute and she's the school's sweetheart too, i'd totally date her if you weren't getting married with her." Sungyeol daydreamed his mind away.

"She's not a sweetheart, have you seen her dramatic and sassy and mean side?."

"Well you've done things to make her mad right?" Myungsoo opened his eyes and stood up.

"Maybe ..."

"See, thats your problem there." Sunggyu continued. "I've heard that she believes in being nice to everyone but if you get on her bad side then you get on her bad side and yeah we know about her bad side too, Dasom told us that she contains her other side pretty well, she said that the way she acts with you is how you treat her and it looks like you're permanently on her bad side."

"I couldn't agree more she's a sweetheart but you're just a pain to her." Hoya sipped his drink. 

"But she's so bipolar, it doesn't matter what I do she's always like that towards me."

"Maybe thats her way of showing love to Myungsoo, what do you think hyung?" Sungjong turned to Dongwoo.

"Thats what you call tuff love little bro, this marriage is going to be interesting though." 

"But in all seriousness, I think our boy is falling in love." Woohyun patted Myungsoo's back.

"I said i'm not! I only did that to bug her, if i'm in this marriage then i'm going to do my best to annoy her." 

"Yeah, he's totally in love or if he wasn't why would he be doing that to her?" Dongwoo giggled and got up and went to the kitchen.

"But listen to me Myungsoo, even though its an arranged marriage treat her like a lady okay? She's going to be your wife legally and though its not marriage by love at least get along with her. You never know, you could end up loving her." Sunggyu gave his words of wisdom to Myungsoo and then followed Dongwoo.

 

° ❈ °

 

"Wow, this house looks so huge." Aera stood at the sidewalked looking at the beautiful exterior of the house. "This house must have been expensive or did they build it?" She turned her head to the side.

"Yah~ Are you coming in or not?" Myungsoo yelled at the gate.

"Huh?"

"I called your name so many times, stop daydreaming and come inside before someone kidnaps you."

"Rude." She whispered before she walked up to the Aera. 

"Close the door." He yelled as he left her behind at the gate. 

"Whats with him today?" She closed the gate and quickly caught up to Myungsoo. "So, do you have any other siblings that live here too?"

"No, just me and that guy." 

"Oh, so you don't have any sisters?" 

"No." He answered before his mom popped up and gave Aera a bear hug.

"Omo, Aera you look beautiful and you've come right on time. Doesn't she look beautiful tonight Myungsoo?" She turned around but Myungsoo was gone. "Where did he go? Nevermind that, come to the kitchen with me." Aera followed her around to the kitchen to where the food was being prepared. "The food is almost done, just some finishing touches." 

"You made Shrimp Pancake? Thats my favorite."

"Really? I didn't know that, did you know its Myungsoo's favorite too?"

"It is?" She nodded and started to pour the food into plates. Aera picked them up and helped set them down. 

"Oh, honey. You don't need to do this, I can set it up."

"Since, i'm here i'll help you set up." 

"Aigoo, you're so cute. I'm glad you're marrying my son."  Aera smiled and help set up the rest of the dishes. "Aera?"

"Yes?"

"Can you go get Myungsoo in his room? I'll go get his father in his study."

"No problem."

"His room is the second one to the right." Aera nodded and proceeded upstairs, she went up and knocked on his door.

"Myungsoo, we're finished cooking, you can come eat now." No answer. "Myungsoo? Are you in here? Can I come in?" Still no answer. She turned the knob and entered his room. 

"Hm, you have a nice room, I like it." At the same time she stepped foot in Myungsoo came out of the bathroom. She turned around to see a shirtless Myungsoo, she just stood there looking at him boredly.

"Like what you see?"

"I've seen better." She turned around ready to open the door but she was too slow and he had already pinned her to the door. His hair wasn't dry so water had dripped a little onto Aera.

"Where are you going so fast?"

"I was told to come up here to call you to eat." She pushed him off but he hugged her tightly. "Yah, go dry yourself you're getting water all over me." She managed to push him off and go downstairs. He stood there laughing at her.

