Chapter 17: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

The two of them were already on their way down to the castle. Sehun had somehow still managed to dive from the cliff even though Luhan begged him not to. But it would have been a lot faster if Sehun had a tail than Luhan trying to drag him. On the way to the castle Sehun seemed to be looking quite sick and when they got to the castle for the check up, they found out why.

"Sehun, there is actually some poison from that stingray's barb that was in your shoulder. You said you've been throwing up right?" asked Suho.

"Yeah, twice already," answered Sehun.

"Well, that's your body rejecting the poison and trying to get it out of you. If you were still just human, then you would''ve already been on the verge of death by now. Luckily, it won't kill you, so Luhan-hyung, please stop worrying," he said to his brother.

"But do you know when he will start feeling better, Suho?" asked Luhan.

"He should be fine after a few hours but if you want it to go away faster, then I suggest you stay down here for a while. Have a swim around here to relax and once you're feeling better, come notify me and then you guys can go back," advised Suho.

"Thanks Suho. We'll be back soon, hopefully," said Sehun. The two of them left and headed out for a relaxing swim. After a few minutes, Sehun didn't look very nauseous anymore and the colour in his cheeks had returned. They decided to stay within a kilometre of the castle as a safety precaution. "Luhan, just saying that Chen is following us," stated Sehun.

"Huh? Is he- ?" Chen suddenly came out of nowhere and tackled Luhan. "Chen, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Well, my hyung decided to call Suho-hyung and Xiumin-hyung and not me! And I wanted to see you again, since we don't see you very often nowadays. So when I heard from Suho-hyung that you and Sehun were here, I had to come see you," explained Chen.

Sehun smiled at how the two brothers were so hyperactive with one another. He sometimes wished he had a brother who was there with him, but now, he had something better - new friends and of course, Luhan. After a few more minutes of chatting, Chen went back to the castle and the two of them continued with their alone time.

"Are you feeling any better Sehun?" asked Luhan. Worry was very obvious on his face.

"Yeah, but not completely better. Luhan," said Sehun as he stopped swimming. He hugged Luhan tightly, "I'm sorry for making you worry so much. I don't mean to, but I can't help it sometimes. I have a duty as the leader of the sharks. I just need you to know that I will end up making you worry in the future and I will also get hurt but, I will always come back home to you, Luhan." He let go of Luhan and looked him in the eyes, "There isn't anything wrong with me, Luhan. I just thought about it for a while and I thought that with my new duties as leader, I will be in a bit of danger every so often. I just needed to clarify some things with you, Luhan."

"Thank you Sehun. I will keep that in mind from now on," said Luhan.

Suddenly there was a high pitch screech that echoed through the water. They blocked their ears from the terrible sound. It was a dolphin for sure - not one, but a pod of them. Ouf of nowhere, Jongin appeared suddenly, looking quite pale. "What was that?" asked Jongin.

Sehun and Luhan were slightly surprised because they hadn't actually seen Jongin in his merman form before - well for Luhan, not since they were younger. But that wasn't the point. They had to find out why there was such an eerie screech. "We should probably go and check it out," suggested Sehun. They all had a slight headache from the sound and once they found the source of it, they were horrified. There was a fishing ship that was capturing a large number of fish with a large fishing net - but inside together with the fish were the dolphins. Sehun moved forward and hid under some large stones. He summoned out his naginata and aimed for the under side of the net. He threw it through the water and it carefully skimmed the net without hurting the fish or dolphins. The naginata returned to him just as the sea creatures began to escape.

Sehun grabbed his weapon and reduced it back into its bangle form. He was breathing heavily because the energy that took was not what he had expected. Luhan and Jongin swam up to him, "Hey, are you okay?" asked Luhan. 

"Yeah, just worn out slightly. At least we won't have to hear anything like that again," said Sehun. He turned to Jongin, "If you heard it then are Baekhyun and Jeno alright?" asked Sehun.

"Yeah, they're managing somehow. Look, I'm goi

Please log in to read the full chapter