Chapter 16

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan felt as though someone was watching him and noticed Niel was the reason for it. "Um, could you please stop staring, Niel?" asked Luhan.

"S-sorry," the other said.

"I'll start off then," said Sehun. "Niel, why did you disappear before graduation day?"

Niel stiffened slightly. "I-I-I had somewhere else to be that day," he stuttered.

"Somewhere more important than high school graduation?" asked Sehun.

"Okay enough with the stalling, Niel. Just tell them already," insisted Chunji.

"The six of us are what you would call Elementals. Cap-hyung and I can control Earth. Chanjo and L.joe-hyung can control Fire. Ricky and Chunji-hyung can control Air. But none of us can control water and we wondered why. But I found out about my powers a week before graduation and I hadn't learnt to control them as yet so I couldn't attend graduation," explained Niel.

"Whoa, that's pretty cool," commented Sehun.

"Aren't you surprised at all?" asked L.joe.

"Well, maybe just a little but I have seen much more surprising things if you could say. Jongin, Baekhyun, Luhan, is it alright if I tell them?" asked Sehun. The three of them nodded in agreement. "Well, now for my end of the bargain. You see, Jongin, Baekhyun and Luhan here are all mermen," stated Sehun.

"M-mermen?" asked Ricky.

"Yes, mermen. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are just normal humans."

"Wait, what about you?" asked Chunji.

"I used to be fully human if you could say. Not that I'm a monster or anything but recently I became the leader of the sharks," said Sehun.

"Seriously? Sharks? Mermen? You have got to be kidding me," said Changjo.

"I'll prove it to you then, Changjo, and anyone else who doesn't believe me." Sehun got up and walked to the door. "Guys, wait right here. After I take these guys for a show, I will come back. Give me about two hours." said Sehun. All six of them followed Sehun to the beach. He stopped before he stepped onto the sand. "You guys all know how to swim right?"

"Yeah, of course we do," answered Changjo.

"Okay then, see the bottom of that cliff over there?" Sehun gestured and they nodded. "Well, I need you guys to swim over to it, but I suggest you stay about thirty metres away from the cliff face otherwise you may or may not get hurt," asked Sehun.

"Why do we have to swim out there?" asked L.joe.

"You'll see," said Sehun. The six of them took off their jacket and shoes so they wouldn't be weighed down in the water and began swimming. Sehun ran up to the top of the cliff and looked down to see if they were there - which of course, they were.

"No way," Chunji said as he looked up.

"What?" asked Cap. "Sehun, what are you doing up there?" he exclaimed.

"Trust me and don't try to catch me!" he yelled. He took one last breath and jumped off the cliff's edge and dived into the water. Unlike last time, he was perfectly fine when he entered the water and the tail didn't feel as awkward. He swam up to the waiting six guys, "Don't worry, I didn't die or anything."

"Why are you shirtless?" asked Niel.

"You can't see from above the water cause of the reflection, but I don't exactly have legs anymore. Chunji, Ricky, can you perhaps make air bubbles around all of your heads?" asked Sehun.

"Yeah, okay," the two said in unison.

"And dive into the water for me, as deep as you can. I'll meet you guys down there," he dived down, without showing them his tail thankfully. He was a lot faster than them obviously because of the tail. Once he was as deep as the others were probably able to manage, he stopped and waited. Soon the six of them appeared and looked shocked as they saw Sehun. "Now, I don't want you guys to freak out or anything, so for your own sake, please don't be scared."

"Why?" they asked.

Sehun whistled in different pitches and called upon three different sharks. They arrived within minutes and unfortunately for Ricky, he was slightly frightened. One of the sharks sensed this and began swimming towards the group, "Stop right there!" commanded Sehun and the shark slowed down slightly and swam a different way. It swam towards Sehun and seemed confused. "It's alright, these guys don't mean any harm. They just haven't met any sharks up close before, especially him," he gest

Please log in to read the full chapter