"Cute." His eyes widened and he slapped his cheeks. "Get a hold of yourself, she's not cute. She's like a little devil." 

 

° ❈ °

 

"Why are you sitting near us? Go with your wife." Myungsoo's mother signaled him to sit next to Aera, he sighed and lazily got up. "Aera, fill free to eat anything on the table think of our house like yours too." 

"Thank you." She picked up her spoon and started to eat and everyone followed.  

As Myungsoo was eating he felt something kick him, he looked to Aera but she was busy eating and he turned to his mom. She mouthed for Myungsoo to give Aera food. He picked up his chopstick and turned to the pork but reach across and grabbed the green pepper muchim and gave it to Aera in a smile. 

"Here you go." 

"Um, thanks." Aera put the pepper in and chewed it. His mom sat there with eyes widened as she kicked his foot. Why did you give her that? She mouth. Myungsoo shrugged. 

"Aera, are you okay?" Aera stopped chewing.

"Yes, is something wrong?"

"Well, you see .... Myungsoo gave you pepper and usually its only me and his dad that eats it, well its spicy."

"Oh no its okay, it doesn't taste spicy at all. I can tolerate it." Myungsoo turned to Aera. "What? Did you want something to happen to me?" 

"You're such a bad husband Myungsoo, just watch out she might do something in return." His dad laughed.

"Your dad is right. I might." She raised her eyebrows. 

"Not if I do something to you first" he smiled with his teeth clenched. 

"So, Aera. How are you doing in school?" 

"I'm doing fine, I'm actually number 1 in my grade."

"Really now, thats great then. Did you know Myungsoo is in the top 5? I just checked the ranking. He is number 5." Aera nodded her head. 

"I didn't know he was this smart, he sure acts like a little kid though."

"Thats just how he is? But he usually excels in school and-"

"I'm home!" Someone yelled from the door. 

"Oh, Dujoon. You're home, come eat with us." His dad signaled. Aera turned around and saw Myungsoo's changed expression. 

"Aera, you're here too? Its nice to see you."

"Its nice to see you too." His mom got up and gave Dujoon a bowl of rice, he sat in between Myungsoo and his dad. 

"So, what's going on?" 

"We were just talking about school, Aera is number 1 in school." 

"Really? Its nice to see that."

"Where is your wife?" Aera asked.

"She's staying overtime to work, she'll be at the office all night. Ah, I have good news to tell you dad."

"What is it?"

"The Hilton Hotel agreed to the merging." 

"Thats great, i'm proud of you son." Myungsoo balled up his fist. "Aera did you know, the reason why he is this great like this is because he was number 1 in highschool too, he was for all 3 ye-"

"I'm finished." Myungsoo angrly said as he stood up.

"Myungsoo sit down and finish your food, don't be rude." His father calmly asked.

"I'm full."

"Are you sure?" He nodded at his mom and went out the backyard doors. Aera couldn't help but notice his expression. 

"I'm full now, excuse me." She followed Myungsoo out onto the backyard.

Aera stood at the top of the stairs. She walked down to the grassy area to find Myungsoo but jumped when she saw him around the corner.

"You scared me." 

"Sorry."' He muttered. 

"Hey, are you okay? Are you not feeling well?" Aera turned him around. "You should probably go wash up and sleep then its-" He pulled her into a tight hug. 

"Myungsoo, what are yo-" 

"Can we stay like this for a minute? Just a few minutes?" He rested his chin on her shoulder and closed his eyes. "Please?" She heard a waver in his voice and slowly put her arm around him.

"Okay."

 


Here is chapter 3! So just if you guys haven't guessed it yet, Myungsoo doesn't like his brother because he is always in the shadows of his older brother who does much better than him, even though he isn't dumb himself and his dad treasures Dujoon and forgets about Myungsoo most of the time, which is why he doesn't have a good relationship with his dad.

I hope you guys like it and if its crappy i'll improve :) Please look forward to the next chapter and P.S. if you have any comment to help my writing improve, feel free to critic :)

Comment, Subscribe and UpVote! Thanks for reading :)