Chapter 13: Kaisoo

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

After having some fun at Chanyeol and Baekhyun's place, the two of them went to a nearby chinese restaurant. Jongin and Kyungsoo both ordered black bean noodles and ate in silence, only the sounds of slurping being heard. After they finished eating, they decided to go to Kyungsoo's place because it was the closest. They honestly had no idea what they were going to do. It was getting dark outside so they just sat there, on the couch. Jongin was so bored, he was about to ask Kyungsoo a very simple question, but when he looked, he saw that Kyungsoo was asleep.

Did something happen to Kyungsoo? Why was he falling asleep now? He wasn't usually the type to fall asleep very easily. But then again, Jongin hadn't known Kyungsoo for very long either so he wouldn't know what sort of habits or things Kyungsoo did. Jongin wasn't very shocked though, considering he wasn't the type to usually reveal things to others very easily. He was so deep in thought, that he actually had fallen asleep. The reason he knew that was he woken up by his phone ringing.

He reached over for it and answered, "Hello?" he croaked.

Dude, are you alright?

"Yeah, I just woke up," he cleared his throat, "What's up though Chanyeol-hyung?"

It's just that, Baekhyun-hyung said he was going out to the supermarket about an hour ago and he hasn't been answering my calls or texts. I mean, he does tend to get side-tracked but still, he doesn't ignore me for this long.

"And you want me to try and call him instead?" asked Jongin.

If that's alright. If he doesn't answer, could you please call me back?

"Yeah sure, will do hyung," Jongin hung up and called Baekhyun.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four. Five. Six. The number you have called is currently unavailable-

He hung up before the beep and called Chanyeol back, "He isn't answering. Hyung, are you sure that he didn't mention anywhere else?" asked Jongin.

I'm sure of it. I'm just really worried now. I don't want Kyungsoo getting hurt and the other two need to rest, so would it be possible if you could help me Jongin?

Jongin sighed, "Yeah, where should I meet you?"

In front of the supermarket in 20 minutes. Thanks so much Jongin!

They both hung up and Jongin got a piece of paper and quickly wrote a message for him:

I am just going out for a bit. I may take a while so don't wait up for me.

Don't try looking for me either. I will back, I promise. Once I get

the chance to, I will call to let you know when I will

be back. - Jongin

Jongin placed the note on the dining table and then left for the supermarket. He got there a bit earlier than what was expected but Chanyeol was already there - probably too nervous about Baekhyun going missing. They went into the supermarket together and looked through each and every aisle of the store, but still no luck in finding Baekhyun.

Chanyeol remembered something then and wished he hadn't, "No, it can't be them."

"Who?" asked Jongin.

"About two years ago, when Baekhyun-hyung and I first met, he was captured by mermaid hunters. If he was captured again, I don't know what I would do," rambled Chanyeol. "If he was even just captured by some thugs I don't know what I would do either," he added.

"Well then, let's just find out," said Jongin.

"How are we supposed to do that?" asked Chanyeol desperately.

"I try not to use this power I have too much, but I can track down the trails of mermen and mermaids if I try," explained Jongin, "Now let's see." He scanned the area and found a faint trail. He began walking and Chanyeol just followed. They took quite a few turns here and there, into dark alleys and then into even darker ones. They stopped at a garage door. "It goes inside and then stops, so he must be in here." He took a step back and then kicked the door down.

On the other side, they saw a five guys looking their way and towards the back of the room, Baekhyun was there, struggling to get free. "Baekhy

Please log in to read the full chapter