Chapter 11

Dream 2

Looking at us he walked our way. Min Hyuk grabbed In Guk´s hand and said with a serious face “Aren´t you going to take your hands off of her?”

“Who are you?” he asked Min Hyuk and he just stared back at him and said “Someone who has been pursuing her for over a month but kept getting rejected”

Min Hyuk then looked at me and asked “Do you know this guy?” as he gave me a wink, signaling me to lie.

“No, I don´t know him” I said to Min Hyuk as he grabbed my hand and said “Good, then let´s go dance”

The both of us walked to the middle of the dance floor and when we got there after about two minutes it started giving a slow dance song so I nervously held Min Hyuk´s hand and we slowly danced together.

I felt my heart thumping rapidly, it was the first time I had ever been so close to him. I lift my chin up slightly and said “Thanks”

“For what?” He asked me as looked down to me, since compared to him I looked really short.

“For helping me back there” I said to him smiling.

“What are friends for” He said smiling at me as we continued dancing, step by step, according to the song.

Lee Ji-Eun´s POV

After a long day of heavy schedule I sat on my couch lazily as I took a deep breath. I felt really tired and hungry, so I went to the kitchen and looked for umma´s recipe book. I went through every cabinet to look for it. Luckily I found it. It was on the top cabinet next to the fridge.

I opened the book and searched through the pages until I found a recipe of how to make Tteokbokki.

I was really hungry and I felt like eating something yummy, so I started taking out the ingredients necessary from the fridge and the pans out from the bottom cabinet.

After about an hour, I was able to finish making it. So, I put some on my plate and started eating it. It wasn´t the best Tteokbokki in the world but it was good enough to fill up my appetite.

As I was sitting on my comfy couch, eating my food, I felt that my apartment seemed really quiet, I could even hear the clock that was on my wall near the door to my bedroom, ticking and ticking repeatedly every second.

I finished my food and placed the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth with my usual strawberry toothpaste and then I walked out of the bathroom and went to my bedroom and tiredly went under the blankets.

As I turned to the right side of my bed, I looked at my small calendar and noticed that my birthday was coming up, so I wondered what Hong Ki and I would be doing on that day. I then remembered that I hadn´t been to the back of the shrine near my old house from when I was younger. Me and my brother would always go there and play together until nighttime. You could even see almost all of Seoul from there. Happy from just thinking about it I quickly made a call to Hong Ki.

“Hello?” Hong Ki asked.                                                                                        

“Uhmm… Hong Ki. Do you want to go to Jongmyo shrine on my birthday?” I asked him as he quickly replied with a happy tone of voice “Yeah sure”

“Then meet me there next Friday at around nine o´clock at night” I said to him feeling really happy.

“Ok, goodnight Ji-Eun” He said to me.

“Goodnight and have a good night sleep” I said to him as I turned off the call and placed my phone on the side on my bed as I cuddled in between my blankets with a big smile across my face, slowly falling asleep and waking up to a new day of work.

Hong Ki´s POV

When Ji-Eun phoned me, wanting to go to Jongmyo on her birthday I felt really happy. I was really looking forward to it but at the same time I was wondering of what I should buy for her birthday.

I only had about a week to get her something, and I couldn´t just hang around the streets like I used to since my manager said to not cause any type of scandals for the time being. I even have to be careful to not be caught when I meet up with Ji-Eun.

For around six days I went disguised in my car driving close by the jewelry stores checking the necklaces and rings out and luckily I found something that she would like so I checked the name of the jewelry store and looked it up on the internet at home.

Once I found the site and went in and searched for the necklace that I had seen. I quickly went and ordered it and luckily it should arrive tomorrow afternoon at my house. After I finished ordering it I went to my 2 p.m. schedule which was a recording session.

I went there with the rest of my band mates and sang over and over again until they thought it was good enough.

On the next morning I went to the Show Weekly Idol since my band was invited there again, and once we got there we greeted everyone and walked towards Defconn and Don. After a few minutes had passed Don looked at me and asked if I watched last week episode and I answered no.

So he said to me with a smile “Well, IU left you a video message”

“Really?” I asked.

“Show him the video” He said to the staff that was working there and as I watched it I felt really happy and she looked so cute doing the heart shape with her hands.

“So, what kind of relationship do you have with IU?” He asked me.

“Well… she is…” I was saying to him until I remembered what my manager said to me.

“I don´t want any scandals. So keep a low profile!”

“…She is a good friend of mine; we really get along with each other” I said to him as Defconn then looked at me and asked “Is that all?”

“Yeah, that´s all there is between us” I said to him.

Ji-Eun´s POV

On Wednesday night after I had gone to all my schedules I sat on my sofa and my TV to see weekly Idol and I noticed that Hong Ki´s band was on it. So, I happily started watching it with my legs crossed on top of the couch.

Defconn had even shown the video message that I had done last week for him. So I started perking up my ears wanting to know what he was going to say about it. And when Don asked him in what kind of relationship we were in he just denied it.

His words rumbled in my mind over and over again, continuously repeating his words “…She is a good friend of mine; we really get along with each other”… “…She is a good friend of mine; we really get along with each other”…

I felt really bothered so I phoned Hong Ki. The phone rang and after about a minute he picked up his phone.

“I just watched Weekly Idol. What do you mean we are just friends?” I asked with an upset tone of voice.

“It´s not what you think. My manager said not to cause any scandals, so I couldn´t tell them about us” He explained himself to me.

“Is that really true?” I confirmed with him.

“I swear it´s the truth and I hope you’re looking forward to Friday because I am” He said to me.

“Of course I´m looking forward to it” I said to him slightly feeling happier.

“That´s good” he said to me.

“Hong Ki…” I said his name.

“Hmm?” he asked.

“Saranghae(I love you)” I said to him as he answered me “I love you too, goodnight”

“Goodnight” I said to him as I turned off the call and changed the channel on the TV to see if anything else was giving on it.

Nobody´s POV

When Friday came, while Lee Hong Ki went to his usual schedules, Ji-Eun went to the grave yard to check on her brother. She put some fresh blue color flowers on his grave and said to him “Oppa, did you miss me? Are you doing well? I really miss you. Did you know? I´m going to that shrine that we used to go to so much, remember how we used to play hide and seek or when every time umma and appa would fight you used to take me there so that I wouldn´t feel sad” as she slowly started having her tears fall down from her teary eyes.

“I really need to stop crying” She mumbled to herself as she wiped away her tears and lift herself up.

 

****************************************************************************************

I´m sorry if I´m taking so long to update. I´ve been studying lately :/

Everytime I look at my Portuguese book I feel like this...

***************************************************************************************