Chapter 12: Baekyeol

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol! Come here, right now!" exclaimed Baekhyun.

"What is it?" asked Chanyeol frantically.

"T-there is a spider in our kitchen!" stuttered Baekhyun.

"A spider? That's all?" said Chanyeol. He walked into the kitchen and looked around. When he saw the spider, he almost screamed but didn't for the sake of Baekhyun's ears. "Oh, that really, really, really big one, right there on the bench?" asked Chanyeol as he backed away slowly from the kitchen. They tried to catch it or get it to go out of the window at least but they instead just made a big mess.

They heard the phone ringing whilst they chasing after the spider, "Go get it Chanyeol!" exclaimed Baekhyun.

Chanyeol quickly went to answer the phone but before he could even say hello, Baekhyun seemed to have caught the spider.

Hello? Chanyeol? Baekhyun? Anyone there?

They had caught it, but now they had to get it out of their place and quickly at that. Chanyeol went to the phone and began talking, "Luhan-hyung sorry about that. What's up?"

Just letting you guys know that we are back at home and you don't have to worry.

"Oh okay thanks for letting us know- Baekhyun-hyung!" exclaimed Chanyeol. Luhan just hung up on the other end of the call. Chanyeol ran over to help the other who had captured the spider in a jar. He grabbed a plate and slid the jar on top of it and carefully took it outside. He jogged all the way down the street and let the spider go there. Chanyeol ran back home before the spider could follow him.

Once he got back however, he saw how messy their place had become, "Great, now we have to clean this up," said Baekhyun. So they did what they had to do and then collapsed on the couch. They didn't have much to say to each other since they saw each other everyday. Baekhyun felt a sudden chill run up his spine. He decided to hug Chanyeol around the waist, "Chanyeol."

"Yeah hyung?" said Chanyeol as he lifted Baekhyun up and onto his lap. Now Baekhyun was sitting there with his back to Chanyeol and the latter hugging his waist.

"I know this is a sensitive question for us both, but where are your parents?" asked Baekhyun.

Chanyeol knew that this question would come up at some point in their relationship, so he wasn't that surprised, "Well, let's just say that my grandparents from both sides weren't very happy with my parents' marriage and they were forced to seperate. Neither families wanted me at the time so I was sent to an orphanage. These days, every so often I see my mum and just say hello. But my dad has never shown his face to me, not since then. Plus, I don't think he could face me now, not with a man's pride."

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol tremble slightly beneath him. He knew the other was crying and was trying to hide it. "Do you know what his name is?" asked Baekhyun.

"Yeah, and I know where he lives as well. I guess I'm just not brave enough to visit him either," said Chanyeol. Chanyeol began blurting out things about his dad. Baekhyun caught the things that were the most important and remembered them. Soon, Chanyeol fell asleep from all the energy he used from crying. Baekhyun jotted the things down quickly and let Chanyeol rest with a blanket on the couch.

He took his mobile that he had gotten recently and left. He got onto the bus and rode on it for about 15 minutes before getting off and looking around. Once he found the place he pressed the buzzer.

Hello? Who are you looking for young boy?

"I'm looking for Mr. Park sir."

Older or younger?

"Younger sir," answered Baekhyun. The person on the other side hung up and a few moments later, a middle-aged man stepped out in front of the house.

"Yes, what is it?" asked the man.

"Hello Mr. Park. I'm Byun Baekhyun, a friend of your son, Park Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol...How did you find me here?" asked Mr. Park.

"Um, well he already knew where you lived but would it be alright if we could talk for a bit sir? I know somewhere we can have a chat quietly, if you would just come with me," asked Baekhyun.

The man hesitated for a moment, "Give me a moment to grab my things." He went inside to get his things.

Baekhyun quickly texted Chanyeol: Meet me at the cafe a few minutes away from our place in 20 minutes. But don't come any earlier than that :)

The man came back out and they got onto the bus. They went to the cafe and took a seat. "So is Chanyeol doing alright?" h

Please log in to read the full chapter