Chapter 4: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey Sehun, can I please just ask, why don't you call me your hyung? I'm older than you by 2 years," said Luhan. They were in the car, going who-knows-where?

"Um, because I want to?" answered Sehun questioningly.

"Urgh, whatever. Where are we going by the way?" asked Luhan.

"You'll see, we're almost there."

Luhan slowly realised where they were headed - the beach where they had first met. He began to panic. What were they going there for? Sehun didn't bring his board, so surfing was off the list. Luhan looked to see what sort of shorts Sehun was wearing, and god, he wished he didn't - Sehun was wearing his board shorts. That meant that he was going to swim. But what would Luhan do if Sehun asked him to get in the water as well? What if he refused and then Sehun touched him with his dripping wet hands? What would happen if- ?

His thoughts were cut short as they parked to the side of the road and Sehun killed the engine. The latter got out of the car, but Luhan couldn't move. He wouldn't move. But unfortunately for him, Sehun was a lot quicker and stronger and dragged Luhan out of the car. "Earth to Luhan? Hello, is anyone in there?" asked Sehun.

"Huh? What are you doing? And why are we at the beach?" asked Luhan.

"Um, to have a swim? What else, other than surfing of course, but I didn't bring my board today," Sehun took his shirt off and chucked it into the car. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Me? Why do I have swim as well?" retorted Luhan.

"Look, if you don't want to swim that badly, then at least sit in the sand will you?" Sehun was kind enough to say that, but then Luhan felt bad. He didn't mean to be rude or anything, but he did sit by the shore at least. He calmed down but then he smelt something that wasn't sea water - rain. He couldn't run to the car to beat the rain, he knew he would end up changing back in the car and that would cause some problems. So when Sehun was under the water, Luhan ran as fast as he could into the waves and around behind some very large rocks. He hid beneath the surface, not risking being spotted but then he could hear Sehun calling him.

He really didn't want to leave Sehun like that, but he had no choice. If Sehun saw what he truly was, he would probably think that Luhan was a freak. So Luhan waited it out. He watched from behind the rocks and waited until Sehun was long gone. He then waited out the rain and dragged himself onto the beach when the coast was clear. Once he was dry, he ran back home and stayed inside.

The next day however, Sehun came to his house and knocked on the door, "Luhan, are you in there? Please come out if you are," pleaded Sehun. He sounded genuinely worried. Luhan went to the door but only opened the main door, keeping the flyscreen locked.

"Oh hey Sehun-"

"Don't oh hey Sehun me. What happened to you yesterday? You just disappeared! You couldn't have run off that fast without me seeing you first," ranted Sehun.

"I-I-I can't tell you that," said Luhan honestly.

"Why can't you tell me Luhan? I know you're keeping something from me...Can you at least let me in?" asked Sehun.

Luhan reluctantly unlocked the flyscreen door and walked back into the house. But before hearing the flyscreen shut, Luhan felt a hand grab his wrist and turn him a

Please log in to read the full chapter