Chapter 22: Baekyeol

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun and Chanyeol actually took Sehun's advice. After giving Jongin and Luhan the potion that would help ease the pain, the couple went up to the mountains. They were able to find somewhere to stay which was near a large water fall. They planned to have a relaxing camping trip for a couple of days until everything calmed down in town. It was quite early in the morning when they had arrived at the spot, but it was good timing. If they had gotten there any later, then they wouldn't have had as much time to be together. They slowly moved their belongings from the car to where the campsite was. Luckily for them, no one was there and it didn't seem as though anyone would be there any time soon.

Once they had all their things up and ready, they had some lunch - which they had packed the previous night - before having some fun. By fun, that meant going over to the nearby waterfall and messing around in the catchment. That also meant that Chanyeol was going to be able to see Baekhyun in his merman form again. They took a couple of large towels with them and they walked up to the catchment. When they got there, they placed their towels and shirts well away from the water so that they would stay dry. Chanyeol was already in his board shorts and so was Baekhyun. Although, it didn't matter whether or not he had his clothes on because they would disappear anyway. Baekhyun dived into the water with such grace that it made Chanyeol stare in awe. He snapped out of his trance when Baekhyun called out to him. "Chanyeol, its actually deeper than you think! I think its about six meters or so!" he exclaimed.

Knowing that, Chanyeol bombed into the water and resurfaced moments later in front of Baekhyun. "It's fresh water, isn't it?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it feels so good to be like this again. Not having to worry too much about other things in life," Baekhyun said as he swam on his back. Chanyeol swam over to Baekhyun and lifted the latter's head up slightly. They were staring into each other's eyes for a few long peaceful moments but then, Chanyeol splashed water at Baekhyun's face. He dived down into the water to get away from the playful Baekhyun. When Baekhyun got down there, he was expecting to have Chanyeol mess around some more, but then he got what he was expecting moments ago - a kiss. Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun under the water and embraced him ever so gently. Baekhyun should have been enjoying the moment - and he did up to a certain point - but how was Chanyeol able to hold his breath for so long? When the latter pulled away from the kiss and smiled, he pointed up and they both swam up to the surface. "Chanyeol, how could you hold your breath for so long?"

"Well, no one really knows about it, but up until a few years ago, I did freediving. I built up a lung capacity that others could only dream to have. The longest I have held my breath for is about ten minutes," Chanyeol answered. "Hyung, let's say that we were able to find your parents. What would you do when you saw them?" he asked out of the blue.

"Well, I think I would first of all think its all a dream. Then I would cry for a while and I might get angry at them for what they did. After that, I don't think I'll know what to do. That was really sudden for you to ask me that Chanyeol. What made you ask?"

"Oh, no reason. Just that I was curious. So hyung- " Suddenly Chanyeol was being dragged down into

Please log in to read the full chapter