Chapter 6

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

They knocked on the door of Chanyeol's house and waited for someone to answer it. Suddenly Chanyeol opened the door, "Oh, hey Luhan-hyung, glad you're feeling better. Hey Sehun. What brings you guys here?" he asked, slightly out of breath.

"Um, are you okay?" Sehun asked.

"Can we come in?" asked Luhan, a bit too happily.

"Uh, yes, if you don't mind meeting a couple of others in there, then yes," said Chanyeol.

The two of them walked into the house and saw three others already there. Luhan saw Baekhyun who seemed to be rather bored and a smaller boy sitting on the couch. But then when he saw the third person, his eyes lit up with joy, "Jongin~!!!" he ran over and hugged - or more like tackled - the other, who was quite surprised.

"Hey- Huh? Luhan-hyung? Your highness, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I live here, on land now, that's why," answered Luhan as he let go of Jongin.

"Um, Luhan, sorry to ruin the moment but you realise I am still here right?" asked Sehun.

"Oh sorry, Sehun- "

Suddenly Jongin came between Sehun and Luhan, "Your highness, does this person know as well?"

"Jongin, stand down," ordered Luhan.

"But, your highness- "

"Jongin, can't you tell when two people are in a relationship?" asked Luhan as he walked over and hugged Sehun's torso. Sehun wrapped his arm around Luhan's waist as well and the movement shocked Jongin.

"When? Why?" he asked, keeping his composure.

"How about we all just take a seat first, shall we?" asked Chanyeol.

When they all sat down, they sat in their respective couples, "Well first of all I only began living on land about two weeks ago and we got into a relationship not too long after that," began Luhan. "Why, do you ask? Well, first of all, I saved Sehun here and then he helped me when I first moved onto land. I actually fell in love with him the first time I ever saw him, love at first sight, you could say. And this guy just happened to know everything and then everything else flowed from there. Isn't that right, Sehun?" asked Luhan as he hugged the said male.

"That's right," Sehun kissed Luhan's forehead.

Jongin saw that Luhan was very happy, "I'm sorry about earlier Sehun."

"It's alright, I've already faced the wrath of Luhan's brother, so it didn't surprise me as much," admitted Sehun.

"Anyway, moving on, Kyungsoo right?" asked Luhan, "So, when did you two meet?" He seemed to be implying that the two of them - Jongin and Kyungsoo - were dating.

Jongin choked on the very air he was breathing, "Sorry?" asked Kyungsoo as his voice cracked.

"Aren't you two dating as well?" asked Luhan.

"Yeah, aren't you? You two kept looking at each other so...lovingly, I thought that you two were in some sort of a relationship," added Baekhyun.

The two exchanged slightly confused and dumbfounded looks with each other and then turned back to the others, "Really?" asked Kyungsoo.

As Luhan and Baekhyun kept talking on and on about the other two, Sehun and Chanyeol got up and took a seat in the kitchen. They sat there and sighed, "I think we may have to wait a while," commented Chanyeol.

"Yeah," agreed Sehun. A few minutes passed and the others still hadn't finished with their love lecture. Sehun was getting bored but then he noticed something outside. There was some sort of a light flashing in through the window of the kitchen. He moved closer to the window and then a rock came flying through it. Sehun covered himself with his arms from the glass shards but then as soon as he looked up, he felt a sharp pain in his arm. He looked outside to see who it was and Chanyeol rushed out to find the culprit.

The others came in having heard the disruption, "Sehun! Are you alright? What- " exclaimed Luhan. But he stopped when he saw Sehun's right arm. There were several small glass shards that had pierced Sehun's arm but there was a certain larger piece that looked as though it had gone in quite deep. His arm was covered in glass and blood, which dripped onto the floor.

Sehun felt dizzy and when he saw his arm, he didn't feel much better. He looked up and saw that Luhan was there and he looked worried but then he couldn't remember anything after that but black. When Sehun woke up, he heard a constant beeping sound and steam being released by a humidifier. He opened his eyes to see a white ceiling, white walls and everything else was pretty much white too. Along with that, he saw that his right arm was bandaged and felt bruised.

"Sehun, you're awake!" Luhan w

Please log in to read the full chapter