Chapter 8

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Strangely enough, Sehun didn't realise he had entered the water until Luhan shook him slightly. He opened his eyes and saw the clear, blue water around him - wait, he was breathing? He tried to swim up but then noticed that he didn't feel two legs. He looked down and almost screamed when he saw that he had a tail. Yes, a tail and a pretty beautiful one at that. Luhan's tail was an ochre colour with a lovely pearl pattern that ran around the whole tail. Sehun's tail was an aquamarine colour with a swirling pattern that began at the base of the tail and moved up.

"Whoa," was all that Sehun could say. This was the first time that he really clearly saw Luhan's tail and was amazed. But he was also amazed by his own tail.

"You're so handsome!" Luhan blurted out.

"How i-is this possible?" asked Sehun.

"Well, it's part of a spell I guess you could say. It lets you have a tail for about 2 days. Jeno's power helped quite a lot," commented Luhan.

"Shouldn't we go now?" asked Jeno.

"Right."

The three of them swam to the castle. They followed Luhan who seemed to be quite excited for some odd reason - probably because Sehun was going with him. It took them a while to get to the castle, but they made it nonetheless. When they neared the castle, they saw someone swimming up to them.

"Luhan-hyung~!" exclaimed Chen. He charged towards Luhan but the latter swiftly dodged him and just giggled.

"Hi Chen," greeted Luhan.

Chen was about to retort but then he noticed the other two. "Did he use a spell on you Sehun?" he asked and Sehun gave him a tired nod. Chen looked at the other and his eyes widened, "No way, it couldn't be," muttered Chen as he swam up to Jeno.

"It sure is, Chen. Now let's go inside," gestured Luhan. The others followed him and Jeno stuck close to Sehun - considering Chen did not stop staring strangely at the youngest. They followed Luhan through many corridors and found themselves at a pair of large doors, "Father, it's me Luhan. I've brought visitors with me."

"Come in," the king said from inside.

Luhan opened the door and the others entered behind him. "Father, you remember Sehun, right? So I don't have to introduce him, but there is someone else I would like you to meet," announced Luhan.

Kris looked up - not very surprised by Sehun's transformation - and saw the youngest. He was amazed at first how the boy did not have a tail, yet he was breathing and then he moved closer to the boy. "It can't be. Luhan is this boy..."

"Yes, father. Jeno here is his son. He can prove it to you," he turned to Jeno, "Show him."

The others stepped back and Jeno took a deep breath. He gathered some of the water from around him and manipulated it to make the shapes of weapons, people, places and even the castle. He carefully released the water back to it's normal state and took another deep breath. He never had to use his power so much in one day before, let alone use it at all. He felt slightly dizzy, but just ignored the sensation and just behaved normally.

"You are meeting some very important people up there, Luhan. I must say, first Sehun and now young Jeno here," stated Kris.

"Is it alright if they stay for the rest of today and tomorrow? We'll have to leave tomorrow night but until then, could they stay?" asked Luhan.

"Of course, I will make sure there will be rooms prepared while you give them a tour of the castle."

The castle was fairly large considering it was under water. It was very open along the outer hallways of the castle, but very private at the centre. There were too many rooms that they visited for them to count and it was too beautiful to stay in one room for long before finding another. Sehun still found it interesting how the tail made it so much easier to swim through the water. Along the way, they had a brief encounter with the other three brothers and introduced them to Jeno. The three of them continued to explore the castle because Chen decided he would stay with the other siblings.

That night, they had a very delicious feast and slept soundly, feeling quite satisfied with what they did that day. The next day, Jeno didn't feel as though he was dizzy anymore and concluded that it was just tiredness. They met up once again and were on their way to meet with the other brothers when suddenly there was a large explosion like sound that came from outside the castle. The three of them swam as fast as they could to the king's quarters and asked what was happening.

"We are under attack," announced Kris.

"But who would attack the castle?" asked L

Please log in to read the full chapter