Chapter 5: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun and Luhan anxiously waited in the living room - at Luhan's place - for the arrival of the latter's brothers. Luhan was the most anxious because one of them in particular was very over-protective of him and would cause trouble for Sehun. A knocking at the front door however, woke Luhan up from his daze. He got up and cautiously approached the door. He opened it to see that all 4 of his brothers were there waiting for him, "Hey guys- " Luhan was cut off by one of his brothers tackling him.

"Luhan-hyung~! I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Chen," said Luhan.

"Chen, you're suffocating him again," reminded another one of Luhan's brothers.

"Luhan, I'm guessing these are your brothers right?" asked Sehun as he approached the group. He stood next to Luhan and placed his arm around Luhan's waist. Luhan wasn't surprised by the action, but as for his brothers, that was a whole different story.

"Hey, how dare you touch- "

"Xiumin-hyung, it's fine, he is my boyfriend after all," Luhan looked from his brother to Sehun with loving eyes.

"Have you gone insane, Luhan? Have they brain-washed you?" asked Xiumin. "You know that humans are a danger to us, right?"

"No, I am perfectly sane thank you very much, hyung. And Sehun here is no danger to us mer-folk whatsoever," said Luhan as the hugged Sehun around his torso.

"That's even riskier if he knows of our existence!" exclaimed Xiumin.

"Father already knows and Sehun is a trustworthy person. You just don't know him yet," smiled Luhan. Sehun pecked Luhan's forehead and that was it - something sparked within Xiumin.

"That's it," he said. He grabbed a hold of Sehun's arm and began dragging him outside.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" asked Luhan worriedly. The other three held Luhan back as Sehun and Xiumin got farther away from them.

"What has to be done," muttered Xiumin. He continued to drag a helpless Sehun towards the beach. He dove into the water and dragged Sehun along with him. Sehun held his breath but he wouldn't be able to hold it forever, and that would be soon.

Luhan fought against his brothers' hold and ran towards the beach as fast as his legs could take him. He dove into the water and spotted the two further down. He swam as fast as he could to reach Sehun. He saw Xiumin let go of Sehun and Luhan immediately swam deeper to catch up to him. He surpassed his brother and saw the shocked expression on his face, but he didn't care about that - he just needed to save Sehun.

He caught the other's arms and began pulling him up to the surface. He took Sehun over to some flat stones shaded by a peninsula so no one would see. Luhan dragged himself and Sehun onto the stones and grabbed a hold of the latter's hand. "Sehun, please don't die on me. Please, don't leave me now when we've only just become close with each other," Luhan hung his head low and waited for some sort of a response. "I love you, Sehun."

Sehun began coughing up water and choked before waking up completely. When Sehun calmed down, he looked into Luhan's eyes, "Could you say that again, Luhan?" he asked.

"I love you Sehun," repeated Luhan and hugged Sehun tightly and Sehun hugged back. Luhan sensed his brother close by and turned to see that he was there, "Get away from us!" exclaimed Luhan. "I'm not going to risk Sehun's life even if its you hyung."

"Luhan I'm sorry," apologised Xiumin. "You really do love him don't you?" he asked.

"Yes I do, but what you did today hyung, is something even I can't forgive you for," Luhan's eyes had turned dark and cold as if it was the deepest darkest place in the ocean.

"Luhan, please, I know that you are angry at your brother but, look. He is genuinely sorry and you can't hate him forever just because of this one incident," said Sehun, turning Luhan's face to himself, "He's your brother and look, I'm fine, really, so just this once let it slide, alright?" asked Sehun.

Luhan's eyes softened again to it's normal state and without turning to face his brother he said, "Hyung, I'll listen to Sehun and let this one slide, but if this ever happens again, I am going to chase you or whoever to the ends of the earth and back again."

"Thank you Luhan, Sehun," said Xiumin.

Later that day, the three of them returned to Luhan's house. The other three brothers had fallen asleep whilst waiting for them but they woke up as soon as they sensed that the others had returned. "Okay, so Sehun, this is Chen, Lay, Suho and of course Xiumin-hyung. Everyone this is Sehun,

Please log in to read the full chapter