Chapter 10

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the morning, Sehun was thankful that he did not have to wear any cloaks or armour. He was allowed to just go as he was with his naginata and boy was he happy about that. He entered the hall and the four soldiers from the previous day were there waiting for him - in full armour. Luhan had gone ahead of Sehun to meet the soldiers first. "Sehun, my father wanted to give you this," said Luhan handing a necklace to Sehun. It was a light weight thread necklace that had a tooth from the shark that he had killed.

"Please give the king my thanks," asked Sehun as Luhan put it on for him. "Seriously, are you guys trying to attract attention? That armour will reflect the sun through the water like mirrors." Sehun swam up to the four of them and took off their helmets and they followed by taking off their body armour, "That's better. Now you will be able to move properly again."

"His majesty the king gave me the map of where we will be headed to, sir," said one of the soldiers.

"All of you, when the king isn't here, please just drop the formalities. You're all older than me by years at least and I am not going to use formalities either. What's your name and age?" asked Sehun as he opened the map.

"Son Dongwoon, 23 years old."

"Awesome. Who is next age wise?" asked Sehun.

"Oh, that would be me, Yang Yoseob, 24 years old."

"Yong Junhyung, 25."

"Jang Hyunseung, same age as Junhyung."

"Okay then. Don't expect me to use formalities with any of you because the only person I do use it with, is the king. Lovely Luhan here doesn't even here me calling him hyung and neither do his brothers. Since all the introductions are done, let's go. See you later, Luhan."

"Bye Sehun, be careful out there!"

They were to swim out quite far the first day and they would come back after sunset. Since the distance was quite far, the group had some time to chat. "So Yoseob, tell me about your fellow colleagues," asked Sehun.

"Well, Dongwoon is quite confident about himself and the things he says or does. He is quite strong as well. Junhyung-hyung though is sort of a quiet and mysterious guy. I actually don't know him very well and neither do any of the others within the guards. As for Hyunseung-hyung, he talks and responds in a way that makes you think his mind is off somewhere else. He tends to sound lost or doesn't answer the right question. But when they fight, they're all pretty awesome. But I'm not that bad myself either you know," explained Yoseob.

"Guys, come closer," commanded Sehun. So they did. "In a count of three, I want all of you to swim to your left, okay? One. Two. Three!" The four of them did as they were told, but Sehun remained where he was. He turned around quickly and he managed to stop a shark in it's tracks. "That was a close one." The others were surprised at how accurate the timing was. They hadn't even noticed that the shark was approaching them. "What are you doing here? Isn't this rather far for your type?" asked Sehun. The others were slightly confused by Sehun's actions. They couldn't hear anything coming from the shark's mouth that was comprehensible. "I see. Well, then. If your boss sent you here, you can send him a message for me. Tell him, there is a new leader now and if he is going to send a messenger around to me, he should come himself instead. Understood?" The shark somehow nodded it's head and swam back to where it came from.

"Whoa," said Dongwoon.

Sehun turned to them just as his eyes were turning back from red to the normal hazel colour, "Let's keep moving." They continued to swim in silence for some time until Sehun called out, "Junhyung, come here for a second."

"Yes?" said Junhyung as he approached Sehun. The others began whispering about Junhyung but the latter seemed to ignore them.

"So, they say that you are quite the fighter but you do not like to socialise as such. They call you mysterious and quiet which I can agree with to a certain extent," added Sehun.

"To a certain extent?" asked Junhyung.

"Well, you and me, both. I am quite the mysterious type and I am not the loudest either. But I don't have much to hide, I am just slightly unapproachable. In your case however, it seems as though you have quite a load on your shoulders," observed Sehun.

Junhyung momentarily changed his very composed face expression, "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I mean that you should open up to someone. It doesn't have to be anyone in particular but if you open up to someone just a bit, your life will become so much easier. I can tell you that from experience," smiled Sehun.

The others approached them out of the blue, "Um Sehun," said Hyunseung.

"Yeah?"

"We were just wondering, but are you and Prince Luhan..." Yoseob couldn't finish his sentence.

"Together?" finished Sehun. They nodded. "Yes. Yes we are."

"How did you two m

Please log in to read the full chapter