Chapter 21: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan waited in his room, swimming back and forth constantly. He didn't know what else to do. Why didn't Sehun do something until Suho got there? Did he know that they were about to be attacked? Of course he did. This was Sehun they were talking about. As more and more thoughts rushed through Luhan's head, Tao barged into the room, "I'm sorry for barging in your highness, but they've returned."

Luhan followed Tao and was slightly reluctant when he realised where they were headed - the infirmary. When they got inside, they saw nurses swimming back and forth all over the place. Luhan swam slower now, trying to find Sehun. He was relieved when he saw a nurse merely bandaging Sehun's arms - yes, both were injured. When the nurse was done, Sehun thanked her and turned to see Luhan.

Luhan swam up to Sehun and hug- no, squeezed the latter, "Sehun, I'm so glad you're alright!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, none of us were severely injured, but who the hell was that?" asked Sehun as he let go of Luhan.

"He was a guard from last time, your highness, Sehun," greeted Yoseob, "After the two of you had left, he began to rebel against you and your decisions. We found out that you were human and that caused even more of a fuss. He even raised his voice in front of the king. He went pretty quiet after that and the other soldiers avoided him for that reason. This really wasn't what anyone was expecting from him," explained Yoseob.

"I see, thanks Yoseob," said Sehun. "What was his name?"

"Lee Kikwang. But I must tell you something, your highness, Sehun."

"And what is that?" asked Luhan.

"After that day when you chose us, Kikwang went missing for a few days and when he returned, he seemed to have a terrible aura about him," added Yoseob.

"Yeah, I noticed that earlier. I could sense him from at least 500 metres away. It was really quite terrible. But I'm guessing that what you're trying to say is that there might be something else involved with this, right?" asked Sehun.

"Mhm. Kikwang is usually quite funny and gets along with the others very well, but the fact that he suddenly changed, worried a lot of us."

"Is he in the dungeons right now?" asked Sehun.

"Yeah, but he isn't exactly sane right now," answered Yoseob.

"Okay then. We'll just have to change that, won't we?" said Sehun. He got up and began to swim to the dungeons. Luhan knew he wouldn't be able to stop him, so he just followed along. When they got down there, Luhan began to feel slightly sick. The evil that was down there grew stronger with each metre they swam. When they saw the state Kikwang was in, they knew exactly why.

There was a disgustingly dark aura about him that just seemed too unnatural. "This...is...awful," commented Luhan.

"Yeah, but it's doable," said Sehun.

"What's doable?" asked Luhan, slightly worried about what Sehun would answer him with.

"You'll find out," said Sehun. When they got to Kikwang's cell, they could no longer sense any sanity in him. "Lee Kikwang," announced Sehun. The male turned around to Sehun, "Listen up! You will fight it. For the friends who miss you. You will win against it. It will not take over any further than it has. Listen to me and do as I say. To win you must fight. To fight you must regain control. To regain control you must fight. To fight, you must win."

Luhan was curious as to what Sehun was going on about, but then, the aura began to recede from Kikwang's body. Kikwang was fighting it off, just like how Sehun had chanted. "Sehun? What's going on?" asked Luhan.

"Stay in the castle." That was all that Sehun said and then he swam out of the dungeons with the darkness following him. He lead it out of the castle and into the open waters. There he brought out his naginata and began slashing at the darkness in what seemed to be a random pattern. But then after he was done, there was a chinese character that read, '祓' (meaning remove evil) through the mist.

Bystanders were amazed and cheered when the dark mist dispersed into the water, leaving no residue behind. Sehun swam back into the castle and had to lean against the walls to support himself. He was exhausted. He had always practiced on smaller groups of mist, but never had he dealt with such a large group before. Luhan and several others rushed to his side.

"Sehun, where on earth did you learn that?" asked Suho.

"Well, it may sound weird, but this thing told me," he answer

Please log in to read the full chapter